Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,203

2 members and 3,201 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: Emma update...

Thanks

Emma update...

I thought I'd update yall on Emily. She is doing really well; gained some nice weight since Wintertime. We took her out of the pasture for the first time last week, led her around a little and for the most part she was OK; a little overconcerned about rejoining her buddies in the pasture, but we will work on that. Actually the trainer will, as soon as I can get ahold of him.
    She is getting a pedicure on Monday.
    Here's a pic or two; I know I need to get more recent pix of her but I never remember my camera.

-Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks

Re: Emma update...

Shes a beautiful horse. Hope her pedicure goes well and that she does well with her training. Good luck!
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Thanks!
    One of her front feet is worrying me a bit; it is a tiny bit cracked because of the dry spell we are having around here. The soonest the farrier can see her is Monday though.
    Ball pythons:

Thanks

She's looking good Little fatty, LoL. I wouldn't worry about the cracks. It is common when it goes from wet to dry and also when the horse hadn't been reshod in awhile(or shod at all). Are you planning on putting shoes on her or just getting her trimmed so she can go around barefoot?

If you want to keep her feet looking good, that Absorbine Hooflex stuff works great. http://www.absorbine.com/animal/prod...flx_liquid.htm You can wash her feet of, dry them with a towel, and then apply that stuff all over her hoof(the outside, the frog, the sole, etc). If you live near a PetsMart that has a State Line Tack store in it, then you will be set But Tractor Supply will have all of that too.

Good luck with the training. Are you planning on attending the sessions with her? Because if the horse is trained, but the human isn't, you will both get confuzzled
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

She should be going to the trainer next week! I am glad that this is all finally going to get into motion. He is a cool trainer; he askes (if not downright requires) the owners to attend some of his training sessions, to see what is going on and ride too. So me and Mark will probably go over there every weekend, and a few weeknights too while he is training her.
    She got acquainted with flyspray yesterday; she didn't kill anyone so I guess that went well! Seriously though, she actually seemed kinda relived by the time I was finishing; maybe the spray was a relief from the intense heat/humidity? I have to give her a bath sometime this week.
    Ball pythons: