Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,852

0 members and 2,852 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Choices...Choices....

Okay folks, input, opinion, whatever please.

For about the same amount of money (well within $100) we can either buy one male 05 pastel or we can buy 1.1 05 100% het albino's.

Since we like both albino's and pastels and the snakes are being offered by 2 different breeders, both with excellent reputations I'm just going back and forth on which we should go for and which is the best investment wise for future breeding projects.

We'd appreciate any feedback.

~~Joanna & Mike~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Re: Choices...Choices....

looking at it from investment view, i'd go for the pastel (co-dom) and breed him next year to 3 or 4 normal girls and produce 1/2 pastels and 1/2 normals.
    the het albinos you'll have to wait 2 to 3 years for the albino to be produced. the money from a pastel group could buy you an albino. i actually bought my pastel male and poss. albino clutch last year at the same time and i'll be breeding pastels this winter and my poss. girls will be ready next winter.

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks

I had to make a decision like this a while back....but mine was between hypos and a pastel.

If you had an adult female of breeding size, I would say go with the pastel because you could breed fairly soon and produce some more pastels. If you dont have adult females, It will take the same time to raise the hets as it will to raise a normal female to breed to the male pastel.

You have to consider with getting the pastel you will have a visual ball python morph, but with the hets you will not produce an albino for 2-3 years. So that is something to consider.

I went the hypo route because I like them more, and I dont mind waiting for a visual morph. It all boils down to which one you like the best in the end. Another reason I decided to go with the hets is that you only need to buy the het female the first year, then you can get the het male the next year. That was great for me because I dont usually have 800-900 dollars to drop at one time. So this year I am getting a het hypo female and next year I will get the het hypo male(or if the money is good a hypo male) and hopefully produce some hypos in 3 years.

hope that helps.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

If you want money right now, go for the pastel. Co-dominants are great for a quick fix, but for long term investment they aren't worth all that much. Their prices will drop exponentially. For future investments... everyone will want an albino. They're hard to produce, and the prices will remain more stable. The albino Burmese python is still a huge hit with the public, so imagine the demand for a small easy-to-handle little/big snake like a Ball Python. Personally, pastels are a good morph to combine with others or to make super pastels, but adult size pastels don't look all that impressive. If you're into short term cash, go pastel. If you're into long term investment, go albino.
    MY WHITE BALLS
    Specializing in white phase ball python mutations, along with all their friends.

Follow me on Facebook:
    https://m.facebook.com/MyWhiteBallsAndFriends/

See what's available:
    http://www.morphmarket.com/stores/mywhiteballs/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bait4snake
    but adult size pastels don't look all that impressive.
    They don't?? Hmmmm .... sounds like you need to find some better pastels.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

We've been looking at a lot of pics of both juvenile and adult pastels and albino's from Adam, NERD, Ralph Davies, Markus Jayne and I'd have to agree with Adam on this one....a lot of adult pastels are downright gorgeous though do seem to be quite different breeder to breeder. Albino's though are lovely too. This is a darn difficult decision!

~~Joanna~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

I sooooo understand your dilemma. I'm in the same boat. I can't decide on which morph I want! They're so cool! I'm leaning more towards the caramels but I really want to see them in person first. This is so hard!!!!
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily
    I'm leaning more towards the caramels but I really want to see them in person first. This is so hard!!!!
    Like I told your sister Saturday ... give me a call next time you're in the area ... you guys are always welcome to come over and dig through the racks.

Heck, you can pull out a couple of snakes at a time and watch me sweat making sure that they get put back in the right boxes ... right Vaughn????

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

....LMAO.....Adam, so which one was the het caramel and which one was the het hypo?.... I could see the chaos now...
    Last edited by daniel1983; 06-13-2005 at 06:03 PM.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks

Thanks Adam for the invite. I may just give in and go with it because it looks like it may be forever until I get back up there. UGH! GRR! I don't know if it would help or end up in divorce I get there and start.... I want one of those and one of those and one of those..... Although my husband has been very sweet and understanding so far. I'm trying to behave myself, but they're just sooooo cool! I'm trying to infect more people!! I'm like the plague! hehehehe One sister down...the rest of the world to conquer. Mua hahahaha (Did I mention I need help )
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast