Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,957

2 members and 2,955 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Caesar progression thread.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Marie View Post
    Oh I saw a Albino Golden Child that was just fabulous from Bob Clark cows are awesome too but still pretty pricey but I love how they get the paradox marks every where so adorable
    Yeah cows are awesome but too rich for my blood right now. I've thought about a pied male but i really dont want something over 10 ft. Now if they made SD pieds....
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (01-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Bring it on Caesar!! Show me what you got in the piss dept!! I am ready. Found a place that sells my old aspen again. Got 3 7.5 cu ft bales for $14.97 with free Thanksgiving shipping. Cant beat that price.
    I think I found the same place to order that aspen from, and I'm considering doing it after having found that safety pin in my pro coco. How's your humidity with that stuff? Have to mist very often? Does it stick like crazy to wet feeders? I haven't used aspen since I was young and that was with corn snakes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (12-09-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    I think I found the same place to order that aspen from, and I'm considering doing it after having found that safety pin in my pro coco. How's your humidity with that stuff? Have to mist very often? Does it stick like crazy to wet feeders? I haven't used aspen since I was young and that was with corn snakes.
    Mills Fleet Farm?

Humidity is around 65-70%. None of my boas or retic seem to like much over 70%. If it gets too high, they start pushing and trying to get out like crazy.

Winter time if the heater is on a lot, i usually mist it 2-3 times a week but i dont get the aspen as wet as it probably could be. I tend to just spray the shelves and walls of the cage, hides and aspen some. Basically i just create like a rain in the cage, not a focused soaking of the aspen.

I would imagine it would stick to wet feeders. i always dry the snakes' food off with a paper towel and usually try and feed them on a piece of cardboard as i ran out of printer paper and havent bought any yet. Not too worried about the big snakes as Caesar and Rosey tend to drag their food off anyways lol. It's pretty small pieces as it's shredded aspen so if the bigger snakes swallow a few pieces, their stomach acids break it down.

Overall i like it a lot better. The only downside is it wont hold humidity as well as coco stuff but whatever, i've had them on it for years and they eat, poop and do snake things plus most of all, they seem to enjoy the stuff a lot more and spend more time out and about at night digging and playing around.

And i can say i have never found any rusty safety pins in it. i have found some bigger chunks in it though but nothing foreign like twine, plastic or like i mentioned the rusty safety pin.

Order a bale of it and try it. It's only like $4.99 plus like $7 shipping. See how it works for you and how the snakes like it. Gina and Louie were terrified of ReptiChips when i first used it on them. They would sit on hides and shelves and treat it like hot lava lol. They love their aspen though and took to it like fish in water.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 12-09-2017 at 08:25 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (12-09-2017)

Thanks

Mills Fleet Farm?

Humidity is around 65-70%. None of my boas or retic seem to like much over 70%. If it gets too high, they start pushing and trying to get out like crazy.

Winter time if the heater is on a lot, i usually mist it 2-3 times a week but i dont get the aspen as wet as it probably could be. I tend to just spray the shelves and walls of the cage, hides and aspen some. Basically i just create like a rain in the cage, not a focused soaking of the aspen.

I would imagine it would stick to wet feeders. i always dry the snakes' food off with a paper towel and usually try and feed them on a piece of cardboard as i ran out of printer paper and havent bought any yet. Not too worried about the big snakes as Caesar and Rosey tend to drag their food off anyways lol. It's pretty small pieces as it's shredded aspen so if the bigger snakes swallow a few pieces, their stomach acids break it down.

Overall i like it a lot better. The only downside is it wont hold humidity as well as coco stuff but whatever, i've had them on it for years and they eat, poop and do snake things plus most of all, they seem to enjoy the stuff a lot more and spend more time out and about at night digging and playing around.

And i can say i have never found any rusty safety pins in it. i have found some bigger chunks in it though but nothing foreign like twine, plastic or like i mentioned the rusty safety pin.

Order a bale of it and try it. It's only like $4.99 plus like $7 shipping. See how it works for you and how the snakes like it. Gina and Louie were terrified of ReptiChips when i first used it on them. They would sit on hides and shelves and treat it like hot lava lol. They love their aspen though and took to it like fish in water.
    Yep! Just ordered a bag to try out. Also got two jumbo RBI hides for $18.99 each from reptilesupplyco.com. Not bad. $5 cheaper per hide than the RBI website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    The company that makes those shavings have a location in Yakima, WA. You could call and find out if some feedstores in the area sell it to horse owners..
    Would save you on shipping
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Yep! Just ordered a bag to try out. Also got two jumbo RBI hides for $18.99 each from reptilesupplyco.com. Not bad. $5 cheaper per hide than the RBI website

Nice. Are they the same hides though? I mean the offset door and stuff? If so, thats a good deal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    The company that makes those shavings have a location in Yakima, WA. You could call and find out if some feedstores in the area sell it to horse owners..
    Would save you on shipping
    Yeah thats where Bean Farm used to get their supply from but Doug had to drive all the way to Yakima with a trailer and fill it up and then drive back. It just got to be more work than it was worth which is why Bean Farm quit selling it.

I honestly cant complain as Mills sells it for $4.99 a bale and only $7 shipping. Plus it's easy as they just ship it to my door and it's actually packaged really well in a big cardboard box so it doesnt get wet which is what i was originally worried about.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

zina10 (12-10-2017)

Thanks

Nice. Are they the same hides though? I mean the offset door and stuff? If so, thats a good deal.
    Yep, looks to be the exact same hides.

Thanks
    And Caesar is no longer antisocial so I guess he should be shedding in a few days lol. He was out saying 'hi' to me earlier and now he is sleeping up on the shelf. He is such a good boy...until he pushes lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 12-13-2017 at 03:04 AM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (12-13-2017),Godzilla78 (12-13-2017),jmcrook (12-13-2017)

Thanks
    Well this is a first. Caesar never ceases to amaze me. I knew he was going into shed but figured i had a few days so i picked dinner up for everyone. Well Caesar came flying out of his hide when he smelled dinner with half his head shed lol. He wasnt about to pass up dinner simply because of a shed. Guess he decided he could take a break and grab a quick snack. I've had snakes eat in blue but never one pause in the middle of a shed to grab dinner lol.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (01-08-2018),Dxw425 (12-14-2017),dylan815 (12-14-2017),Prognathodon (12-15-2017),Stearns84 (12-15-2017)

Page 45 of 68 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast