Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,000

1 members and 2,999 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran Slowcountry Balls's Avatar
    Thanks

Hurricane Matthew

Well, we were supposed to be at Savannah Reptiday today. Instead, Thursday night my wife, daughter, English Mastiff, and the snakes drove up to Columbia, SC where we have been staying with my brother and his family. Just thought I would snap a picture of the entire collection in Sterilite containers in my niece's room. Hopefully we'll be able to go home soon. We have heard that the damage wasn't too bad in our neighborhood, but some of the other areas of Bluffton got hit pretty hard.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slowcountry Balls For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (10-08-2016),Alicia (10-09-2016),Fraido (10-09-2016),nightwolfsnow (11-21-2016),PitOnTheProwl (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 995 Posts
    Good luck! Hope everything is okay at home!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to piedlover79 For This Useful Post:

Slowcountry Balls (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Re: Hurricane Matthew

Wow! Thank goodness you had a place to go to stay safe. I hope all is well when you get back home. I have family in SC as well. Checked in with them and they are ok.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

Slowcountry Balls (10-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I hope all is well.

I work in St Augustine and have family who live in St Augustine on the Intercoastal waterway. They bugged out to a hotel. Since I'm a bit further inland(about 60 miles off the coast) I stayed put. They had pretty much all their cedar trees down and one of them had a tree fall on their garage and house, crushing two cars in the process. Water came up to the foundations but not INTO the houses though. Lots of clean up. One of the bridges I normally use coming home from work is shut down due to damage. Lots of friends still have no power. I got off easy. I have to replace a water heater and the flooring under it with some framing. I also had a limb knock my back door open during the height of the storm.

I hope you have no damage and can get back home quickly.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (10-09-2016),Alicia (10-09-2016),Slowcountry Balls (10-09-2016)

BPnet Veteran Slowcountry Balls's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hurricane Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by piedlover79 View Post
    Good luck! Hope everything is okay at home!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Clark View Post
    Wow! Thank goodness you had a place to go to stay safe. I hope all is well when you get back home. I have family in SC as well. Checked in with them and they are ok.
    Thanks and glad that your family is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    I hope all is well.

I work in St Augustine and have family who live in St Augustine on the Intercoastal waterway. They bugged out to a hotel. Since I'm a bit further inland(about 60 miles off the coast) I stayed put. They had pretty much all their cedar trees down and one of them had a tree fall on their garage and house, crushing two cars in the process. Water came up to the foundations but not INTO the houses though. Lots of clean up. One of the bridges I normally use coming home from work is shut down due to damage. Lots of friends still have no power. I got off easy. I have to replace a water heater and the flooring under it with some framing. I also had a limb knock my back door open during the height of the storm.

I hope you have no damage and can get back home quickly.
    Bummer about the trees on the garage/cars and house. Hopefully they'll get everything fixed quickly. Good luck finding a water heater that will work for you, you might consider the tankless, point of use water heaters. Glad you and your family are safe. I hope so too. It has been nice to visit with my brother and his family, but I would like to get the snakes back into their tubs on heat and just be back in our house.