Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,887

0 members and 2,887 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: Caesar progression thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Well i had my first crisis with Caesar today. Last night after dinner, he seemed to have somehow gotten his upper lip caught between the rat and his tooth. He bit down right through his upper lip. I gave it the night to correct itself but no way it was going to, It was stuck pretty darn good, I tried using my finger to slide his lip down off his tooth but all i did was catch my fingers on a couple teeth and bleed alittle lol. I then broke the end off a q-tip and used that go up to gum line and then slide his lip down off the tooth. Caesar was pissed and afterwards, he just sat there breathing like he ran a marathon. Then he went in his hide. Thank god i got it but i got a couple nice teeth punctures in my finger from it. They got big teeth. The problems with retics lol. Never had it ever happen with a boa.

Fun is!

Glad both of you are ok!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (02-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

I've had to do that like 4 times with Phyllis... freaking retics lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (02-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Lol yeah first time for me and boy Caesar was not happy with it. He wrapped around me and after i put him back, he gve me stink eye for awhile. Then he went into his warm hide and shoved it around and now is quiet. I tried to calm him down after i did it and put him back and he was shoving my hand away with his body like a champ haha. Guess that combined with the stink eye said it all, he was not happy.

And they got some big sharp teeth. Like i said, at first i tried to just push his lip down to unhook it from the tooth which didnt work. Then i tried to use the tip of my finger and got 2 fingers caught on teeth which are sharp as heck and i was bleeding now lol. So i put Caesar down, got a q-tip and broke the end off and did it that way.

And my god, 4 times!? I am not looking forward to having to do it again. Wonder how it gets worked out in the wild.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (02-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Yeah probably 4 times unhooking a tooth, once to dig a couple broken teeth out, a few other times to get some mulch out of her mouth. We're both used to it now. Harder with a 16lb+ snake though hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (02-13-2018)

Thanks
    Well, Caesar and i were both new to this and we both suffered lol. Me with a couple bloody fingers and Caesar pissed off with me restraining his head. Was his first time with me doing it and like i said, he was pissed. Shoved my hand away a number of times, gave me stank eye, shoved his hide around while inside it. He was a little better after a couple hours. I was able to lift his hide and pet him some but he still shoved my hand away a couple times and wasnt his social greeting self lol. Think he is still a little pissed at me. Should be fine by tomorrow. I would offer him a peace offering of a guinea pig but he just ate the rat last night which caused this whole fiasco haha.

And yeah, a large snake is a handful. Caesar wrapped around me and my leg and kept trying to pull his head free. I had to shove his body back in the cage and let his head go and then he sat there breathing heavy and shoving my hand like a madman as i was petting him to reassure him it was ok. He was having nothing to do with my condolences haha.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 02-13-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Thanks
    I think Caesar outgrew his cage!!

J/K. I crammed him into my extra T8 while i was cleaning his cage. He definitely fills out the T8 lol.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-09-2018),Gio (03-10-2018)

Thanks
    I agree, he’s a big boy and he looks great.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tigerhawk For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (03-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks. He was being a handful today lol. I tried to give him a bath since he was sleeping in his poop and we ended up having a wrestling match in the tub lol. I won though but i gave in a little and didnt bother to dry him or actually scrub him down. I just rubbed my hands all over him and then shoved him in his cage lol. He was all worked up. He took a drink of water and then calmed down and sat by me at an open door lol.

And for those thinking a T8 might work for a retic...it wont!! Caesar barely had room to turn his head when he tried to stand up. He did get pissed though and started pushing in there haha.

He is pretty awesome. He raises my blood pressure a lot and pisses me off a lot but i love the guy.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Thanks. He was being a handful today lol. I tried to give him a bath since he was sleeping in his poop and we ended up having a wrestling match in the tub lol. I won though but i gave in a little and didnt bother to dry him or actually scrub him down. I just rubbed my hands all over him and then shoved him in his cage lol. He was all worked up. He took a drink of water and then calmed down and sat by me at an open door lol.

And for those thinking a T8 might work for a retic...it wont!! Caesar barely had room to turn his head when he tried to stand up. He did get pissed though and started pushing in there haha.

He is pretty awesome. He raises my blood pressure a lot and pisses me off a lot but i love the guy.
    Gotta love personality, right?

He sounds like a lot of fun, but also, like a lot of snake! I will stick with corns, BP's, and BCI's, thank you very much! To each his own though; pretty cool that you really enjoy him Sauzo. As much fun as it would be to have snake with that much personality, I know my limits! To me, Behira, my BCI, has a lot of personality (and even my BP Shayna, but to a lesser extent, and Figment my corn, but he is docile and darty so I might be confusing that with personality). My geckos exhibit some personality too and are easier to read than my snakes, but there emotions only run from shy, to outgoing, to curious. Frank, my Blue Tongue Skink, takes the cake though. He can be content, happy, angry, annoyed, and is very expressive. He shows angry really well and will happily give you the evil eye, or even hiss, but he is all bark.

To me it's hard to imagine a snake showing as much emotion/personality as Frank, for example, but it sounds like Retics run the whole gambit.

Anyway, I guess I will just live vicariously through you retic guys!

Thanks

Gene's doimg ok in his T10. Need a big ass cage soon!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Tina - 0.1 Pastel Ball Python
    Gene - 1.0 Platinum Dwarf Retic

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stearns84 For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (03-11-2018)

Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast