Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,944

3 members and 2,941 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Sometimes males from one source won't or can't breed well with females from another source. As was said, don't worry much about inbreeding.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Don't know what to do

Make sure to keep the enviornment clean and disinfected. Mice are prone to RI especially in overcrowded small spaces. Your substrate is important too. I am still tweaking my colonies but I love having live hopper mice available for the hatchling ball pythons.
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 11-28-2016 at 08:48 AM.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks

Thank you everybody for the help and advice I am going to go down tomorrow morning and see when those babies are going to be weaned so I can pick me up a new trio of breeders and start from scratch... One question how old do the mice need to be before I introduce the male to the females Since I am going to be getting freshly weaned I was just wandering thank you

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    1.0 normal bp - 2015 - Erebus
    1.0 bci hypo motley het albino - 2016 - Aether
    0.1 bci hypo het albino - 2016 - Nyx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erebus45 View Post
    Thank you everybody for the help and advice I am going to go down tomorrow morning and see when those babies are going to be weaned so I can pick me up a new trio of breeders and start from scratch... One question how old do the mice need to be before I introduce the male to the females Since I am going to be getting freshly weaned I was just wandering thank you

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    I have read that they can start breeding at like 4-1/2 weeks, but is not so good for them. That it is best to wait til 7-8 weeks old.

I also have one male mouse that, with other males, he us very aggressive, but with any females, they chirp once and he almost runs across the cage. Totsl wuss! I have had him since mid-Oct. But he has yet to impregnate any female and I have had 4 females in with him. The latest was from Dec 16th until today..... LOL, he has ONE job to do .... he better start doing it or he will be introduced to my female ferret.
    Only reason I am breeding is for her, my male ferret, I can put him in the cage with the mice ( I gave did this a couple times) and he does nothing.... but the female. . . She is a killa. They do not last 3 seconds around her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12