Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,994

2 members and 2,992 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 55 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Wow! 10 feet at two years. Someone sure ate all of their vitamins.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    I think it’s possible that she’s picking up Gerald’s scent and is feeling a bit randy but I’m not in the position to breed them and she’s a bit young. It was also about this time last year that her pushing got really bad and larger prey helped a bit. Honestly she probably just needs to be slammed with food, a colossal rat in her is hardly noticeable. She could probably take a 3lb rabbit no problem. I just don’t have a rabbit supplier at the moment and need to work through my last big cheese order before I re stock. I’ll probably feed her more frequently or give her two colossal rats next time I feed
    Also starting to really think she’s got some kayuadi or jampea blood in her as she measured just about 10’ yesterday. Never heard of a two year old kalatoa getting that big that fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    She looks awesome. Maybe you are right. I mean 10 feet is pretty big. Even Caesar whos is 31.5% dwarf and 30% mainland is about 8 feet and i slammed him food and he still eats every 10 days. Or maybe your girl is just a big girl that got fed nice and good and wasnt stunted by some sob who wanted to keep their snake small at the cost of the snakes well being. Not saying anyone on this forum does that with their retics, just saying i've seen it on FB a lot.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 05-05-2018 at 06:55 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Wow! 10 feet at two years. Someone sure ate all of their vitamins.
    Well, two years and three months but yeah... I think she’s juicing behind my back

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (05-06-2018),Reinz (05-06-2018),Sauzo (05-06-2018)

Thanks

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    She looks awesome. Maybe you are right. I mean 10 feet is pretty big. Even Caesar whos is 31.5% dwarf and 30% mainland is about 8 feet and i slammed him food and he still eats every 10 days. Or maybe your girl is just a big girl that got fed nice and good and wasnt stunted by some sob who wanted to keep their snake small at the cost of the snakes well being. Not saying anyone on this forum does that with their retics, just saying i've seen it on FB a lot.
    Yeah, sometimes they just grow. I’ve got a FB buddy with a 15yr old pure kalatoa that is 9-10’ and can take a 4lb rabbit. His certainly wasn’t that big at 2yrs though. I’m thinking Phyllis will top 12’+ at this rate. Gotta have other locale blood influences for a supposed SD to get this size this quickly. Also just gave her another colossal rat right now at day 4. Hopefully she chills out for a bit

Last edited by jmcrook; 05-06-2018 at 01:05 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (05-06-2018)

Thanks

Yeah, sometimes they just grow. I’ve got a FB buddy with a 15yr old pure kalatoa that is 9-10’ and can take a 4lb rabbit. His certainly wasn’t that big at 2yrs though. I’m thinking Phyllis will top 12’+ at this rate. Gotta have other locale blood influences for a supposed SD to get this size this quickly. Also just gave her another colossal rat right now at day 4. Hopefully she chills out for a bit

Haha, i just fed Caesar an XXL guinea pig. He pounded that thing like it was a tic tac and was still out and about after......maybe I'll try a XXXL guinea pig next.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-06-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Haha, i just fed Caesar an XXL guinea pig. He pounded that thing like it was a tic tac and was still out and about after......maybe I'll try a XXXL guinea pig next.
    I hear ya! Phyllis pounds 4xl guinea pigs and could easily take a 5xl imo which I may order for her next. That or maybe I’ll try to get ahold of monster feeders to get some rabbits

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (05-06-2018)

Thanks

I hear ya! Phyllis pounds 4xl guinea pigs and could easily take a 5xl imo which I may order for her next. That or maybe I’ll try to get ahold of monster feeders to get some rabbits

The gal at the reptile shop finally has a reliable source for rabbits so i might get Caesar one too lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-06-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Hey man,

Don't let her go and don't think she's necessarily a mix. She could just be a big girl and she is likely topping off.

I swear ceiling space and perches make life more interesting for them. I'm only of limited experience here but I've never had a pushing issue, and Wallace is getting bigger but I don't expect him to be much over 9 feet.

You've got a pretty girl there with a beautiful natural pattern. I think she's probably slowing in growth.

Hold the course and try a few new options before you decide to re-home her. I'd be bummed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-07-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Hey man,

Don't let her go and don't think she's necessarily a mix. She could just be a big girl and she is likely topping off.

I swear ceiling space and perches make life more interesting for them. I'm only of limited experience here but I've never had a pushing issue, and Wallace is getting bigger but I don't expect him to be much over 9 feet.

You've got a pretty girl there with a beautiful natural pattern. I think she's probably slowing in growth.

Hold the course and try a few new options before you decide to re-home her. I'd be bummed.
    Honestly I’d be crushed to get rid of her, I was more or less just venting some frustration. I hope she’s starting to top off as well. I think she just needs substantially larger prey to keep her calm. Additional perches and such are things I’d like to offer her at some point but right now I’m in no position to be ordering 8’ cages nor do I have space for one. Even when I gave her the bigger cage her pushing didn’t really change. I think she’s just a big, beautiful butthead in that way. I may rig up one big perch at some point and see if she uses it but she hardly even uses the shelf anymore since she got so big. We’ll see though.
    She does look suspiciously like a kayuadi if you look at pics of those compared to kalatoa though. I wouldn’t be surprised as everyone else I’ve talked to has said she’s about the biggest two year old SD they’ve ever heard of

Thanks
    I personally think it may be Gerald as that is really the only thing left. I dont think the height or perches would make a difference. I mean it could but you see so many people keeping these huge retics in little cages and they do fine. And some people actually say putting them in bigger cages can make them push more or start pushing. I have Caesar in the same size cage with a shelf and all and like i said, he has mellowed out on pushing BIG time. I did catch him pushing a little a few nights ago but that was close to dinner time. Now I'm not sure if you have a shelf, i thought you did. Caesar does spend a decent amount of time on his shelf.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-07-2018)

Page 55 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast