Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,723

1 members and 2,722 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 58 of 106 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    read my mind dude. I was just thinking to switch her and Gerald, put him in the T25 and her back in her old T8. I might just do that
    I would personally move Gerald or whatever snake is in the smaller cage. I dont think stuffing Phyllis in a T8 is going to do anything but make her push more. When i put Caesar in my 'cleaning T8' that i use for the active snakes when i dont have time to watch them and clean the cage, Caesar really isnt happy about it and after about 10 mins of looking around, he starts pushing on the doors to get out for pretty much the full 30 mins it takes to clean his cage.

Imo, not the best idea.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Just finished shuffling cages around... of course I had Gerald in the middle cage in the stack so had to move two cages to move his.
    Gerald is now in my bedroom, the next room over from the snake room. Good lord I hope this gets Phyllis to chill out. Only other thing I could think besides Gerald is that there’s something irritating in her nose causing her to keep pushing.
    Cross your fingers for me everyone. I need a beer... or several

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Just finished shuffling cages around... of course I had Gerald in the middle cage in the stack so had to move two cages to move his.
    Gerald is now in my bedroom, the next room over from the snake room. Good lord I hope this gets Phyllis to chill out. Only other thing I could think besides Gerald is that there’s something irritating in her nose causing her to keep pushing.
    Cross your fingers for me everyone. I need a beer... or several

Haha good luck brutha. I know the feeling. I actually had thoughts of rehoming Caesar when he was at the peak of pushing too. I wouldnt have but the thought did cross my mind. All the hamburger face nights is just stressful. I honestly do think its the male/female thing. I mean you have tried everything for Phyllis from more food, bigger food, lower temps, higher temps, everything.

This is the the biggest reason i havent gone with another retic yet as i do have an extra cage. I dont want to get a female and have issues with pushing and i dont want to get a male in case they smell each other and become combative during breeding time and take it out on me lol. Although i have seen a lot of videos with people with multiple males in the same room and even same cage stacks and they are fine.

Anyways, good luck man and hopefully this works.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 05-08-2018 at 02:37 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-08-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Haha good luck brutha. I know the feeling. I actually had thoughts of rehoming Caesar when he was at the peak of pushing too. I wouldnt have but the thought did cross my mind. All the hamburger face nights is just stressful. I honestly do think its the male/female thing. I mean you have tried everything for Phyllis from more food, bigger food, lower temps, higher temps, everything.

This is the the biggest reason i havent gone with another retic yet as i do have an extra cage. I dont want to get a female and have issues with pushing and i dont want to get a male in case they smell each other and become combative during breeding time and take it out on me lol. Although i have seen a lot of videos with people with multiple males in the same room and even same cage stacks and they are fine.

Anyways, good luck man and hopefully this works.
    Thanks man! Glad to know I wasn’t the only one that was getting super frustrated at some point or another. I love this snake to death. Only critter that I’ve had that I’ve raised from a brand new, three week old hatchling to adult size. But seeing her with a rhino nose and swollen lips all the time makes me stressed out. She’s totally fine aside from that. I’ll just keep eliminating variables until something works and hopefully this can get sorted out. Honestly she feels a bit pudgy to me but maybe she just needs a freaking behemoth meal to make her sit still for a good week. Couldn’t tell tonight that she had eaten two days ago aside from a slight sausage butt. I really need to get rabbits or 5xl guinea pigs to at least offer occasionally

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (05-08-2018)

Thanks

Thanks man! Glad to know I wasn’t the only one that was getting super frustrated at some point or another. I love this snake to death. Only critter that I’ve had that I’ve raised from a brand new, three week old hatchling to adult size. But seeing her with a rhino nose and swollen lips all the time makes me stressed out. She’s totally fine aside from that. I’ll just keep eliminating variables until something works and hopefully this can get sorted out. Honestly she feels a bit pudgy to me but maybe she just needs a freaking behemoth meal to make her sit still for a good week. Couldn’t tell tonight that she had eaten two days ago aside from a slight sausage butt. I really need to get rabbits or 5xl guinea pigs to at least offer occasionally

Haha me too. I've been feeding Caesar jumbo rats every 10 days but they barely leave a lump and within a day, its gone. I tried the 2XL guinea pig and it left a noticeable lump but tonight, he is out already. Been 2 days. I might need to try a 3XL but dang, they are almost $20 at the pet shop.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Skyrivers (05-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

I would personally move Gerald or whatever snake is in the smaller cage. I dont think stuffing Phyllis in a T8 is going to do anything but make her push more. When i put Caesar in my 'cleaning T8' that i use for the active snakes when i dont have time to watch them and clean the cage, Caesar really isnt happy about it and after about 10 mins of looking around, he starts pushing on the doors to get out for pretty much the full 30 mins it takes to clean his cage.

Imo, not the best idea.
    Actually if you have exhausted all other options it is a good idea. Some, but not all do better in a smaller cage. Females may react to another male, but it’s usually the males that react to pheromones given off by the female. Maybe your girl is a boy and doesn’t like Gerald.

Hard to say at this point but if you don’t have anything else to try, try a smaller cage and see if it helps. Maybe it will maybe it won’t. And as far as food, there is no wild retic that eats constantly they just don’t. I think you are good on the feeding end.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (05-08-2018),jmcrook (05-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Haha me too. I've been feeding Caesar jumbo rats every 10 days but they barely leave a lump and within a day, its gone. I tried the 2XL guinea pig and it left a noticeable lump but tonight, he is out already. Been 2 days. I might need to try a 3XL but dang, they are almost $20 at the pet shop.
    Last feeding I gave Rainbow two XL rats and that was after she went 7 days between feedings (the longest time I have made her go between feedings). Hope she can make it to 10 or more this time before she turns her cage upside down looking for food. She is a pooping and peeing machine. I am just happy she is calm and happy.

Does your retic poop or pee almost every time you handle them? Rainbow started doing this. 10 to 15 min into being handled she poops or pees. Monty does as well about 5 or so minuets into being handles. I think moving gets their body working to empty out so they can be more active. Just a theory though.

Thanks

Well, she continued her reign of terror last night. She pooped also so that could be a contributing factor as she generally destroys her cage after a #2. If she pushes like crazy again tonight I’m putting her in Gerald’s T8 and seeing what happens.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Well, she continued her reign of terror last night. She pooped also so that could be a contributing factor as she generally destroys her cage after a #2. If she pushes like crazy again tonight I’m putting her in Gerald’s T8 and seeing what happens.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post

Does your retic poop or pee almost every time you handle them? Rainbow started doing this. 10 to 15 min into being handled she poops or pees. Monty does as well about 5 or so minuets into being handles. I think moving gets their body working to empty out so they can be more active. Just a theory though.
    lol welcome to retics. Very fast metabolism and handling seems to jumpstart their “movements” hahah

Page 58 of 106 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast