Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,023

4 members and 3,019 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Decided to go with paper eh? If you are going to use that. Check into this stuff. I know a lot of the boa breeders use. Me and Skip Frye had a chat about using it over substrate. This is for the 2 foot deep cages. Would have to change it for the 30 inch deep cages. https://www.uline.com/Product/Detail...Flute-24-x-250
    Just on paper while her mouth is healing up. I've got 6 blocks of pro coco on standby. Just didn't want dirt and stuff getting into her swollen face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (03-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Just on paper while her mouth is healing up. I've got 6 blocks of pro coco on standby. Just didn't want dirt and stuff getting into her swollen face

Weenie!! Rub some dirt on it and go back to work!! Thats what i was always told when i was a kid and fell lol. I've pretty much accepted that Caesar will always have some scrape on him as he is like a wreckless little kid haha. I got him a big potted Pothos and he seems to love it. He has wrapped around it and been inspecting it haha. Gonna get the big boas and Caesar each another big Pothos for the cool sides later as they arent cheap. I remember when plants were cheap as dirt lol. Now they are kind of expensive especially the big ones. I mean $50 for a big plant without a pot or dirt......
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-06-2018),Kcl (03-23-2018)

Thanks

Well, went 5 days after feeding and she’s been smashing her face in the cage doors all day... I give up. She’s just going to eat every 5-6 days and get fat I guess? That or have a permanently disfigured face

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (03-17-2018)

Thanks

Well, went 5 days after feeding and she’s been smashing her face in the cage doors all day... I give up. She’s just going to eat every 5-6 days and get fat I guess? That or have a permanently disfigured face

Try a live plant!! Get yourself a decent sized potted pothos and see if that helps. I swear it has helped with Caesar a TON. He still will windshield wipe the doors sometimes when he wants attention but overall it has cut his pushing down to almost nothing. I am really thinking the smell of piss or ammonia or whatever was making him push to get out. The plant eliminates the odors. If it doesnt work, you will have a pet plant lol.

I say pothos since they seem to be the most easy to care for and are growing like weeds even under just LED cage lighting. The prayer plant is doing ok but not as nice looking as at the nursery lol. And the parlor palm looks like hell warmed over lol. Plus the snakes can kind of crawl on the pothos without wiping it out and it will grow like a ground vine so will look pretty nice once it starts growing outward.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 03-17-2018 at 01:32 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-17-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Try a live plant!! Get yourself a decent sized potted pothos and see if that helps. I swear it has helped with Caesar a TON. He still will windshield wipe the doors sometimes when he wants attention but overall it has cut his pushing down to almost nothing. I am really thinking the smell of piss or ammonia or whatever was making him push to get out. The plant eliminates the odors. If it doesnt work, you will have a pet plant lol.

I say pothos since they seem to be the most easy to care for and are growing like weeds even under just LED cage lighting. The prayer plant is doing ok but not as nice looking as at the nursery lol. And the parlor palm looks like hell warmed over lol. Plus the snakes can kind of crawl on the pothos without wiping it out and it will grow like a ground vine so will look pretty nice once it starts growing outward.
    Lol I’ll give it a shot. I could take out her cool side hide and put a plant over there I suppose. I think you’re underestimating the crushing power of Phyllis’s enormous body with that plant though hahaha! I wish you could come handle this snake and really see how huge she got. It’s crazy

Thanks

Lol I’ll give it a shot. I could take out her cool side hide and put a plant over there I suppose. I think you’re underestimating the crushing power of Phyllis’s enormous body with that plant though hahaha! I wish you could come handle this snake and really see how huge she got. It’s crazy

Lol, well Caesar inspected his plant for a few days mostly by just sticking his head in there. He never tried to climb through it though. Here is hopefully a helpful pic. I couldnt really open the door more as Caesar was stretched out on the other side on the litter dam during his nightly open door sessions haha. The pot is is 8 inches across i think and made from terra cotta. Just the plain pot. The roughness would also work well as something to rub on the help shed too. I just put the plant in front of the closed side of the hide. So Caesar still has full access to his cool hide and can still sit on top of it but the plant gives him a sense of 'cover' too as it is starting to vine so it can overhang the hide entrance a little.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-17-2018)

Thanks

Oh and i can imagine. Destructo Dottie tried to sit and curl up on top of the Poor Prayer plant which is why it is kind of messed up looking lol. She basically flattened it so i took it out and put it in Gina's cage and it is starting to kind of look like a plant again haha.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (03-17-2018)

Thanks

Phyllis got a plant... and nothing else changed. Pooped at day 5 like usual and then began her destruction program as usual. Gonna try adding belly heat and see if that fixes anything just because she curled up on the top of her cage above her RHP when I let her out to cruise the room last night and stayed there for close to an hour. She initially began pushing when she moved into her full T8 in September/October of 2016, previous to that she had belly heat when she was in half of a T8 and in her 20L before that. Pretty confident I’ve tried everything else that could be a reason for pushing aside from her potentially looking to breed but I won’t even consider trying that until next season if at all

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

67temp (03-23-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 531 Posts

What are all the things that you have tried without luck to stop the pushing?
    Silent Hill Reptiles and Rodents
    https://www.silenthillreptiles.com/

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines
    1.2 Japanese rat, 1.3 natrix n. natrix
    6.1 Balls, 1.0 orange Halloween ATB, 1.0 bci

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 67temp View Post
    What are all the things that you have tried without luck to stop the pushing?
    Increased temps, lowered temps, increased humidity, lowered humidity, coco chip bedding to aspen to coco to paper back to coco, bigger hides, smaller hides, extra hides, less hides, bigger prey less frequently, smaller prey more frequently, larger prey more frequently, alternating smaller and larger prey from week to week, added cage clutter, reduced cage clutter, gave her water bottle “toys” to push around, live plant cover and fake plant cover, daily free roaming sessions in the room or yard for at least an hour, larger water bowl, smaller water bowl, every possible combination of all of the above variables. Only two things I haven’t tried yet is putting her back in a 4’ cage. Currently in a 72”x30”x18”, I could put her back in her old 48”x24”x12” but that would barely be enough room for her and the water bowl definitely no room for hides. Just added flexwatt back under her warm hide to see if that fixes anything but she’s due to eat tonight anyway so that will keep her quiet for 4-5 days... then back to destroying her face

Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast