Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 830

1 members and 829 guests
Gio,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Registered User mom_of_bananachip's Avatar
    Thanks

Traveling between states....

Hi:

I'm a reptile hobbyist living in NYS, and I'm also a science teacher in NYS.

I do some professional development in New Jersey with some teachers. One idea was that I can bring in some of my reptiles for show to middle school classrooms in their ecology and animal units. Its strictly for show and tell, no experimentation.

I assume that I would need a permit?

I will contact NJDEP this week, but wondered if anyone here can give me some insider info.

A
    “Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.” ― Alfred A. Montapert

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I have never heard of not being able to cross state lines being a problem with a pet no matter what it is, as long as the pet is legal to keep in that state. I know that the burmese python is no longer allowed in NY, because i live in NY, on long island. I check the banned snake list each year to see which snakes or reptiles are there. If you check the banned list for NJ there should be a list as well. If you are bringing a banned reptile, the school you are bringing it to should get the permit from the proper office. I believe the state DEC is that place or local animal control. i would check their banned animal list first, you might be fine. No state is as bad as NY.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blue roses For This Useful Post:

mom_of_bananachip (10-24-2016)

Thanks
    You can't move burms across state lines anymore, period. Can't buy, sell, or transport. They are low-key hoping they die out gradually in each state, which they will eventually. You can only inbreed so much before the offspring become infertile. That is semi irrelevant here but figured I'd poke it anyway, lol.
    -------
    0.1 Spider BP, "Sassy"
    0.1 ETB, "Ysera"
    1.0 GTP, "Craig"