Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,348

0 members and 1,348 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Caesar progression thread.

Lol same with Caesar.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 04-23-2017 at 12:46 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Ok so i just took this pic of Caesar. He ate a large rat and small rat yesterday. There is barely a lump in him. But the real reason for the pic is wondering what you guys think about his size? From the back of the cage where he is bent is the end of the cage. So he's pretty much doubled that so 4' there. Then where his snoot is the middle of the cage so if you straightened him out there and moved him into the corner more, I'm going to guess that is just over 2' there. So adding all that up, I'm going to guess Caesar is pushing just over 6'. Sound about right to you guys?

Also if you look at where the gauge is, that is the large rat and small rat. Doesnt really look much thicker than the rest of him does it? I think the mainland in him is strong. Like i said, he ate that large rat like it was a tic tac breath mint

And when he ate yesterday, he shot out of his cage and grabbed the rat and almost fell out of the cage. So i grabbed him and pushed him back in his cage. Well i guess he thought he was going to fall so he wrapped my arm with his tail. I got a little worried and unwrapped him and shoved him in the cage. Well it was almost like he was 'sad' i did that as he let go of his rat and just sulked there lol. I felt bad. He didnt want to eat and just looked depressed haha. Well he finally slowly ate his rat. He was so happy at the beginning when he was offered it, then when i uncoiled his tail off my arm and shoved him in the cage, its like he got depressed. i mean i know snakes dont have those feelings like that but I'm saying looking at it from humans point of view, thats the best way i can describe it. never seen Caesar do that before. He's happy again though now.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

BR8080 (04-24-2017),Stearns84 (04-23-2017)

Thanks

Tina my ball python is dumb, she is scared of her own shadow, but she is great. But not much of a personality. I agree everyone says snakes don't have feelings, but I sometimes think Gene does. He has a personality, if I put my hand down towards my knee when I'm sta ding near him, hell start to reach up (that's how I get most of his weird photos). His body language is so different everyday. He'll just sit and watch for hours like this with his head out. Once I bump him with paper towel roll, I can reach for hi. Or rub his head while he just sits. So I think retics might be the exception.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Tina - 0.1 Pastel Ball Python
    Gene - 1.0 Platinum Dwarf Retic

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stearns84 For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (04-24-2017)

Thanks
    My boas all have personality too. Vicky is kind of a do it herself gal lol. Rosey seems to like attention. Gina is pretty new but seems to have the same personality Rosey has. Rango is very inquisitive and checks stuff out when you open the cage. Luna always pokes her head out of her hide when i open her cage and seems to like to sit on me while i watch tv. Caesar seems to like to interact with me but isnt a huge fan of being dragged around like Rosey and so far Gina are. And Dottie, i almost never see her unless it's night time. Then she will switch hides or hang half out of one hide.

And i agree, i think snakes do have personalities.

Oh and i forgot the most important part about the Caesar dinner incident. After he grabbed the rat and then almost fell out of the cage and i grabbed him and he wrapped my arm with his tail and i unwrapped him and pushed him into his cage, he let go of the rat and sulked. he sat there for like 10 mins. Finally i got my long tongs and grabbed the large rat. He didnt even care. I then dangled at his face again and he didnt eat it at first. He just flicked his tongue at it and then laid down like when i boop his snoot with a paper towel. it's almost like a submissive act. I then kind of laid the rat in front of his snoot and wiggled it some. He then calmly took it and ate it. Then about 30 mins later i offered him Dottie's small rat and when i opened the door, he was front and center again and he slammed that little rat like a fat kid going for a snickers bar. Just so weird that he went gung ho for that large rat but the minute i uncoiled him off my wrist and shoved him in the cage, it was like he thought he did something wrong and didnt want to eat and just laid there in front of me with his head down on the floor. it was like when a puppy pisses on the floor and knows he did something bad. And no I'm not one of those crazy people who sleeps with his snakes and showers with them and thinks they want to go for a dinner and a movie but it was weird as I've never seen Caesar react like that. He has always been KILL THE DINNER!!.

And i think the 2nd T25 is going to go Caesar. The first one will go to Rosey for sure. Vicky will just have to wait a couple months lol. I couldn't afford to drop almost $2k at once. Dropping about $1400 for the 2 T25s and stand caused my card to scream in agony as it was lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 04-24-2017 at 06:24 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (04-24-2017)

Thanks
    Well i think i have my problems figured out...for now lol. I put my Herpstat 2 Redline and Herpstat 1 Redline up for sale as well as my Pro-Line cage. Sold my other Herpstat 2 and Herpstat 1 and now am going to just order 3 AP T25s so no one will have to wait for the upgrade. This will leave me with 2 T8s vacant which maybe i can fill later this year with my Pucallpa Peruvian and a sharp snow bci Here's to dreamin eh.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 04-26-2017 at 09:26 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (04-26-2017)

Thanks

Hey sauzo will you ship the herpstat? It'd be the perfect gift for my sister

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Well i think i have my problems figured out...for now lol. I put my Herpstat 2 Redline and Herpstat 1 Redline up for sale as well as my Pro-Line cage. Sold my other Herpstat 2 and Herpstat 1 and now am going to just order 3 AP T25s so no one will have to wait for the upgrade. This will leave me with 2 T8s vacant which maybe i can fill later this year with my Pucallpa Peruvian and a sharp snow bci Here's to dreamin eh.
    Last edited by ShaneSilva; 04-27-2017 at 09:03 AM.
    1.0 purple retic
    0.1 albino green burm
    2.0 bci
    0.1 coastal carpet
    1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Ball python
    1.0 Western hog

1.0 Alaskan Malamute

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneSilva View Post
    Hey sauzo will you ship the herpstat? It'd be the perfect gift for my sister
    Sorry man. I don't want to deal with the shipping thing. Much easier to just meet someone with cash in hand and do the trade.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

ShaneSilva (04-28-2017)

Thanks
    Alright, Caesar shed last night and so i took a few pics of him. Was tired from mowing the lawn so they didnt come out the best but I'll get more And he is going to be a big boy. Good thing he is mellow.These pics are all without any flash too. He was fired up and glowing lemon yellow.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Artemisace (05-09-2017),BR8080 (05-04-2017),CALM Pythons (05-04-2017),jmcrook (05-03-2017)

Thanks
    He's looking good man. And getting thick!
    1.0 purple retic
    0.1 albino green burm
    2.0 bci
    0.1 coastal carpet
    1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Ball python
    1.0 Western hog

1.0 Alaskan Malamute

Thanks
    Thanks. Yeah he isnt putting on too much length at the moment thank god. He's easily 6'+. He really wasnt that social today though. After i put him back, he just looked at me a little bit and then went in his cool hide lol. I tapped on the bottom of his cage on the track with the tip of my finger which usually will get him to pop out but instead he just poked his head out, looked at me, flicked his tongue and then backed into the hide again. Guess he wants alone time.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (05-03-2017)

Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast