Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,674

17 members and 1,657 guests
Most users ever online was 5,577, 11-08-2019 at 08:53 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 66,157
Threads: 240,927
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Fruitbuffalo
    Thanks

My BP thinks he is one of the dogs

Just thought I'd put these pictures up here. Took my BP out and let him roam around the room while I fully cleaned his enclosure. He lives in the same room that we keep our dog crates and our cat's tree house. While I'm cleaning his enclosure I look back to see what he's up to and he was having "fun" climbing through the dogs cages, wrapping himself all around the wire. I was hoping he would find the cat tree house and play on it but he didn't. Sorry for the poor image quality, only had my phone

FYI to the MODS: I made a no-no and first posted this with an apostrophe in the title, so whenever the issue gets fixed there will be a duplicate post

2. The Following User Says Thank You to noodlestsc For This Useful Post:

AlyssaLu (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,646 Times in 994 Posts
    Be very careful snakes can and will slide through metal and get stuck. I've heard of ball pythons trapped in key rings, metal grates, injured in three ring binders. Never leave a snake unattended on the floor he could very quickly get lost or in trouble. They may not look it but they can move fast and will tend towards finding a place to hide to keep from being exposed.
    Last edited by piedlover79; 09-30-2016 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks for the good tip. He was safe.

Now talking about snakes squeezing into things, I'm not sure what made him think he could squeeze through that eye socket. But he did, although since I happened to have his enclosure open when he did this I helped him gently just as a precaution.

Thanks
    He was safe that time but it is bad practice to leave a snake free and unsupervised in a room. I would not leave that in there either, it's exactly what I'm talking about. They will often try to squeeze into places too tight. Even if he fits now he will quickly grow to a size where getting stuck will be a serious danger.

Thanks

Re: My BP thinks he is one of the dogs

Understand what you're saying but where does it say I left him unsupervised? It's a 9'x8' room only things in it are the dog crates, a cat tree and his enclosure. And the door to the room was closed. The dog crates are within 18" of where I was standing cleaning his tank. I looked at him almost every 10 seconds because for a while he was winding around my feet.

So again definitely thank you for the good advice because good tips should always be shared, but he was safe.

Skull isn't in the tank anymore, I took it out the day I saw him do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I just read 'I looked back to see what he was up to' and that sounds unsupervised.

Glad the decor is out.