Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,928

1 members and 2,927 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

needing info on mice rack.

i am wanting to build a mice breeder rack i have it planned out material and layout wise its going to be a 5 tub rack but i am having trouble finding tubs. i spent the whole weekend going to lowes, home depot, pet stores, etc. i did find tubs (mixing tubs, cat litter pans etc.) but im worried about the tubs being to deep and the mice not being able to get the food from above maybe i am overreacting a bit but it seems like they wont be able to reach the screen to get the food and water if anybody could maybe give me some advice, links to tubs i should use or how deep a tub should be for mice would be great. thank you in advance

Thanks

Re: needing info on mice rack.

well i seen on another post that the v-18 and the v-35s are great tubs and i think that is excatly what im looking for not bad in price either. if their is still any advice it will be greatly appreciated thank you

Thanks

Look on eBay for Allentown laboratory rat cages. Grab five of them, set them on a cheap plastic shelf rack and you're set.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Snake gurl For This Useful Post:

Macropodus (11-07-2016)

Thanks
    Snake gurl are you using those cages? I had a look at them on eBay, 351 sold already and not a single review has been left. I am trying to compare them to the much less expensive "Lab Rodent Mouse Breeding plastic cage" also on eBay but can't find any reviews on that one either, much less comparisons between the two makes.

Thanks

well I have decided to go with 6 v-18 and 2 v-35-s tubs from vision products. its going to be 5 levels. I am wanting to do the frame itself out of 2x2s like in the stickys but I am going to try something a little different I am going to put melamine board along the sides and back and the reason I am going to do this and I will need advice and help on this but I am wanting to run some kind of heat tape on the back hooked to a thermostat because in the winter time my house gets pretty cold and for the time being till my spare room is empty (friend needs a place to stay) I am forced to keep them in my room which gets really cold due to wife liking to run a fan at night and she loves it cold lol.... now my question are.

1. what kind of heat tape should I use to penetrate 1/4'' melamine board (flexwatt???)

2.what is the best thermostat to use for it (proportional, on/off) would I have to use something like a ve-200 or something like the jumpstarts from amazon (yes cheaper is better but I do want something that will also get the job done safely).

3. does this idea sound like something that might work or not work lol?

any questions, comments, or concerns are always appreciated.... thank you

Thanks

Well here is the almost finished product I have two more larger tubs to add to it but that's for another time because I really don't need them atm.. Tell me what ya think about it ... Thank you

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    1.0 normal bp - 2015 - Erebus
    1.0 bci hypo motley het albino - 2016 - Aether
    0.1 bci hypo het albino - 2016 - Nyx