Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 896

2 members and 894 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

I think she's ready to pop

I think my little borneo is almost ready to pop. She's still holding her poop after 3 months and eating a 20g rat pup each week. I'm sure she's still in that stage of normal for a short tail to hold it that long, but it still gets a bit worrisome when you can feel a couple of urates and their lower third looks like a balloon when looked at them the underside. Which her belly does have a pink hue where she's holding everything. She is starting to get a bit of discoloration to her belly scales and the scales around her vent. Which could be part of the reason for the pink belly. I think it's from her never leaving the moss tub that I keep damp. So I removed it to see if it'll help clear that up.

So just to help ease my mind. Should I keep feeding her weekly like I have been or should I lay off of the feeding for a bit until she decides to pass her waste that's making her look like a little balloon. I have soaked her a couple time to see how she takes it. She does not like the water at all, she's fine until her head goes under then she wants out immediately.

But enough talking, here's a couple of pics of her. One of her belly, the other of her. Can't have a post about her without a picture. I can take some more pictures this evening if anyone needs to see more.

Any opinions and advice appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: I think she's ready to pop

She finally popped!! Even knowing how long it can take it still got stressful after that 2 month mark and feeling those big urates. Heck the largest urate was the size of the tip section of my index finger. Comparing the pics I think her waste was half the size of her. I'm so proud of my little chunks first poop wth me I've gotta show it. If it's inappropriate please delete it, but I've gotta show it off for her. I put one of those little humidity dials for size reference

Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: I think she's ready to pop

Poor Baby. She must feel 100 times better. When we first got our Blood, she didn't "pop" for 4 months. She hasn't done that for a while, though. The longest she will go now is 2 months max. I know you feel 100 times better, too, right?
    0.1 Carpondro - Kaiya (RIP)
    0.1 Blood Python - CoCo
    0.1 Banana Pastel YB - Piper
    0.1 Lesser Platinum - Harlow
    0.1 Vanilla Scream - Nikita
    1.0 Queen Spin - Moto
    1.0 Piebald - Sprocket
    1.0 Fire Clown - Diesel
    0.1 Blade Clown - Suki
    1.0 Fire Sugar - Kaji
    1.0 GHI Het DG - Enzo
    0.1 Highway - Vega
    0.1 Super OD Fire Spider - Mina
    1.0 Butter - Butter Bean (Bean, Li'l Bean, Beanie)
    0.1 Enchi - Lexi
    1.0 FL Yellow Rat Snake - SenSei