Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,832

1 members and 2,831 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Yeah dad was 5' mom was 6', I think imported in 2013? Likewise, 8' for our girls would be nice but I won't be surprised if either of them reach 9' at this rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine is calm like Sauzo's, but he will be 4 feet long in no time. I'm considering a 10 day schedule. He is NOT hungry all of the time so I'm going to spread things out a bit.

I plan on providing a 6 foot by 30 inch by 24 to 30 inch cage for his final home. I'm fully expecting a 10 foot snake which is nothing looking at my 7 foot carpet as long as the girth stays along the lines of my boa.

You are right though, I have 18% mainland in my guy and have also heard more than a few people say tigers tend to be VERY calm.

That probably helps. Sauzo and I have young animals too so I'm sure they are still settling in.

Your girl is beautiful and probably just needs some room to romp. Maybe add some perches and other items in the cage to stimulate her a bit.

Or drop the temps a tad and see if that helps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (10-28-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Lol i'm not going to sugarcoat it, my little man is flat out lazy Unless there is a mouse or rat involved in the deal, he is happy to just lounge it. I've been feeding him every 4-5 days and he is more than happy with the schedule lol. My avatar is him after I lifted his hide and put a camera in front of his face. His head was shoved in the little hole to the right of him. He popped his head out and posed for the camera lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 10-29-2016 at 12:32 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Lol i'm not going to sugarcoat it, my little man is flat out lazy Unless there is a mouse or rat involved in the deal, he is happy to just lounge it. I've been feeding him every 4-5 days and he is more than happy with the schedule lol. My avatar is him after I lifted his hide and put a camera in front of his face. His head was shoved in the little hole to the right of him. He popped his head out and posed for the camera lol.
    lol I need to keep my gal in a food coma apparently. I just don't want her to get too big too fast and inadvertently reduce her lifespan. As soon as she feels any activity at the door of her cage she's there to check it out before I can finish unlocking it. Definitely going to be getting bigger prey, and more frequently. She's still very trim and muscular, just has a crazy metabolism. She passes a small rat in like 4 days and it's a tiny poop and a couple small urates.

Gio, she's got a big grapevine/driftwood to climb on and two hides but yeah, she's definitely going to need more space eventually. It's also been unseasonably warm here recently so her ambient temps have been higher and could likely be influencing her increased activity along with her just always being hungry. I'll keep you all up to date with how things progress in the upcoming weeks. Cheers!

Thanks
    Well I feed Caesar smaller meals on a faster schedule, so really it boils down to the same amount of food as if I did a weanling or small rat weekly. I just feed him a couple adult mice. Seems they leave a smaller but still noticeable lump and pretty much seem to keep him calm. Of course he is also still a baby. He's only 5 months old. I'll probably cut his food intake down once he hits 1 year old. He spends a lot of his time in one of his hides unless I got him out on me or he is out drinking water. he wandered around a couple days when I first got him but since then, it seems he has settled in and loves his RBI hides lol. As for poop, Caesar drops monster deuces lol, probably 2.5-3" long ones. He's a poo machine haha.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (10-29-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Well I feed Caesar smaller meals on a faster schedule, so really it boils down to the same amount of food as if I did a weanling or small rat weekly. I just feed him a couple adult mice. Seems they leave a smaller but still noticeable lump and pretty much seem to keep him calm. Of course he is also still a baby. He's only 5 months old. I'll probably cut his food intake down once he hits 1 year old. He spends a lot of his time in one of his hides unless I got him out on me or he is out drinking water. he wandered around a couple days when I first got him but since then, it seems he has settled in and loves his RBI hides lol. As for poop, Caesar drops monster deuces lol, probably 2.5-3" long ones. He's a poo machine haha.
    at 5 months Phyllis was getting two mice every 4-5 days, then I bumped her up to small rats every 5-7 and was "Queen Phyllis, full of piss" because she's peed on/around me so many times lol. Also dropped huge poos but the last 3 weeks she's had smaller sized small rats and smaller bathroom breaks because my rat guy only had small smalls and big mediums. I really think getting her on medium rats every 5-7 days is going to chill her out a good deal. I've got the gap in the door filled with a strip of foam core for the time being so she can't jam her head in there and it seems to be helping along with the 100 gram rat she pounded last night.
    Last edited by jmcrook; 10-29-2016 at 01:05 AM.

Thanks
    Yeah, see that's where Caesar is now, 5 months old and eating 2 adult mice every 4-5 days. And yeah he pisses all over but thank god its all in his cage. i just check for piss everyday. I still have been lucky with the Retic sausage butt roulette. I haven't been hosed down yet. And yeah the influx of food should help...or it might make her grow really fast and really huge and then you will have a huge antsy retic who will spray pee and poo all over you everytime you take her out. Keep us updated so i know what not to do

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (10-29-2016)

Thanks
    I think some of them just have a crazy strong feeding response. My girl could eat every day 5 at a time if I let her.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Yodawagon For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (10-29-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yodawagon View Post
    I think some of them just have a crazy strong feeding response. My girl could eat every day 5 at a time if I let her.
    Mine would totally do the same. Have any recent pics of your SD gal to share, yodawagon? It's cool to see pics of clutch mates when you know who has one

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Mine would totally do the same. Have any recent pics of your SD gal to share, yodawagon? It's cool to see pics of clutch mates when you know who has one

I'll try and upload three pictures of my baby Purple Albino ... there's been some crazy changes over the last few months

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 10-29-2016 at 02:22 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (10-29-2016),MR Snakes (12-13-2018),o.r hill (10-30-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Oh and his dad
    Last edited by Zincubus; 10-29-2016 at 02:24 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

MR Snakes (12-13-2018)

Page 9 of 106 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast