Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,726

2 members and 3,724 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinker

Thanks

Dinker

Just looking for opinions on this. See anything going on or a nice looking normal? Either way great lookimg snake to be happy with. Have some other pics from when younger if it would help [IMG][/IMG]
    0.1 Woma Pinstripe "Gemma"
    0.1 Ultramel "Lyla"
    0.1 Bamboo Woma "Tara"
    0.1 Rio(Super Arroyo) "Wendy"
    1.0 Clown "Happy"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Ghost "Unser"
    1.0 KillerBee Yellow Belly "Half-Sack"

Thanks
    I've seen a few dinkers that looked like this, some have apparently proved out and some haven't. I have yet to see what happens when you breed them to any actual combos. Didn't the description on morph market say there was a whole clutch of these?

Thanks

Re: Dinker

Quote Originally Posted by Seven-Thirty View Post
    I've seen a few dinkers that looked like this, some have apparently proved out and some haven't. I have yet to see what happens when you breed them to any actual combos. Didn't the description on morph market say there was a whole clutch of these?
    Yea but this seller apparently only got one from the clutch. Says a friend gave it to her and the friend kept two but has not bred any yet. Says mom looked "normal"
    0.1 Ultramel "Lyla"
    0.1 Bamboo Woma "Tara"
    1.0 Clown "Happy"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OTorresUSMC View Post
    Yea but this seller apparently only got one from the clutch. Says a friend gave it to her and the friend kept two but has not bred any yet. Says mom looked "normal"
    Ah well, if it a 2012 male, and it hasn't been bred, or so they say, it'e essentially anyone's guess. Like for me, it looks way too similar to the many dinkers i've seen scowering rhe internet and in person and most of them haven't proved out or they've proved out but tend not to do anything really signifcant in combos. It clearly has a lot going on but it's not going to put you on the map imo if it does prove out.

do you happen to have more pictures of it?

Thanks

Ah well, if it a 2012 male, and it hasn't been bred, or so they say, it'e essentially anyone's guess. Like for me, it looks way too similar to the many dinkers i've seen scowering rhe internet and in person and most of them haven't proved out or they've proved out but tend not to do anything really signifcant in combos. It clearly has a lot going on but it's not going to put you on the map imo if it does prove out.

do you happen to have more pictures of it?
    Yea thats kind of my opinion as well. I wouldnt really be concerned with being put on the map lol but i get what youre saying. Honestly in the ball python game i think most of the really big cool morphs are prob already out there. I feel like too often now people are looking at every little change and trying to name it something new and claim as their own or worlds first. God i wanna puke everytime i see someone type that lol. Im toying with starting a breeding program but my focus is picking a couple morphs i like not trying to prove something out. And dropping cash on what might just be a slightly above average normal is maybe a bit more ambitious than what im looking to do haha
    0.1 Ultramel "Lyla"
    0.1 Bamboo Woma "Tara"
    1.0 Clown "Happy"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OTorresUSMC For This Useful Post:

meganmarkita15 (09-22-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OTorresUSMC View Post
    Yea thats kind of my opinion as well. I wouldnt really be concerned with being put on the map lol but i get what youre saying. Honestly in the ball python game i think most of the really big cool morphs are prob already out there. I feel like too often now people are looking at every little change and trying to name it something new and claim as their own or worlds first. God i wanna puke everytime i see someone type that lol. Im toying with starting a breeding program but my focus is picking a couple morphs i like not trying to prove something out. And dropping cash on what might just be a slightly above average normal is maybe a bit more ambitious than what im looking to do haha
    Yeah, this snake is a gamble. If someone could show me the pictures of the clutch mates beside this one It would give a better indication if this is even genetic or not. Generally if there's multiples, it tends to be genetic. Like it is a snake you could have around as a dinker project. There's
    no harm in that. If it does prove out, then yay, you know have something that is in very low amount and if you wish, you could breed it to many things to try and see what it can do. There are quite a few dinker gens that prove out everyday but they have virtually no real value combo or price wise because of minute the influence is.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Seven-Thirty For This Useful Post:

OTorresUSMC (09-20-2016)

Thanks

Yeah, this snake is a gamble. If someone could show me the pictures of the clutch mates beside this one It would give a better indication if this is even genetic or not. Generally if there's multiples, it tends to be genetic. Like it is a snake you could have around as a dinker project. There's
    no harm in that. If it does prove out, then yay, you know have something that is in very low amount and if you wish, you could breed it to many things to try and see what it can do. There are quite a few dinker gens that prove out everyday but they have virtually no real value combo or price wise because of minute the influence is.
    Yea thats just it. As nice as this looks at the end of the day its minor compared to some of the really cool stuff out there. Who knows i may just make a mild offer as i would like to have a normal in my collection anyway but def wouldnt pay the asking price. Thank you for your input.
    0.1 Ultramel "Lyla"
    0.1 Bamboo Woma "Tara"
    1.0 Clown "Happy"

Thanks
    Just my opinion, but I think he looks really flippin cool. I see potential.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,652 Times in 995 Posts
    Looks great! Good luck!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Looks like a potential sable to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast