Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,148

0 members and 3,148 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Dude,

Outside of the BS you are dealing with, she looks awesome!

She's still a nice sized animal. Keep us posted.
    Thanks Gio. Vet made a small incision in her gums yesterday and managed to work a bit of puss out of it. Irrigated the wound with saline solution. He thinks the lost/broken teeth are a symptom of the infection, not the cause of it.
    His recommendation for continued treatment was that we use a more concentrated and higher dosage of ceftazidime to fight the infection more aggressively. So essentially we’re administering 4x the medication per injection in 2x the liquid volume that we had been. Three more shots to go, administered in two injection sites per shot due to the volume of liquid (2.4ml).
    Also recommended slightly higher temps to increase her metabolic rate and help the medication to fight off the heavy bacterial growth (pseudomonas aeruginosa).
    Aside from the obvious infection he said that she looks great otherwise. Clear breathing, alert, good muscle tone, doesn’t appear overweight. Weighed in at 26.5lbs so she hasn’t lost any weight despite not having eaten in 6 weeks. I think once her appetite comes back we’ll see some more improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jmcrook; 09-15-2018 at 06:32 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (09-16-2018),Gio (09-15-2018),MR Snakes (12-13-2018),Stearns84 (09-16-2018),tttaylorrr (09-16-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Thanks Gio. Vet made a small incision in her gums yesterday and managed to work a bit of puss out of it. Irrigated the wound with saline solution. He thinks the lost/broken teeth are a symptom of the infection, not the cause of it.
    His recommendation for continued treatment was that we use a more concentrated and higher dosage of ceftazidime to fight the infection more aggressively. So essentially we’re administering 4x the medication per injection in 2x the liquid volume that we had been. Three more shots to go, administered in two injection sites per shot due to the volume of liquid (2.4ml).
    Also recommended slightly higher temps to increase her metabolic rate and help the medication to fight off the heavy bacterial growth (pseudomonas aeruginosa).
    Aside from the obvious infection he said that she looks great otherwise. Clear breathing, alert, good muscle tone, doesn’t appear overweight. Weighed in at 26.5lbs so she hasn’t lost any weight despite not having eaten in 6 weeks. I think once her appetite comes back we’ll see some more improvement.

Quite overwhelming I'm sure. I think it sucks you have to deal with all of that.

I agree though, she looks great and once the infection is finally gone, I think the new cage will keep her happy.

I doubt she'll grow much more.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 531 Posts

How is she doing now? Any progress?
    Silent Hill Reptiles and Rodents
    https://www.silenthillreptiles.com/

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines
    1.2 Japanese rat, 1.3 natrix n. natrix
    6.1 Balls, 1.0 orange Halloween ATB, 1.0 bci

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
    How is she doing now? Any progress?
    No improvement after yet another course of antibiotics and pulled another two teeth the other day. I seriously think she’s going to need surgery to remove the mass from her gum tissue. Hasn’t eaten in 7 weeks now as well. With the number of teeth she’s lost I’m fearful the infection has spread to her jaw.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

No improvement after yet another course of antibiotics and pulled another two teeth the other day. I seriously think she’s going to need surgery to remove the mass from her gum tissue. Hasn’t eaten in 7 weeks now as well. With the number of teeth she’s lost I’m fearful the infection has spread to her jaw.

Wow,

This is unbelievable!

I was hoping my next view of this post would have been seeing the new cage.

Instead, more bad news which completely sucks for you.

I must have a very cooperative retic, or it'll hit the fan here soon.

Sorry man, keep the updates coming.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Wow,

This is unbelievable!

I was hoping my next view of this post would have been seeing the new cage.

Instead, more bad news which completely sucks for you.

I must have a very cooperative retic, or it'll hit the fan here soon.

Sorry man, keep the updates coming.
    For real dude, completely and totally unbelievable and beyond draining on my part.
    Talking with vet #1 right now and she’s discussing with other herp vets the idea of cutting out whatever’s in her face, cleaning it out and placing antibiotic impregnated beads in the resulting cavity. Then maybe leaving Phyllis with her for a bit to do some monitoring and local therapy.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (09-27-2018),Gio (09-24-2018),MR Snakes (12-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

For real dude, completely and totally unbelievable and beyond draining on my part.
    Talking with vet #1 right now and she’s discussing with other herp vets the idea of cutting out whatever’s in her face, cleaning it out and placing antibiotic impregnated beads in the resulting cavity. Then maybe leaving Phyllis with her for a bit to do some monitoring and local therapy.

I really feel sorry for you. You are trying SO hard. No-one can ever say you aren't doing all that can be done. I really wish that things would finally look up for you.

I had a Blood Python that developed a lump like this in his mouth, almost exactly in the same location. It can be frustrating and very difficult to treat and fix.
    In my case, that lump quickly grew bigger, the infection got into the bone. Even after scraping out the infected tissue and intensive Antibiotic treatment. In the end things got so bad that we were at daily shots.

If I could say anything about it, be as aggressive as you can with treatment. Perhaps leaving her at the Vet isn't such a bad idea. They can monitor her daily and possibly adjust treatment based on how she is progressing.

I sincerely hope for the best, you and her deserve it!
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

MR Snakes (12-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Dang man. That sucks. You just cant win it seems. Eventually it has to turn around. The "S" cant hit the fan forever. Recently Caesar has been a pita too lol. I had to remove the shelf as he was using it too much and re split one eyebrow and scuffed up the other one as well as the top of his neck now. I swear man, i think we have the worlds most pita retics. Yours being on the far left and mine being between that and the middle.

Again, i was told 'buy a retic! they are fun, they are smart, they are active". Someone forgot to mention the part of 'they are a pita, they like to cause trouble, they constantly poop and pee, they eat anything with fur or feathers that they can fit in their mouths".

Anyways good luck man. At least you got a boa to relax with. Now you need to look into GTPs. They are like a BP on a stick. They are visible but quiet lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 09-24-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

MR Snakes (12-13-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 531 Posts

Thats a bummer man, I was really hoping for her to show some signs of improvement.
    Silent Hill Reptiles and Rodents
    https://www.silenthillreptiles.com/

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines
    1.2 Japanese rat, 1.3 natrix n. natrix
    6.1 Balls, 1.0 orange Halloween ATB, 1.0 bci

Thanks

Thanks y’all. This animal’s condition pretty much hovers over every moment of every day for me at this point. I may drive her to the vet Wednesday after work, which is awesome because that’s the end of an 11hr day for me to be topped with a ~5hr round trip to and from Birmingham. My vet said she wouldn’t charge for boarding which is nice. After this upcoming visit I’ll be about $1k deep in vet costs since July
    And no looking into any other animals until Phyllis is back to 100%. I’ve got cage space but no time to deal with acclimating new animals and treating current problem critters. No rest for the wicked here

Page 97 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast