Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,869

1 members and 2,868 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dinker

Thanks

Re: Dinker

Quote Originally Posted by Seven-Thirty View Post
    it looks way too similar to the many dinkers i've seen scowering rhe internet and in person and most of them haven't proved out or they've proved out but tend not to do anything really signifcant in combos.
    Could you post pictures of the many you have been scoring that are similar? Additionally, can you include pictures of those that haven't proved out, and those that have. Specifically, those that look like this.
    Thanks,
    Warren

Thanks

There's this one Graziani had. It didn't prove out. Cut to 14:50.

There was one I saw at CRBE owned by Urban Reptile that they sold, sadly I don't have a picture of it. This one apparently proved out and I'm kind of sad I didn't scoop it before someone else did. According to Urban Reptile, he put it to a yellow belly and created these mojave yellowbelly looking snakes.

There's this one: http://www.reptileradio.net/showthre...pix!!&p=969238

There were also a few more I've seen on the kijiji but I can't find those ads anymore I'm afraid.

These all look similar with differences but they all had the striping and the single alien head type things. Colour and specific pattern might vary from snake to snake.
    Last edited by Seven-Thirty; 09-21-2016 at 10:00 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Seven-Thirty For This Useful Post:

Warren_Booth (09-21-2016)

Thanks

There's this one Graziani had. It didn't prove out. Cut to 14:50.

There was one I saw at CRBE owned by Urban Reptile that they sold, sadly I don't have a picture of it. This one apparently proved out and I'm kind of sad I didn't scoop it before someone else did. According to Urban Reptile, he put it to a yellow belly and created these mojave yellowbelly looking snakes.

There's this one: http://www.reptileradio.net/showthre...pix!!&p=969238

There were also a few more I've seen on the kijiji but I can't find those ads anymore I'm afraid.

These all look similar with differences but they all had the striping and the single alien head type things. Colour and specific pattern might vary from snake to snake.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Urban reptiles did have an animal that looked exactly like this that turned out to be genetic apparently. I saw it on their table at the beginning of the expo but I didn't think much of it. I believe it was marked as an igna but if you look at their website the animal they have shown looks nothing like that so I'm not 100% on that. Either way it's a sweet dinker for sure! I can already invision a few cool combos I'd like to try if it were genetic.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kxr View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Urban reptiles did have an animal that looked exactly like this that turned out to be genetic apparently. I saw it on their table at the beginning of the expo but I didn't think much of it. I believe it was marked as an igna but if you look at their website the animal they have shown looks nothing like that so I'm not 100% on that. Either way it's a sweet dinker for sure! I can already invision a few cool combos I'd like to try if it were genetic.
    There were two different dinkers Craig had that day actually. He had the striped one that was sold really early on, and the Ignas. He didn't have any single gene igna's I'm afraid but he had two pastel ignas. There was something clearly going on with them, but not enough for me to add it to my collection. The one that was sold though I would have picked it up if I was half an hour earlier.

Registered User butterballpython's Avatar
    Thanks
    My normal has that white and light color creeping up her sides too, especially in the area behind her head. I tried for a few good pictures, but cooperating with the paparazzi was not on her agenda for today, so there's no picture of the area behind her head. In the right light, the lighter brown areas almost take on a very light purplish sheen. That may have something to do with the full spectrum bulbs I use in the house. This old camera does not pick up subtleties in color like my other one did. The good one one was taken in a burglary in March. I happened to have this one with me. I bought this bp from Petco. So my best, inexperienced guess is that your ball python is a normal. Here's Callista:

1.0 bp butter "Brickle" the friendly explorer
    0.1 bp champagne "Bubbles" the shy one
    0.1 bp normal "Callista" the little one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by butterballpython View Post
    My normal has that white and light color creeping up her sides too, especially in the area behind her head. I tried for a few good pictures, but cooperating with the paparazzi was not on her agenda for today, so there's no picture of the area behind her head. In the right light, the lighter brown areas almost take on a very light purplish sheen. That may have something to do with the full spectrum bulbs I use in the house. This old camera does not pick up subtleties in color like my other one did. The good one one was taken in a burglary in March. I happened to have this one with me. I bought this bp from Petco. So my best, inexperienced guess is that your ball python is a normal. Here's Callista:

Im going to need better pictures i'm afraid but it does look like a normal so far.

Registered User butterballpython's Avatar
    Thanks

Im going to need better pictures i'm afraid but it does look like a normal so far.
    To the best of my knowledge, she is a normal. I bought her as a normal from Petco because she had salmony coloring at the bottom of her alien heads. I asked about it on the boards, and someone suggested going to get her. I did. After several sheds, the pink and the stink (she smelled bad) went away. As far as I know, she is a pretty normal. I put up her pictures because the OP's snake is similar.
    1.0 bp butter "Brickle" the friendly explorer
    0.1 bp champagne "Bubbles" the shy one
    0.1 bp normal "Callista" the little one

Thanks

There were two different dinkers Craig had that day actually. He had the striped one that was sold really early on, and the Ignas. He didn't have any single gene igna's I'm afraid but he had two pastel ignas. There was something clearly going on with them, but not enough for me to add it to my collection. The one that was sold though I would have picked it up if I was half an hour earlier.
    Ah, so the animal I was looking at wasn't the igna. Ok, I was there when he was talking to the guy that I imagine ended up picking it up. I didn't see anything too interesting to me at his table so I walked away before it got sold.

Thanks
    I absolutely LOVE the funky head pattern on this girl. Call me a noob, but I think she has some potential; even if she doesn't prove out as a "morph" in the traditional sense, she could be a polygenic gold mine just waiting to be tapped. I'm sure she'll produce some stellar babies for whoever gets her.

Out of curiosity, what was the sellers asking price?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12