Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,085

4 members and 3,081 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

I would love to get a bearded dragon and i need all the info i can get

How big do they get?
    How much do they cost?
    What kind of set up would i need?
    Are they any different then other lizards care? ( I have had anoles ( still have 1) and i have had an iguana many years ago)
    Are they as fast as an iguana?
    Just a few questions
    ~LadyBones~

Thanks

Re: I would love to get a bearded dragon and i need all the info i can get

For basic info, please see our caresheet at :

http://ball-pythons.net/modules.php?...warticle&id=23

Bearded dragons require alot more crickets than most realize until they get thier dragon home... babies can eat easily, around 100 small crix a day or more. Plus they NEED vitamin and CALCIUM supplimentation weekly. They are mostly insectivors when young, but should be introduced to greens that are appropriate, meaning, no lettuce, lettuce has no nutricional value at all. Misting them daily is very important so they do not get dehydrated also. They do seem to have more personality than most lizards, and deal very well with being handled and toted around on your shirt or shoulder most of the time. They can be fast, when they want to. Especially as babies, they can be kinda flighty depending on how well its breeder socialized it. And even then, I have seen a few that are flighty no matter what till they grow out of it. Baby dragons are fragile, if they jump and land wrong, they could break a leg, however, when they are older, they are hardy lizards. If you want one, I suggest finding a juvie, something older, around 3 months old and up for your first beardie. Beardie prices range from as low as $25 for normals and as high as $5000 for some morphs of high color/genetics. Average price for a nice baby from a breeder- not a pet shop, is around $100 plus shipping, and thats with some color even.The shows you do well to find juvies also, we go to the Ohio Reptile Show just about monthly, not neccessarily to buy, but to get supplies and have a look around. You have to decide how much you want to spend on one first, and what you like and feel you can afford. It can be expensive intially to set yourself up with one dragon and all it needs, but the cost is not too bad once set up, just a matter of maitanence, changing bulbs every 6 months for flourescent type bulbs, basking bulbs, bedding, etc.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"