Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,841

1 members and 2,840 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Caesar progression thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerhawk View Post
    He looks great, his colors just seem to glow.
    Yeah he's usually pretty bright. He seems fairly happy most of the time. Think he was extra bright as he never had a guinea pig before and judging by his "MINE!!" grip followed by not even inspecting it like with his rats and instead just gulping it down with gusto, i think he likes them. He's happy and full now lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Yeah he's usually pretty bright. He seems fairly happy most of the time. Think he was extra bright as he never had a guinea pig before and judging by his "MINE!!" grip followed by not even inspecting it like with his rats and instead just gulping it down with gusto, i think he likes them. He's happy and full now lol.
    He loves his new house so much he's glowing!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (07-29-2017)

Thanks

Looking good as always. I've been wanting to try a GP for Levi but the last couple shows I went to they've been sold out

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    1.0 purple retic
    0.1 albino green burm
    2.0 bci
    0.1 coastal carpet
    1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Ball python
    1.0 Western hog

1.0 Alaskan Malamute

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneSilva View Post
    Looking good as always. I've been wanting to try a GP for Levi but the last couple shows I went to they've been sold out

Yeah the gal at the reptile shop about an hour from me has quails, chicks, guinea pigs, rats, mice and african soft furs. She has rabbits too but the smaller ones sell out pretty fast.

I say definitely try it. Caesar LOVED his guinea pig but then again Caesar loves anything except rats, where he will check it out first before eating. Anything else and he doesnt pause lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 07-29-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    I'm really excited to see how Caesar comes out. I think Kris gave him a smaller top end for him than he gave me for Wallace which is a little frightening LOL!

I have my new rollaway cage stand for all of my 4 foot cages. My best buddy built it for me and it's awesome. Rhino Liner black, and high quality casters for easy movement.

I'm tempted to kick Wallace into high gear like Caesar but I honestly want the SD x Dwarf to remain and not see more than a 9-10 foot animal.

If beautiful Caesar tops out there I'll be very confident Wallace will stay in that range.

I was extremely excited when Sauzo snatched up Caesar shortly after I got Wallace and I've always followed JMcrook and Phyllis.

Those are pretty much my retic brothers.

I really miss Cody "Reptile experts" here. There is NO substitute for REAL biology and understanding of the species you keep. Cody was and is an asset to anybody who keeps reticulated pythons no matter what the species or subspecies.

I'd venture to say he was on his way to being a modern day Gus Rentfro in the realm of retics.

Anyhow, back to Caesar, he's being fed a lot, A LOT more than Wallace and it will be interesting to see how much SD x Dwarf percentages play a role no matter what the feeding regime is.

I forget that Caesar has the Tiger Gene as well, and I believe the Albino gene has also been identified with size.

Wallace isn't anything magical. He's Tiger, Anery and some other stuff (purple and snow) and I don't mush care what else.

I want to see where these guys come out.

I guess when it comes down to it, Caesar and Wallace are brothers to me. Phyllis is not related but JmCrook is such a cool guy that I lump him in with the two of us. We all came together around the same time.

I got long winded here and actually forgot my point, but since its a Caesar thread, I think he looks great. I hope he hits 10' and stays at 30-35 pounds.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (07-30-2017),Sauzo (07-30-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I'm really excited to see how Caesar comes out. I think Kris gave him a smaller top end for him than he gave me for Wallace which is a little frightening LOL!

I have my new rollaway cage stand for all of my 4 foot cages. My best buddy built it for me and it's awesome. Rhino Liner black, and high quality casters for easy movement.

I'm tempted to kick Wallace into high gear like Caesar but I honestly want the SD x Dwarf to remain and not see more than a 9-10 foot animal.

If beautiful Caesar tops out there I'll be very confident Wallace will stay in that range.

I was extremely excited when Sauzo snatched up Caesar shortly after I got Wallace and I've always followed JMcrook and Phyllis.

Those are pretty much my retic brothers.

I really miss Cody "Reptile experts" here. There is NO substitute for REAL biology and understanding of the species you keep. Cody was and is an asset to anybody who keeps reticulated pythons no matter what the species or subspecies.

I'd venture to say he was on his way to being a modern day Gus Rentfro in the realm of retics.

Anyhow, back to Caesar, he's being fed a lot, A LOT more than Wallace and it will be interesting to see how much SD x Dwarf percentages play a role no matter what the feeding regime is.

I forget that Caesar has the Tiger Gene as well, and I believe the Albino gene has also been identified with size.

Wallace isn't anything magical. He's Tiger, Anery and some other stuff (purple and snow) and I don't mush care what else.

I want to see where these guys come out.

I guess when it comes down to it, Caesar and Wallace are brothers to me. Phyllis is not related but JmCrook is such a cool guy that I lump him in with the two of us. We all came together around the same time.

I got long winded here and actually forgot my point, but since its a Caesar thread, I think he looks great. I hope he hits 10' and stays at 30-35 pounds.

Thanks and you and me both. I hope Caesar stays 10' too lol.

Not sure what Kris told you Wallace should top out at but Caesar was 7'. He's just about that now. I havent measured him as that would pretty much be impossible haha but when he stretches out on his shelf, i just add what is hanging off or folded back and eyeball it to a side wall of the cage and guesstimate.

Kris might be pretty close as Caesar used to shed like crazy but now, his last shed i believe was at least a couple months ago or at least it feels like it.

He's closing in on 1 year 3 months old and like i said, he doesnt seem to be getting longer. He is definitely filling out though in the body and also in the face. His face is much wider and flatter now where as a baby he had a much narrower and rounder face with big baby eye.

I only feed Caesar like i do because he kind of dictates it. Like i said, i tried to go 2 weeks without food and it was a mistake. He chewed up half the front of his face some and has about 3-4 scrapes on the bottom of his chin. He also managed to hurt a couple of his belly scales I'm guessing from trying to wedge himself to get leverage to push with his face. Overall it was a very failed experiment. That's why he seems to need to eat every 7-10 days. Funny part is he doesnt get all sketchy when hungry like he is going to attack. He keeps the same personality and cruises to the front and sits there on the litter dam while i pet him. He is really a well behaved snake other than the pushing when hungry.

And yeah Caesar is albino, tiger het snow so means anery too. Not like i plan to breed him anyways.

You should post a pic of your stand. I'd like to see it. If i had my cages on a solid floor, i probably would have seen what AP could have done with putting their casters on their 8" stands. But the snake room is carpeted so rolling cage stacks across the carpet would probably end with a tipping lol.

And too bad Cody didnt get into Heloderma aka Gila and Beaded Lizards. I've always wanted one and I'm trying to research as much as i can about them as I'm hoping to find some late hatchlings or juveniles around September or just wait until November or so for the next batch to start being put up for sale.

Personally if Wallace is happy with his feeding schedule, i would keep it like that. Kris told me Caesar LOVED to eat when he sent him to me and he wasnt kidding. He eats anything anytime, even in shed. I imagine him as 'that' guy who would be eating a cheeseburger while on on the can and i bet Caesar would eat while pooping if i timed offering him food at the right moment lol.

If Caesar gets a little bigger, I'm not too worried as like i said, he is a very well mannered snake which is surprising for how willing and happy he is to eat. If he doesnt smell food, i guess it doesnt kick in his drive but once he smells food, like the boas, all trust goes out the window lol. My only problem with getting bigger is I'm not sure a 6x3 is enough for a 10-12' snake. I would have to get a 8x3 which wouldnt fit very well in the room without rearranging the computer and everything else. Here's another pic of Caesar enjoying himself with his door left half open as Vicky, Rosey and Caesar all love a door left open so they can hang out or rest their head on the litter dam lol. Looks like he has a smile on his face haha.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gio (07-30-2017),jmcrook (07-30-2017),ShaneSilva (07-30-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Yeah the gal at the reptile shop about an hour from me has quails, chicks, guinea pigs, rats, mice and african soft furs. She has rabbits too but the smaller ones sell out pretty fast.

I say definitely try it. Caesar LOVED his guinea pig but then again Caesar loves anything except rats, where he will check it out first before eating. Anything else and he doesnt pause lol.
    Levi has been starting to care less for rats. He used to be an eating machine as well but doesn't seem to get too excited over rats anymore. Still eats them but not the way he used to lol. One of the local pet shop here has rabbits, guinea pigs, etc. But feeders from pet shops are so expensive but buying one or two there just to try it out won't hurt. I'm pretty excited to finish all the rats in my freezer to order a cooler of rabbits and piglets from monster feeders.

1.0 purple retic
    0.1 albino green burm
    2.0 bci
    0.1 coastal carpet
    1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Ball python
    1.0 Western hog

1.0 Alaskan Malamute

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ShaneSilva For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (07-30-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneSilva View Post
    Levi has been starting to care less for rats. He used to be an eating machine as well but doesn't seem to get too excited over rats anymore. Still eats them but not the way he used to lol. One of the local pet shop here has rabbits, guinea pigs, etc. But feeders from pet shops are so expensive but buying one or two there just to try it out won't hurt. I'm pretty excited to finish all the rats in my freezer to order a cooler of rabbits and piglets from monster feeders.

Lol tell me about it. I go through at least $100 a month for food for everyone. Try keeping a beardie happy with hornworms. I spend about $16 per 20 hornworms and Harley can down 20 in 2 days at most if i let her. She puts the snakes to shame about eating haha. Also if anyone tells you beardies are easy to care for, they are lying. They take a lot of work but they are very interactive. More so than any snake lol.

Thanks
    Havent posted a pic of Caesar in awhile. So since I'm recovering from a cold in summer( yeah I know), figured I'd snap a quick pic of Caesar sleeping up on his shelf today.

I cant believe how fast he digests food. I fed him a guinea pig on Friday and he took a huge poop last night which he made very apparent by beating on the front door of the cage until I opened the door, pet him and cleaned it. He just sat at the open door under my arm while I scooped out everything and then F10SC the spot. He is such a 'needy' snake lol. And I think he getting ready to shed as his head is starting to get wrinkly behind the neck. He needs to stop growing as I don't really have a spot for a T65 haha.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-22-2017),Stearns84 (08-22-2017)

Thanks
    Got a few more of him as he seemed pretty relaxed and lazy up top there lol.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

DLena (08-24-2017),jmcrook (08-22-2017)

Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast