Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,367

4 members and 3,363 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Caesar progression thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Matt is a nice guy. I've been down to visit him as he's about 2 hours away from me. I've hear mixed reviews on his business, and I was very happy he was accommodating to me when I came down with my kids. I toured the cage plant and his retic facility. He's had a few big hardships as of late. He lost a young daughter to SIDS within the last year, and is getting married or did recently.

I'm still looking at buying a cage from him but it will require another visit.

Caesar looks great in those pictures as always.

Wallace may be in shed, but I may give him a quick meal tonight.

I'm still going to weigh my larges for you Sauzo.
    Haha nice. Caesar seems to eat probably around 200-240g larges. They kind of vary. He's in shed too so he isn't too food driven right now. I did take him out to clean his cage after he soaked his paper towels with a huge piss. He just sat on me lol.

As for Monster feeders, I would be interested in their piglets as something like a 0.5lb piglet I bet would do Caesar wonders as that's a much more packed dinner so he could probably go a couple weeks on one but I didn't notice the minimum order of 50lbs lol. I don't need 50 lbs of piglets. The only other snake I got that could eat something like that would be Rosey and I haven't researched the fat content on them so I'm not sure how good they are for boas.

And I'm sure Wallace will eat in shed. I fed Caesar when he was in deep blue a medium rat that Dottie didn't want. Caesar missed it 2 times though lol. He finally just sat there and I put the rat up to his lips and he latched on and swallowed it haha.

And man, that poor guy, losing a kid would be very hard. I couldn't even imagine it and still try and run a business. On the plus side, he got married so that can bring some happiness back. Good luck to him.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Haha nice. Caesar seems to eat probably around 200-240g larges. They kind of vary. He's in shed too so he isn't too food driven right now. I did take him out to clean his cage after he soaked his paper towels with a huge piss. He just sat on me lol.

As for Monster feeders, I would be interested in their piglets as something like a 0.5lb piglet I bet would do Caesar wonders as that's a much more packed dinner so he could probably go a couple weeks on one but I didn't notice the minimum order of 50lbs lol. I don't need 50 lbs of piglets. The only other snake I got that could eat something like that would be Rosey and I haven't researched the fat content on them so I'm not sure how good they are for boas.

And I'm sure Wallace will eat in shed. I fed Caesar when he was in deep blue a medium rat that Dottie didn't want. Caesar missed it 2 times though lol. He finally just sat there and I put the rat up to his lips and he latched on and swallowed it haha.

And man, that poor guy, losing a kid would be very hard. I couldn't even imagine it and still try and run a business. On the plus side, he got married so that can bring some happiness back. Good luck to him.
    Hola,

NO pigs for boas, they are Too fatty. Wallace refused LOL! Guess Caesar has a lot more food drive. I'm not upset, just a tad surprised.

Matt has had a few rough goes in the last few years. Bad divorce, the child, and some other stuff, but he is a really nice guy.

I have not done any business with him so I can't comment on that.

I checked with AP and I'd be looking at over $700 for the cage I want.

I'm leaning toward Monster again.

Keep the Caesar stuff coming.

Thanks

Hola,

NO pigs for boas, they are Too fatty. Wallace refused LOL! Guess Caesar has a lot more food drive. I'm not upset, just a tad surprised.

Matt has had a few rough goes in the last few years. Bad divorce, the child, and some other stuff, but he is a really nice guy.

I have not done any business with him so I can't comment on that.

I checked with AP and I'd be looking at over $700 for the cage I want.

I'm leaning toward Monster again.

Keep the Caesar stuff coming.
    Well good to know about the boas.

I'm surprised Wallace refused but not worried. Seems Caesar and Phyllis are the pigs and Wallace and Riverrun are the figure watchers lol.

As for the price of the AP cage. Yeah for a T25 with sliding glass doors, shelf, lock, flexwatt and LED lights, I'm looking at $770 with shipping. I'd check out Monster Cages since you live close to them. I live kind of close to Ed but like I said, I'm not a huge fan of Pro-Line cages personally. There is another guy in my area who builds to order PVC cages and stacks but his prices are about the same as AP so for me, I'll just go with AP since I got 3 already and I want them all to match

And I'll throw some pics of Caesar whenever his butt decides to shed. He did leave a brutal piss last night or this morning. I knew it was coming as when I took him out last night, he had serious sausage butt and I knew the cork was going to explode in a day or two lol. Well it did. Was a huge pile of urate and the liquid soaked like 2' of paper towels haha.

Thanks
    Well I ran outta ReptiChips so needed something and ended up picking up Eco Earth from my local pet shop. Giving it another try lol. I like the ReptiChips but I have found a few flaws in it. The size is a double edged sword. I have no idea how you guys find retic piss in it when there is no urate. The other downside is for my boas, they have a habit of burying their tails in the stuff and taking a piss. So I have to dig around in it to find boa piss and if you have ever stuck a finger in semi cold pile of urate...not fun. So I forgot how soft Eco Earth is. And this batch I mixed up good so its just damp. Now hopefully it doesn't grow mold on the bottom of it. Figure I'll turn it every couple days. So far everyone seems to like it.

If I remember right, spotting piss on it was cake as it just darkens up when its soaked. Maybe if I like the stuff, I'll pick up one of those little plastic shovel and pail for little kids at the beach and use it as a pooper scooper and bucket lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 02-21-2017 at 11:31 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (02-22-2017)

Thanks
    There is something I really like about morphs.
    This is what it is; You can have similar looking colors and patterns but completely different species. Because of that, you can see differences and similarities in different types of snakes beyond just coloring and pattern.

Sauzo, I'd love to see your boa with the same, or at least similar coloring to Caesar. Maybe a photo comparison?

I think it would be interesting comparing the species by body shape and head shape without such huge differences in color an pattern.

I've seen some really cool patternless boas that remind me of olive pythons to a certain extent.

If you get a chance post up some of those shots!

Thanks

There is something I really like about morphs.
    This is what it is; You can have similar looking colors and patterns but completely different species. Because of that, you can see differences and similarities in different types of snakes beyond just coloring and pattern.

Sauzo, I'd love to see your boa with the same, or at least similar coloring to Caesar. Maybe a photo comparison?

I think it would be interesting comparing the species by body shape and head shape without such huge differences in color an pattern.

I've seen some really cool patternless boas that remind me of olive pythons to a certain extent.

If you get a chance post up some of those shots!
    Well, pretty much all my snakes are different looking/patterned so can't really do a comparison per say. I mean the only ones kind of close would be Vicky and Caesar.

And then Vicky

So I don't know if this is what you mean by comparison. But here's some of my older pics of Vicky and Caesar.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gio (02-23-2017)

Thanks
    And Caesar shed so figure I'd throw up a couple new ones of him. Sorry about the flash washing out Caesar's head but it was lights out and Caesar was looking rather hungry so I didn't feel like messing with him lol. Think his porky little butt is needing another large rat soon.

Last edited by Sauzo; 02-23-2017 at 03:10 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (01-02-2018),jmcrook (02-23-2017),mihwaron (02-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Man that is a good looking critter you've got there, no bout a doubt it. Love how retics only seem to get better with age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Perfect just what I was thinking.

Thanks
    Well Caesar shed a few days ago but didn't get around to getting a pic. Here's one when I got him out for some play time. Trying to keep up with them is like trying to keep up with a kid after trick or treating on Halloween lol. He didn't want to sit still so I gave up after getting 1 pic and a bad of him investigating the camera lol.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (01-02-2018),jbzapanda (02-26-2017),jmcrook (02-26-2017),Reinz (02-26-2017),Stearns84 (02-26-2017),tttaylorrr (02-26-2017)

Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast