Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,148

1 members and 3,147 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 53 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    No waiting required. That’s what she’s doing in these pics, and every night all night starting at day 4-5. Even her just cruising over her coco chips makes a terrible squeaking type sound similar to the hides. And I’ve been having to sleep in that room and listen to those damn hides getting pushed around for the last couple weeks but my ex just moved out today so I got to rehabilitate my bedroom again. Peace and quiet restored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol too funny man. Buy a retic they said. It will be cool they said. They are fun they said.

On a side note, i have been getting Caesar all worked up. At night he usually cruises around. I wait until his head on a far side of the cage and i quietly slide open the opposite door and give his a tail a little flick. Boy, they gets him going. Never seen a snake spin around and come flying with mouth open. I swear, the guy has the mentality of bite first, sample if food second when his lights are out. If he knows it's me, he is really laid back but if he doesnt know, he comes flying full steam ahead. Dude is definitely not a shy snake. I couldnt imagine he would live long in the wild as he would probably just slither up to people and get killed...or try and eat them...and get killed. Since i got the new Feed tongs, i no longer have anything to satisfy the adrenaline junkie in me haha.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 05-02-2018 at 12:51 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Lol too funny man. Buy a retic they said. It will be cool they said. They are fun they said.

On a side note, i have been getting Caesar all worked up. At night he usually cruises around. I wait until his head on a far side of the cage and i quietly slide open the opposite door and give his a tail a little flick. Boy, they gets him going. Never seen a snake spin around and come flying with mouth open. I swear, the guy has the mentality of bite first, sample if food second when his lights are out. If he knows it's me, he is really laid back but if he doesnt know, he comes flying full steam ahead. Dude is definitely not a shy snake. I couldnt imagine he would live long in the wild as he would probably just slither up to people and get killed...or try and eat them...and get killed. Since i got the new Feed tongs, i no longer have anything to satisfy the adrenaline junkie in me haha.
    They’re very inquisitive they said. Such a joy to work with they said. lol
    Oh man do they hate having their tails messed with! Never seen a snake react so fast as when I touch either Phyllis or Gerald’s tail to coax them back into their cages. Lightning quick reflexes hahaha. I commented to my breeder friend how Phyllis was thrilled about me having to deal with her snagged lip one time and his response was “Lmao! Pinch her tail...” 🤣
    As far as long tongs and adrenaline rush, Phyllis is still quite the adrenaline boost when feeding even with 40” tongs. She means serious, dangerous business when it comes to food. She hasn’t missed a shot in months but when she does my heart sure does skip a beat. 20lbs of teeth and muscle flying ~3’ out of the cage will get your attention quick fast and in a hurry

Last edited by jmcrook; 05-02-2018 at 12:59 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (05-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

They’re very inquisitive they said. Such a joy to work with they said. lol
    Oh man do they hate having their tails messed with! Never seen a snake react so fast as when I touch either Phyllis or Gerald’s tail to coax them back into their cages. Lightning quick reflexes hahaha. I commented to my breeder friend how Phyllis was thrilled about me having to deal with her snagged lip one time and his response was “Lmao! Pinch her tail...” 🤣
    As far as long tongs and adrenaline rush, Phyllis is still quite the adrenaline boost when feeding even with 40” tongs. She means serious, dangerous business when it comes to food. She hasn’t missed a shot in months but when she does my heart sure does skip a beat. 20lbs of teeth and muscle flying ~3’ out of the cage will get your attention quick fast and in a hurry

Haha. Yeah the 42 inch tongs are heaven. So for me, it's like those shaving cream commercials with the guy sliding on his belly down a soap slide with those the big tongs compared to the sphincter puckering rollercoaster ride of the BBQ tongs lol.

And yeah, no one told me about retics and their tails. The first time i found out was when Caesar was on his shelf and knocked his Acurite off and i went to put it back up and shoved his tail with it. He spun around and almost got my arm. Was so quick, not sure if his mouth was open or not but he hit my arm. Now i just do it to get him all worked up sometimes haha. One day i'll probably get tagged and scream like a girl and pee myself but until then, its fun getting Caesar all worked up sometimes.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Haha. Yeah the 42 inch tongs are heaven. So for me, it's like those shaving cream commercials with the guy sliding on his belly down a soap slide with those the big tongs compared to the sphincter puckering rollercoaster ride of the BBQ tongs lol.

And yeah, no one told me about retics and their tails. The first time i found out was when Caesar was on his shelf and knocked his Acurite off and i went to put it back up and shoved his tail with it. He spun around and almost got my arm. Was so quick, not sure if his mouth was open or not but he hit my arm. Now i just do it to get him all worked up sometimes haha. One day i'll probably get tagged and scream like a girl and pee myself but until then, its fun getting Caesar all worked up sometimes.
    LOL! I did not know about the tail thing and was putting Rainbow back the other day. She was going in her enclosure and slowed to a stop. Was trying to help her get that tail in and went to lift it. She whipped me with her tail smacking my hand and looked at me like "How rude!"

Quick question. I went to take her out last night and she greeted me at the door face first. I tapped her side to get her to turn her head but she kept moving it back. She knew I was taking her out. Not sure if she was challenging me or was just ready for some freedom? She was not tensed up but was looking me right in the face. I did get her to turn eventually but she was determined for a min to come out face first. No issues once out though. I am gentle with her and she is gentle with me. Was this her way of saying no she doesn't want out or just saying ok I am ready?

So much to learn about my big girl.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 531 Posts

Ya'll are a bad influence....now I want to go mess with my little guys tail to see his reaction.
    Silent Hill Reptiles and Rodents
    https://www.silenthillreptiles.com/

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines
    1.2 Japanese rat, 1.3 natrix n. natrix
    6.1 Balls, 1.0 orange Halloween ATB, 1.0 bci

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
    Ya'll are a bad influence....now I want to go mess with my little guys tail to see his reaction.
    I guess it is the same as grabbing a sexy woman's booty without permission. LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    I guess it is the same as grabbing a sexy woman's booty without permission. LOL
    Or grabbing anyone’s anything without their permission... Consent is not just important, it is mandatory.

Thanks

Or grabbing anyone’s anything without their permission... Consent is not just important, it is mandatory.

So true.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
    ATBs generally have the same reaction, you have one, so go mess with it's tail too.
    (evil laugh)
    For the Horde!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-02-2018),Team Slytherin (05-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

My Olive is the same. If you touch the last 6 inches of her tail, it’s instant attack!
    Last edited by Reinz; 05-02-2018 at 01:11 PM.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Gio (05-06-2018),jmcrook (05-02-2018)

Page 53 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast