Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,340

3 members and 3,337 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: What is this???

Thanks

What is this???

I was stripping down my entire gecko closure for a cleaning when i found these 2 little white things...i'm thinking they're eggs.

Obviously one is a little mashed in..so if it was a baby gecko...it's not any more

If they are eggs, my enclosure was not at all set up to handle eggs. i'm gonna be a little pissed at myself if they are.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: What is this???

yep those are most definitely eggs. did you have your male and female housed together? if those are the only 2 eggs you found it is quite possible that they weren't fertile to begin with since it is very common for a female's first clutch to be infertile. you could incubate the one that isn't collapsed inward if you want to just to see if anything happens but i'm not sure of its viability at this point...maybe someone who has a little more experience in that department will see this thread and have some input.
    - Emily

Thanks

yeah they're just beyond juveniles. yes they're housed together because i want them to breed..i just wasn't expecting it! But, now i'll set up a spot for them to lay eggs. I need to read up on this some more as well. How often will they lay eggs?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries

they will lay eggs once every 3-6 weeks or so. so far my females have been laying pretty much every 4 weeks on the dot, but it does vary some. set up a lay box for your female--you can use moist peat moss or sphagnum moss in a small rubbermaid. i usually put the lay box in a week before i expect them to lay but you can leave it in all the time and it will double as a humid hide. if you have live plants in your enclosure you might want to remove them and use fake ones instead or it is likely that your female will lay eggs in the dirt in the pot.
    - Emily

Thanks

I have one fake plant in there right now. I took out the humid hide because i never saw either gecko inside it. but, i guess they are in it when i'm not paying attention.