Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,749

2 members and 2,747 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Caesar progression thread.

Hahaha, so true. I'm not complaining about him being laid back. I just know Caesar and it's like he's plotting something. I swear, when you look at a retic and they look at you, its like you can see the gears in it's head turning lol. Something with their eyes and them looking you directly in the face...eye to eye contact lol.

Yes agree if his name didn't fit him so well I say name him .
    Curious George he certainly is a curious little monkey and gets into his fair share of trouble but my dear man in the yellow hat you know you wouldn't have him any other way maybe your pied retic can be Geogre already picturing the progression thread lol love it you are awesome
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I'll have to read up,

I'm not sure when the typical breeding season is for retics. I have no interest in breeding so I've not concerned myself with it, but as you said, behavior changes for the better may indicate something.

Wallace has never arched or pushed. He's a little cranky getting out of the cage but after that he is very nice. He tends to be a lot busier than the others when out and can be annoying when I want to relax. Other than that I find Wallace very easy.

Caesar is more food driven and a bit older so he may have a few things going on. Wallace is about a month behind or maybe only 13 days (June 1st) in age.

I'm really glad Caesar is not pushing and is maybe less hungry.

Keep the updates coming. Nothing new on my end, just some bad shed between the eyes.
    Yeah i have no idea about breeding time either. It's the only thing i can think of though as to why Caesar was all antsy. He didnt really push too much, he was just all over the cage windshield wiping and everything. Never got mean or cranky and was always willing to greet me and still loved his petting.

And Caesar isnt a big fan of being dragged out of his cage. He likes to come out in his terms haha which usually ends up either being him climbing to the top of the stack and sitting there or sliding down the stack and to the floor.

I hope Caesar is finally less hungry. That guy was an eating and pooping factory.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    Hahaha, so true. I'm not complaining about him being laid back. I just know Caesar and it's like he's plotting something. I swear, when you look at a retic and they look at you, its like you can see the gears in it's head turning lol. Something with their eyes and them looking you directly in the face...eye to eye contact lol.

Yes agree if his name didn't fit him so well I say name him .
    Curious George he certainly is a curious little monkey and gets into his fair share of trouble but my dear man in the yellow hat you know you wouldn't have him any other way maybe your pied retic can be Geogre already picturing the progression thread lol love it you are awesome
    Lol not sure about the pied retic deal. I love Caesar but not going to lie, retics are a LOT of work. I kind of want another GTP or an ETB now lol. Always loved GTPs since i was a kid so one is just not enough. Like i said, might pick up another one once i get Pat's PVC cage all pimped out.

But if i did get another retic, would probably name it "Poopmachine" as after having one, i know the second best thing they like to do other than eat lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 04-15-2018 at 09:31 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (04-15-2018),jmcrook (04-15-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post

Lol not sure about the pied retic deal. I love Caesar but not going to lie, retics are a LOT of work. I kind of want another GTP or an ETB now lol. Always loved GTPs since i was a kid so one is just not enough. Like i said, might pick up another one once i get Pat's PVC cage all pimped out.

But if i did get another retic, would probably name it "Poopmachine" as after having one, i know the second best thing they like to do other than eat lol.
    Very true , plus you already have one fabulous retic doubt there is one out there more awesome then Ceaser , it really amazes me to see how people can have so many retics or Burmese pythons and make it look so effortless which is obviously very time and fiancely demanding, best wishes with what ever you choose that will be a blessed noodle indeed
    Russian Blue - Church
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

5. The Following User Says Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-16-2018)

Thanks
    Caesar being a good boy again tonight.....he has to be plotting something haha.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Ok i'm kind of at a loss here. I think Caesar is up to something. He has been really well behaved this past week. Not pushing, not tearing stuff up. Last night he was stretched out across his shelf just relaxing and during the day he sleeps in his hides. When i open a door, he pops out to greet me and then sits there for a bit and then goes back into his hide. It 2 days until feeding day and he is really relaxed. Could his terror reign before have been because he wanted a woman? I am confused as Caesar has never been this mellow so close to feeding day lol. And here's a pic of Caesar wondering why he was downgraded to a T8 lol.
    Got to love him. One thing I am learning about retics is they are always thinking and up to something. I am just happy if I don't get pooped on or bitten.

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Yeah i have no idea about breeding time either.
    "breeding season" is generally the same as boas, between November to March
    For the Horde!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-16-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    "breeding season" is generally the same as boas, between November to March
    Maybe that explains why he was such a terror during that time and now that its April, he might be done trying lol. Also, I'm wondering if he is going into shed as he seems a little dull in color. He is also very quiet during that time too lol.

Thanks

Caesar being a good boy again tonight.....he has to be plotting something haha.
    He looks like his planning a freezer heist lol, what a cutie pie , keeps you on your toes doesn't he . Love his pictures living vicariously through you isn't so bad thank you so much for sharing this glamorous fella made my day
    Russian Blue - Church
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

Thanks
    Oh sorry but just thought how did the new feeding thongs go? They look awesome
    Russian Blue - Church
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    Oh sorry but just thought how did the new feeding thongs go? They look awesome
    Havent used them yet. He is being so quiet, i figure letting his fat behind chill without food for as long as can will probably do him some good. I actually think he is going into shed. I looked closer at him and he is dulling up a lot. He still does pop out when i open the cage door but after seeing i got nothing for him, he goes back in lol. I really hope he stops growing soon lol. I wasnt planning on a 13+ foot snake haha. not sure where i would put an AP T65 at as i need to keep it close to the stacks as I'm running 2 Herpstat 6.

If Caesar is shedding, the big boa girls will probably be the first to get the new tongs.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (04-16-2018)

Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast