Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,271

0 members and 3,271 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Caesar progression thread.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    Oh Ceaser getting a new palace! Wonderful news for sure will you stick with black or thinking of switching it up and picking up a white? He looks so precious all curled up only thing missing is a teddy bear
    I will never do white cages again lol. My Proline was white and despite claims of nothing sticking to it, there were stains inside it from my boa. Black cages all the way from now on haha.

Caesar and Pat have both slept in ways i just couldnt imagine lol. Vicky has slept weird before too like when i caught her propping her head 90 degrees to her body against her water bowl lol.

And Caesar might 'need' new digs but right now, my wallet cant afford his new digs lol. I got a bunch of higher ticket bills i need to pay off as well as paying off Pat's cage i ordered today plus his RHP plus i still got to find Coffea or Manzanita perches or if i fail there, order a few sets of S3D Acetal perch holders and an elevated water bowl holder, plus order a few rods of green Acetal and a few long silk vines to hang from the ceiling of the cage. So right now, Pat's PVC cage is getting the extra cash.

I'm sure I'll cave though before the end of the year and get Caesar a bigger cage. He is such a good boy
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (04-28-2018)

Thanks
    How much time and energy you put into Ceasar I am sure his current home will be more than adequate , can not wait to see Pats new home. Wish ever reticulated python had a owner like you , you truly understand and desire to give him the best life possible that's no small achievement anyone who says otherwise obviously never been around the gentle giants 😊 plus he looks pretty please and knows he is well cared for amazing noodle but even more amazing person who cares for him big thumbs up, standing ovation 👏👏👏
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

4. The Following User Says Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-28-2018)

Thanks
    Alright, was cleaning Caesar's cage today and decided to snap some pics that givean idea of how much he has grown. He almost seems more like a mainland male now than a SD lol. Luckily he is such a sweetie.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 04-28-2018 at 09:30 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (04-29-2018),jmcrook (04-29-2018),Stearns84 (04-29-2018),zina10 (04-28-2018)

Thanks
    Oh he is glamorous, the second picture looks like he is coming up for a kiss, love it! And he is so large and in charge from all the fabulous care he receives congratulations
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

8. The Following User Says Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-29-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

The man behind the critters is revealed! He looks great dude. I feel like he’s longer than he looks in the photos. He’s definitely bigger than Gerald but definitely smaller than Phyllis, which is like a perfect size in my opinion. Glad he’s doing so well for you. Phyllis is on day 5 post feed tomorrow but she took a huge piss just now so that means she’ll poop tomorrow or maybe early the next day. Which is 6-7 days after feeding. I may have to try out monster feeders for f/t and start giving her 2lb+ rabbits. A colossal rat is barely noticeable after she eats

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-29-2018),Stearns84 (04-29-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    The man behind the critters is revealed! He looks great dude. I feel like he’s longer than he looks in the photos. He’s definitely bigger than Gerald but definitely smaller than Phyllis, which is like a perfect size in my opinion. Glad he’s doing so well for you. Phyllis is on day 5 post feed tomorrow but she took a huge piss just now so that means she’ll poop tomorrow or maybe early the next day. Which is 6-7 days after feeding. I may have to try out monster feeders for f/t and start giving her 2lb+ rabbits. A colossal rat is barely noticeable after she eats
    Haha yup, the man behind the reptiles is revealed And thanks about his look. I think Caesar looks pretty good too lol. I really dont know exactly how long Caesar is as i cant really get him to sit still to measure. I just use the cage as a measuring tool. I'm guessing around 8 feet. Regardless though, when he is on me, he is so much snake lol. Honestly, if i didnt raise him from a baby and just went in cold and tried to hold him around my body and stuff, i would be kind of intimidated. Same with Rosey or Vicky. Large constrictors are just so much muscle mass and just rock solid. you can feel that if they wanted to, they could mess you up.

So Phyllis is settled on the 7 day feeding schedule? I'm still not sure about Caesar. I mean 10 days is for sure with him but some days, he seems like he could go 14 and other times, barely lasts 10 days. He hasnt been pushing for a while now so I'm really wondering if his 'bad' behavior was because he wanted a girlfriend.

As for food size, Caesar works well still with a jumbo rat. Well jumbo by the pet shop i use standards. Think last time i weighed them, they were around 340-350 grams. I keep meaning to weigh to weight them again but keep forgetting to buy a new battery for my snake food scale. I do give him an XL guinea pig though also which those might be the times he seems to last more than 10 days.

You know, i really want another GTP or an ETB but i was browsing through Bob Clarks available snakes and saw a male SD ultra anery...i was really tempted as i got that extra T8 laying around hahaha. If only i had room for like 5 more snakes but that aint happening.....nice to dream though haha.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (04-29-2018),jmcrook (04-29-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Caesar progression thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Haha yup, the man behind the reptiles is revealed And thanks about his look. I think Caesar looks pretty good too lol. I really dont know exactly how long Caesar is as i cant really get him to sit still to measure. I just use the cage as a measuring tool. I'm guessing around 8 feet. Regardless though, when he is on me, he is so much snake lol. Honestly, if i didnt raise him from a baby and just went in cold and tried to hold him around my body and stuff, i would be kind of intimidated. Same with Rosey or Vicky. Large constrictors are just so much muscle mass and just rock solid. you can feel that if they wanted to, they could mess you up.

So Phyllis is settled on the 7 day feeding schedule? I'm still not sure about Caesar. I mean 10 days is for sure with him but some days, he seems like he could go 14 and other times, barely lasts 10 days. He hasnt been pushing for a while now so I'm really wondering if his 'bad' behavior was because he wanted a girlfriend.

As for food size, Caesar works well still with a jumbo rat. Well jumbo by the pet shop i use standards. Think last time i weighed them, they were around 340-350 grams. I keep meaning to weigh to weight them again but keep forgetting to buy a new battery for my snake food scale. I do give him an XL guinea pig though also which those might be the times he seems to last more than 10 days.

You know, i really want another GTP or an ETB but i was browsing through Bob Clarks available snakes and saw a male SD ultra anery...i was really tempted as i got that extra T8 laying around hahaha. If only i had room for like 5 more snakes but that aint happening.....nice to dream though haha.
    Absolutely, if I started working with her at her current size instead of working up from a noodle the size of a big pencil she’d be an intimidating first large constrictor. I can read her very well though since I raised her from three weeks onwards and she is very easy to manage except occasionally when she doesn’t want to go back in her cage.
    And she’s barely making it to 7 days. Pushing pretty good at day 6. She’s 20lbs and is still growing so she needs either bigger or more frequent meals.
    Seeing you get all the snakes makes me want more snakes haha. Between you and Gio I kinda want a locality bcc. But on the same hand I’d like to breed Phyllis and Gerald someday and keep a baby or two as well... only have three cages and three critters though so that’s helping keep me in check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jmcrook; 04-29-2018 at 03:02 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-29-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Absolutely, if I started working with her at her current size instead of working up from a noodle the size of a big pencil she’d be an intimidating first large constrictor. I can read her very well though since I raised her from three weeks onwards and she is very easy to manage except occasionally when she doesn’t want to go back in her cage.
    And she’s barely making it to 7 days. Pushing pretty good at day 6. She’s 20lbs and is still growing so she needs either bigger or more frequent meals.
    Seeing you get all the snakes makes me want more snakes haha. Between you and Gio I kinda want a locality bcc. But on the same hand I’d like to breed Phyllis and Gerald someday and keep a baby or two as well... only have three cages and three critters though so that’s helping keep me in check

Haha, well cant go wrong with a BCC. I love Gina. She is such a sweetie too and so laid back. For the most part i am more scared of her falling off me than she is haha. She is pretty carefree.

And thats insane Phyllis is barely making 7 days. Like i said, i think Caesar has finally reached a mellow point either from growth or from getting over wanting to breed. Well see how he goes and next year too. Then i will be able to tell more if his pushing is from breeding or not. Regardless, i am so glad he quit pushing as that was a point of great worry for me as he always had a scuff on his chin or somewhere from it. Now watch, i mention this and he will start pushing again haha.

The good thing about boas compared to retics is they are much cheaper to feed and house lol. I only have to change out the boas' cypress about every 2-3 months and i feed the big girls every 3-4 weeks and the little kids every 2 weeks. Caesar i have to change his cypress every month and feed him every 10 days...hoping to go to 14 days.

I will say though, inside the cage, Caesar is much more social and interactive to me. Outside the cages and all the snakes are pretty much the same. Pat's pretty hilarious inside his cage. If you wake him up during the day, he will become Mr. Grump and hiss at you and then move to the other side of the perch and curl back up. Surprisingly when it gets close to night, he will just stare at my hand when i reach in to change his water. I have been waiting to get bit but the little worm doesnt seem to be much of a biter or striker. He seems to like to inspect stuff first unless i make him wait 8-9 days for food. Then when he smells that mouse, he wags his tail vigorously and grabs the mouse haha.

And my days of mass buying snakes is pretty well over. Once i get Pat's cage set up, I'll probably use the 18x18x18 for either an ETB or another GTP and the extra T8 will go to probably another retic in all truthfulness. I love boas but another baby retic sounds fun as Caesar grew too fast and isnt my little baby worm anymore lol. I want either a SD ultra or ultra ivory....doesnt really matter as i wont be breeding so having a white or lavender wont matter or i have been looking at those mochinos. I havent seen SD mochinos though which was kind f the reason i was browsing Bob Clarks site
    Last edited by Sauzo; 04-29-2018 at 03:16 AM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (04-29-2018),jmcrook (04-29-2018),richardhind1972 (04-29-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Well it might just be me but since his shed, Caesar seems to be changing colors. He's starting to develop the white head like I've seen on a lot of tigers. pretty excited.
    Before shed

After shed

You can see below his nostril and back to under his eye is starting to turn white and the top of head is starting to go white too. Gonna be hot if his head turns white and he keeps the orange stripe down his back.
    Caesar is maturing so nicely. He’s very handsome. Keeping that stripe WOULD be so amazing!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DLena For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-29-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Love everything about him. Rainbow destroyed her cage last night. Fed her 3 days ago and last night she pooped and pissed everywhere Then she began the shedding process. Gave me a good chance to clean the blood up also from the chicken massacre. I have to admit I had a larger fear of retics before getting her. Now I just work hard to show her proper respect when handling. So far so good. Caesar looks amazing and keep up the good work.

Both times Rainbow has shed she gets it all off but is in many pieces. Her humidity is 60-70%. Is that to low or is she just growing to fast?

Page 56 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast