Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,856

0 members and 2,856 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Thanks

Re: Help with Lab Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    I'll give you that, but it's the rare puppy that's been perfect from the very start. In most cases, I believe a crate (or X-Pen) is an important tool in raising a well balanced dog.
    Totally, I don't disagree that it's a very important tool in most cases. I was in highschool when we got my puppy, but we had gotten her during the summer break, so I was home all the time and we took mostly the puppy-proofing. So that made things a lot easier I think. Life is a lot easier with crate training, no doubt.
    Crawling back into the reptile scene once more!

Thanks

Re: Help with Lab Puppy

Update:

Roommate followed advice for a couple days, then apparently just stopped.

I got home from work and puppy was fine. I had to stop him from chewing up the linoleum... Sent my roommate a text saying he needs to get a cage to stop him from eating the linoleum because I couldn't imagine the chemicals in the glue to be good for the dog.

Left for work that night and I get a phone call from my roommate. The puppy is very sick. Puking up water. He wanted me to take care of him since he was taking a plane 5 hours later and it was the middle of the night. I told him that he needed to go to the Vet as it could be anything from a severe cold to him eating something he shouldn't have.

(I read online that some people mistake a dog coughing to be puking.)

When I got back home in the morning, the dog was standing in a puddle of mucus water in the laundry room (his room) and my roommate's mom was coming to take him to the vet.

Tomorrow he will be going in for XRays. The Vet is sure he ate a sock, apparently? I really think it's the linoleum.

I told my roommate that if the dog survives the ordeal that he needs to put serious consideration into finding a new home, as the person who wanted the dog in the first place hasn't done her part in taking care of him, and is moving in with her boyfriend without the puppy, and roommate can't put his social life on hold to take responsibility to take care of the dog...

Herp Derp

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789