Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 638

1 members and 637 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Cat likes chewing earbuds

The title says it all. My cat, Pete, loves chewing on earbud wires. And oddly specifically earbud wires? The only reason I say that is because he never goes after lamp or computer wires or anything else that's plugged in (thank goodness). He just loves earbuds. I've tried getting him other similar stringy toys and he likes them, but definitely not to the same extent he loves earbuds. He always ends up chewing through the wire and breaking them. I've learned to try to keep them out of his way but is there any other toy or activity you guys would recommend that might give him as much enjoyment as chewing up earbuds? I feel a little bad I have to take them away. He does seem to have a lot of fun breaking them.
    1.0 Normal ball python (Buddy)
    0.1 Colombian boa (Tina)

Thanks
    Twist ties or those fluffy pipecleaners might help out. o: My cats LOVE twist ties, and I haven't tested pipe cleaners but a friend of mine has a few cats that adore those. Does he do this only when you're in the room or is it any time he can get to them? I've noticed sometimes one of my cats will only wire chew if she thinks she's not getting enough attention (despite the open lap just waiting for her!) or wants her food earlier than normal.

Of course, each cat is different so I can't make any guarantees, but I hope you find something he likes.
    Last edited by AlbinoBull; 11-16-2016 at 12:31 AM.
    0.1 Pastel Pied (Cinnamon Roll)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AlbinoBull For This Useful Post:

kath_ (11-16-2016)

Thanks
    I haven't tried either of those yet but I definitely will! Typical cat loving household items as toys instead of actual toys I buy for him. As far as I know he only does it when I'm in the room so maybe he is doing it for attention. There's only been one incident where I forgot to hide them and he got to them and broke them. Cats are strange.
    0.1 Colombian boa (Tina)

Thanks
    Hopefully it works! And I know right? Our cats adore a jumprope brought home from an event, boxes from their canned food (rare as they're fed raw), and Mochi especially loves attacking feet for some reason. They do play with these little plastic springs we bought for them a ton, and they do have cat trees always in use, but when it comes to toys they usually find something not originally intended but at least easily renewed if broken! Paper packaging still in the box is usually a huge bonus for them. c:
    0.1 Pastel Pied (Cinnamon Roll)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AlbinoBull For This Useful Post:

kath_ (11-16-2016)

Thanks
    My cat loves feet too! I can't stick my foot out of the blanket when I sleep because he'll try to play with it so I literally have a monster under my bed. If anything I actually think his biggest source of entertainment right now is my BP. He never goes near the tank or is in the room when the lid is open but he constantly stares at Buddy when he's out of his hides night roaming. I think it's kind of like cat tv for him!
    0.1 Colombian boa (Tina)