Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,858

1 members and 1,857 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Meet, Merry & Pippin

Well I got my two Ferrets today, I have wanted some for awhile now and did my research and got everything set up for them. I picked out two boys and named them after 2 of my favorite Hobbits Merry and Pippin.

Here is Pippin exploring the house a little.

Pippin with my daughter Alyssa

where was Merry durring all this..........?
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

Thanks

Re: Meet, Merry & Pippin

Cool pets they seem like there fun to have but dont they smell really bad at times?

Thanks

Aww.. so adorable. Their smell doesn't bother me.. it's kind of a musky smell. I guess it really bothers some people.

*shrug*

April
    My art gallery (herp related) http://cerulean-serpent.deviantart.com/

Thanks

Awww how cute! There's nothing like kids and pets is there.

We were just looking at a ferret the other day in one of our local pet stores. The lady there showed us small tattoo's in the ferret's ears that indicate it's been both demusked and spayed/neutered. Apparently here in our part of Michigan ferrets are sold altered so they can't escape and breed in the wild (not sure if this is an actual law or just what is recommended here).

I can't say I noticed any offensive smell when I held the young ferret other than it wanted to teeth on my thumb LOL. Lil booger's have sharp teeth.

Are you going to get one of those cute ferret harnesses so they can learn to go for a walk?

~~Joanna~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

I used to have one, and never thought the smell was that bad. The little harness things are great. Mine used to try and take on driving cars like the typical dog chases car senario. It was so funny! I tried explaining that it would severely loose that fight, but somehow he never seemed to understand.

I'm pretty sure the females have to be spayed, because if they aren't bred everytime they come into heat it results in a prolapsed uterus and then it gets infected and they die. At least that's what I remember, but of course that was a long time ago and my feeble little brain is not what it used to be
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

And I forgot to say how adorable those pictures are. Your daughter and her new best friend are so cute. Very sweet! (see how bad the ole brain is?!?!?!)
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

They are great little guys had them out today for about an hour before they went back into the cage on their own and curled up. I just love the "death sleep" thing they do. The oder isnt that bad I think is a excuse people use who dont want to deal with the ferret anymore. 100% of all ferrets sold thru pet stores are descented and fixxed. Like tigerlily said the females will die if not bred and the males get real mean towards other ferrets not to mention they get real smelly then and greasy.
    Oh yes the harness was a must for each of them but I'm not taking them outdoors until there distemper series is done and it gets a little cooler here.
    -Sean

Thanks

One of the reasons I got a snake was because it doesnt smell unless you leave the dropping in there for a year which i dont plan to do. My dad hates inside pets because they smell he swears he can still smell the cat urine that got on the carpet in my sisters room that was like 2 years ago and hes the only one that smells it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    One of the reasons I got a snake was because it doesnt smell unless you leave the dropping in there for a year which i dont plan to do. My dad hates inside pets because they smell he swears he can still smell the cat urine that got on the carpet in my sisters room that was like 2 years ago and hes the only one that smells it.
    Hehe snake poop will smell up a room about 5 min after it leaves the snake, and there is nothing like the smell of dead rat that didnt get eaten to stink up a place.

Oh and you dad can probley still smell the cat urine it stay around for a long long time. We had to remove floor boards in my parents old house after the cat decided that was going to be the spot she would urinate during her last days.
    -Sean

Thanks

The thing with the cat we had just gotten him fixed and he decided that he wasnt going to use the litter box he went right next to it and then went never stepped in it my mom who was in the room cleaned it up right away and we never smelled it my dad is the only one who can still smell it. As for snake poop i have had mine for a little over two weeks 3 this friday and he has yet to go hes urinated and that hasnt smelled.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast