Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,936

2 members and 2,934 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Red face I Love My New Baby!!!!!

Ok Pandora is doing so much better now. YAYYYY!!! Shes getting so big, and shes so happy now. She is not acting anything like the WC Pythons I have read about, she loves to have her head rubbed and loves for me to rub the top of her mouth. She still has the eye cap and I have no idea how to help her with it...I think it might be tryin to come off now that its gettin a blue tint. I thought she had finished her shead that she had when i first got her, but I was wrong!!! she started getting really dry feeling and had some clear scales comming off in the tank and on me when i was holding her. I put the home made humidifer back in that i learnt about on here and the dead skin is rolling back(please let this help with the eye cap) She is so calm and loving. she will take her head and put it on my jaw bone and press against me for a few min with out moving or anything just puttin pressure on my jaw. My 5 year old says hey she loves you momma look at her hugging you. She is so calm that I can put her over my kids sholders and she will not tighten up on them she will just dangle the way i put her no matter how long they have her. I love my new baby!!! I do have one more ? tho. Is there a way i can make sure that its a female with out taking her to the vet to be probed? Im a single mom of 2 boys and my cash flow wont let me just up and have her probed. but if her cap dont come off in the next week im just goin to be broke because i dont want that to stay on her eye

Thanks

Re: I Love My New Baby!!!!!

ohh yea i got 2 pics up on the site somewhere.not real sure where they went. but i have a few more better ones that a friend took for me with his cam. shes not shy about eating. there was me, my friend, his son and my 2 boys standing around the tank and she had no problems eating(by the way shes eating 1 med. size mouse every 4days since i got her and shes growning FAST, is this good for her or do i need to back her down to once a week and feed her 2 if she will eat them or just one med. size a week?

Thanks

How big is your bp?
    A Time for Peace A Time for War

Thanks

Shes 8 1/2 months old and is between 1 1/2 to 2 foot long........not real sure about the weight but shes as big around as 3 of my fingers

Thanks

feed her 1 or 2 it up to you good size mice 5 to 7 days
    A Time for Peace A Time for War

Thanks

The eye cap is gone now!!!! 1 day after puttin the DIY humidifier in. I dont know why, but the day after the cap came off shes started sheading again is this normal???

Thanks

Eyecap... I can give you a little advice about that. I rescued 3 BPs last March, and one had the worst retained eyecap I ever saw. I soaked him and the rest of his retained shed came off, but not ther cap. So when it came time for his next shedding, I just kept his humidity reallllly high, and the cap came off! But now his eye is slightly shrunken and I just know it will never be normal, but at least the caps are gone. And I am glad to say he dies eat great.
    So there IS hope.
    I am glad you are having fun with your little one. Is it feeding well? That was my biggest concern, getting one like this.
    Here's a pic of my eye-trouble-haver.:

-Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Red face Re: I Love My New Baby!!!!!

She feeds great!!! shes growing so fast im thinking about backing her down to 1 med every 7 days right now shes eating 1 med every 3-4 days depending on her "moodieness" If shes shearching her tank or the house on the 2nd day i will feed her on the 3rd... her feed days pretty much depend on her and how she acts. When I first got her i was told that she looks malnurished so i try to powerfeed and get her where shes supposed to be for her age if i can i will add a pic here of her from the last feed she had........well i have no way of puttin one in here but there is 2 on my porfile i think

Thanks

AKKKKK More sheading problems....the more trouble i have with her the more i want to go back to the person i got her from and beat them untill there skin is flaky and not wanting to come off right. God i wish ppl that dont want to take care of there snakes just dont get them at all....they dont dersive to be treated this way and have this many skin problems

Thanks

ok I just got a new baby (6-28-05) Its supposed to be a male......well hes kinda not mine(its a bday present for my 6 year old boy) but i will be the one taking care of him. I have never seen a 2 month old baby that is as calm as him. The little boy that had him would snatch him out if the tank by his head and he wouldnt even offer to bite or anything(i was more worried about me getting him then the snake, it would make me so mad to see that child treating that baby like that and the parents wouldnt say anything to him for it) My son has not came up with a name for him yet but i will let yall kno when he does....hes a light brown color with the darker markings and so sweet!!! i will put picks up in my profile for yall