Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,903

4 members and 2,899 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks

Stories from a 4 year old

I've shared this with people before, but a friend of mine brought it up again so I thought I would share it with you. I'm not good at telling stories, so I'll just tell you what my son told me one day after school. Keep in mind he's 4.

So I picked him up from school one day and asked what he did that day. Usually he can't remember, even though he just left school, so after a long pause I restated that fact. He then went on to explain that he can't remember what happened at school because of the memory wolves. He went on to explain that whenever you forget something it's because the memory wolves ate it, and if you don't get it back by the time you go to sleep then it's gone forever. If that alone isn't pretty neat to think about he went on to explain that the memory wolves have pets that are worms and they raise them to become new memory wolves. Also they are aliens, possibly from another dimension, and they travel through a wormhole.

Part of the last bit was my influence as we talked and speculated on how they got from space to us, and I think that's why he decided they have worm pets (because he doesn't understand what a wormhole is) but still, this kid has some crazy imagination.
    1.0 Normal (Emrys)
    0.1 Fire (Calypso)
    0.1 Pied (Tessa)
    0.1 Albino Kingsnake (Nienna)
    2.1 Cats (Suki, Daisuke, and Kyo)
    0.0.2 Leopard Geckos (Chi and Pixel)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Meerna For This Useful Post:

cletus (11-26-2016)

Thanks

Re: Stories from a 4 year old

Kids spook me sometimes haha. They say the wildest things and you keep thinking how do they get that stuff. I remember one day I was at a supermarket just buying the groceries, then a kid came out of nowhere, told me how is my mom doing. I said she'a fine and he just told me to watch out for her. Later that week she was admitted into a hospital. Spooky....
    Last edited by danielwilu2525; 11-26-2016 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks
    Yeah, I think that's why so many people believe that young kids can see ghosts and such. Actually speaking of that, I have a ghost story as well. It's more of a ghost notice I suppose. My son was born just days before my grandpa died, we were in the same hospital and the day we were released I went to see my grandpa with my son. By then he was in a medically induced coma, though he was fully aware just a week before, on his birthday. I laid my son on the bed next to him and my family took pictures. That night he passed. They believed he was holding on just long enough to meet his first grandchild. Sometimes as a baby my son wold stare off down the hallway and smile, and I would wonder if my grandpa was there.
    1.0 Normal (Emrys)
    0.1 Fire (Calypso)
    0.1 Pied (Tessa)

Thanks

Woah O-O. One of my biggest fears are kids related with ghosts. I got chills while reading your story. >_<

Thanks
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,247 Posts
    That's awesome. lol Quite an imagination there. Creative BS. I love it!!! My son was like that when he was little. He would come up with some of the most creative stuff like that. He worked so hard to make that stuff up it was hard to get mad sometimes. lol

Thanks
    Meerna your son seems to have pretty developed abstract intelligence, imagination and ideation ability that is very good for his early years. Typically kids' thinking is sticky or precise. My daughter is almost 17. When she was a four-year-old she also imagined stuff and kept unwinding the story of Cinderella from a fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm. She described her pets, her farther, stepmother and sisters, godmother and whereabouts in details like fairy-tale mountains and woods. I saw this picture (https://tranio.com/germany/adt/1480935/) and felt a bit nostalgic about my daughter’s funny dreams.

Thanks
    The ability to imagine something no one else has before is an immensely powerful gift, and fun. I love kids with great imaginations!

Thanks

I don't have another story, but I think I confirmed what I said about children and ghosts. The other night my son (who is now 5) had a headache and didn't want to sleep with a light on like he usually does. I was laying down with him because he wasn't feeling well, and he told me the shadows were creeping him out. I went through everything I could see casting a shadow like the ceiling fan and the window blinds, but he insisted it was ghosts. At first I didn't want to use that "there's no such thing as" line on him, but he was kinda creeping me out with his insistence that it was ghosts so I told him there was no such thing as ghosts. His reply was "you don't know, you can't feel them." This kinda creeped me out a bit because I had never heard him say anything about ghosts other than seeing them, and often assumed it was just shadows.
    1.0 Normal (Emrys)
    0.1 Fire (Calypso)
    0.1 Pied (Tessa)