Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,141

1 members and 3,140 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    And i woke Caesar up. He was less than happy about it especially when there was no dinner involved. On the plus side, i did order 42 inch snake tongs from Bean Farm for Caesar and 2 big girls. I had a seriously close call a few days ago with Vicky. She missed her rat and i felt her teeth scrape on my finger nail. She shot out over 2 feet to be able to do that. I might have pee'd a little too in the process And yes, Caesar does have a big head. He has pretty big teeth too lol.

0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (04-11-2018),CALM Pythons (04-10-2018),Dxw425 (04-11-2018),Gio (04-10-2018),jmcrook (04-11-2018),richardhind1972 (04-11-2018),Stearns84 (04-11-2018)

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Re: Caesar progression thread.

Yeah thats a bit to close for comfort

iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    He looks great man.

I've over estimated Wallace's size. I measured his shed (dried) and it was over 7 feet, but I'm guessing he's either just 7' or a bit under.

I'd love to hook up with you and JM and look at these 3 side by side.

Caesar should be leveling out at 2 years old.

He's looking good!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-11-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    Yeah thats a bit to close for comfort

iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol you're telling me. Worst part is I didnt even noticed really until i felt the scrape on my fingernail. Snakes are so freak fast when food is involved lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    He looks great man.

I've over estimated Wallace's size. I measured his shed (dried) and it was over 7 feet, but I'm guessing he's either just 7' or a bit under.

I'd love to hook up with you and JM and look at these 3 side by side.

Caesar should be leveling out at 2 years old.

He's looking good!
    Thanks. Yeah Caesar will be 2 years old next month. I really dont have an exact measurement on him as well it's pretty much impossible with Mr. Mover. But when he stretches out, he takes the full length of the cage plus about half the width of it. So I'm guessing about 8 feet or so.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (04-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

I purchased tongs after hearing your advice the other day. Happy I did. The last time I fed Rainbow, she struck out and grabbed it as soon as it was in her cage. Just a few inches in the other direction and I would have been bit. Love Caesar. He looks healthy and happy. The more I work with retics the more I love them. Does he ever try to Poop and Pee on you? Rainbow saved up till I took her out last night and WOW.

Rainbow is almost 8 feet now. She can cover the length of her cage 2 times and still have curve in her body. It is a 4' long x 2' wide. I cant wait to put her in her large enclosure. Still 5.5lbs. Weighed her last night empty. I really question her age. She is growing fast.
    Last edited by Skyrivers; 04-11-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,244 Times in 667 Posts
    Did your tongs come with a pair of adult diapers???

If not here is AMAZONS CHOICE. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000F...5qL&ref=plSrch

haha! He looks stunning ! He sounds like such a fun funny snake though. If he only knew all the trash you talked on him here! Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    I purchased tongs after hearing your advice the other day. Happy I did. The last time I fed Rainbow, she struck out and grabbed it as soon as it was in her cage. Just a few inches in the other direction and I would have been bit. Love Caesar. He looks healthy and happy. The more I work with retics the more I love them. Does he ever try to Poop and Pee on you? Rainbow saved up till I took her out last night and WOW.

Rainbow is almost 8 feet now. She can cover the length of her cage 2 times and still have curve in her body. It is a 4' long x 2' wide. I cant wait to put her in her large enclosure. Still 5.5lbs. Weighed her last night empty. I really question her age. She is growing fast.
    Thanks. Caesar is pretty awesome. He is by far my most social snake. The boas are awesome too but Caesar has such personality and is always there when i open the cage but probably only because he thinks food is coming but i like to think otherwise lol.

And nope, Caesar has never pooped on me. He pooped on the floor onces and he has pissed all over my bare foot once when i was watching tv and had him out. He parked his butt over my foot and let loose. Creepy/funny part is he was looking at me while he was doing it.

And Caesar used to not even wait for the food to get in the cage. When he was younger he would strike the glass or any movement when he just smelled food and if you slid a door open that he was near, he would literally strike out the door. He has mellowed a lot and doesnt do that anymore.....so far lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillydubs View Post
    Did your tongs come with a pair of adult diapers???

If not here is AMAZONS CHOICE. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000F...5qL&ref=plSrch

haha! He looks stunning ! He sounds like such a fun funny snake though. If he only knew all the trash you talked on him here! Lol
    That was the deluxe kit. It came with a 12 pack of mens "Depends', a snake tong, a bottle of vinegar, a bottle of rubbing alcohol and 3 large bandaids.

I didnt get it though as i like to live dangerously as you can see by the new tongs compared to the old tongs. I'm an adrenaline junky what can i say lol.

And you can all see the new sweet tongs i got next to the 'fly by the seat of your pants' BBQ tongs lol. Next week, we get a test run of it on Caesar. Think I'll break down and give him a big ole fat guinea pig or maybe a small rabbit to test out the strength on these tongs. They are Snake Stix which I've heard are pretty good so we will find out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (04-11-2018)

Thanks
    A real fabulous feast for one handsome fella, well he probably needs it after gardening, napping, and cruising around looking for his last dinner big boy got to eat right? Also Ceasers head isn't big it magnificent just like every square inch of that perfectly splendid critter. Can never get enough Ceaser just ask my kids lol I show them every time you post a new picture
    Last edited by C.Marie; 04-11-2018 at 11:10 PM.
    Domestic Short Hair - Miss Becky
    Russian Blue - Church
    Miniature Poodle - Pierre LaPoodlePants
    Banana BP - Yuri Katsuki

13. The Following User Says Thank You to C.Marie For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

With Caesar being that big at age 2 and having dwarf genetics, it makes me wonder if Rainbow is either younger or has dwarf in her. The next few months will tell the tell if she grows quickly or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    With Caesar being that big at age 2 and having dwarf genetics, it makes me wonder if Rainbow is either younger or has dwarf in her. The next few months will tell the tell if she grows quickly or not.
    It is very difficult to know what you have.

Dwarf and Super Dwarf labels are marketing terms. Retics, like some other boas/pythons have locality populations. The more reading and researching I've done, has indicated populations within the mainland inhabitants and islands dwellers to have fairly significant variation.

Unfortunately, locality reticulated python breeding has not taken on the movement or cult following like locality boa constrictor breeding. In Australia, the carpet python folks find pure locality animals important.

You may have a smaller mainland, you may have something else in the genetics. Morphs pretty much change the whole game.

This seems to be a fairly honest look at some locality type animals. Mostly photos.

https://localityretics.wordpress.com

Another bit of info.
    http://reticulatedpython.info/me/pap...ic%20paper.pdf

This video has some interesting info.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjs6v3CDIjc

It doesn't sound like you were given much info about your snake prior to purchase. It is still a beautiful snake and you will enjoy it no matter what.

Growth does slow dramatically once they hit the 2 year mark.
    Last edited by Gio; 04-13-2018 at 10:03 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-13-2018)

Page 51 of 68 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast