Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,813

0 members and 2,813 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Latest update on Phyllis. Just shed last night and looking great even though she's not real fired up at the moment.
    Got a serp widgets measurement on her just now and she's at about 4' 10".

Also made an epic bm and weighed in at 804 grams empty. I feel like she must have more rat left to pass because she weighed about 670 two feedings ago. Find it hard to believe she put on 134 grams in two weeks.
    Such a fun and curious snake. Keeps me on my toes in a very rewarding way and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jmcrook; 10-02-2016 at 06:42 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (10-02-2016),Kam (06-27-2018),MR Snakes (12-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post

Latest update on Phyllis. Just shed last night and looking great even though she's not real fired up at the moment.
    Got a serp widgets measurement on her just now and she's at about 4' 10".

Also made an epic bm and weighed in at 804 grams empty. I feel like she must have more rat left to pass because she weighed about 670 two feedings ago. Find it hard to believe she put on 134 grams in two weeks.
    Such a fun and curious snake. Keeps me on my toes in a very rewarding way and I love it.

That's good stuff!

Thanks for the update. I'm going to read up a bit more on this thread when I have time. Nice slow grower you have there and beautiful pattern to boot.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (10-02-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    That's good stuff!

Thanks for the update. I'm going to read up a bit more on this thread when I have time. Nice slow grower you have there and beautiful pattern to boot.
    Thanks, Gio! I'm awfully proud of her I must say. Seems to just get better and better every day. She's actually grown like a weed so far. She's 8 months old in about a week and has grown almost 3 feet since March 4th when I got her. Still tiny for a retic though which is what I was looking for. I'm expecting around 6-7' (parents were 5' dad 6' mom, WC Kalatoa imports) but at this rate I am prepared for 8' or more if she gets there.

Last edited by jmcrook; 10-02-2016 at 10:17 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (10-11-2016)

Thanks

Are there any Pure Kalatoa breeders left? Every search I do online seems to come up empty and most of the breeders recommended here in older threads seem to no longer be in business or their websites are no longer active. I am on the fence between a SD/Dwarf cross from Vital, or getting an actual pure Kalatoa. Any recent buyers? Where did you purchase your SD from?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RamMac View Post
    Are there any Pure Kalatoa breeders left? Every search I do online seems to come up empty and most of the breeders recommended here in older threads seem to no longer be in business or their websites are no longer active. I am on the fence between a SD/Dwarf cross from Vital, or getting an actual pure Kalatoa. Any recent buyers? Where did you purchase your SD from?
    I got mine from Daniel Solis/reptile avenue. He posted the clutch on Instagram last February and I just happened to come across it the day they started hatching and got first pick of them all. I've heard great things about vital but the % of mainland blood in them makes me wonder if they could possibly get bigger than 8-9' with heavy feeding. There is a distant possibility that a buddy of mine may breed one of his SD tigers to my Kalatoa when they're both up to size but that's a few years down the road if at all. Pure Kalatoa is hard to get your hands on for sure,
    But they're out there if you do a hard search. Good luck and let me know if you strike gold! Cheers!

Last edited by jmcrook; 10-11-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Thanks

I got mine from Daniel Solis/reptile avenue. He posted the clutch on Instagram last February and I just happened to come across it the day they started hatching and got first pick of them all. I've heard great things about vital but the % of mainland blood in them makes me wonder if they could possibly get bigger than 8-9' with heavy feeding. There is a distant possibility that a buddy of mine may breed one of his SD tigers to my Kalatoa when they're both up to size but that's a few years down the road if at all. Pure Kalatoa is hard to get your hands on for sure,
    But they're out there if you do a hard search. Good luck and let me know if you strike gold! Cheers!

I think I'm done searching for pure Kalatoas for now. It's very frustrating. I'll be attending the NARBC in Tinley this Saturday and depending on what I see there I might come home empty handed and purchase that SD/Dwarf tiger from Vital. I'm stuck between a Carpet or Retic although leaning more towards the retics. Unless I see an absolutely stunning Carpet this weekend I'll be getting the SD/Dwarf. Thanks for the reply though.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

I think I'm done searching for pure Kalatoas for now. It's very frustrating. I'll be attending the NARBC in Tinley this Saturday and depending on what I see there I might come home empty handed and purchase that SD/Dwarf tiger from Vital. I'm stuck between a Carpet or Retic although leaning more towards the retics. Unless I see an absolutely stunning Carpet this weekend I'll be getting the SD/Dwarf. Thanks for the reply though.
    I just ordered my SD/D White Albino Tiger from Vital Exotics. He should be here tomorrow. Nice looking Kalatoa. I thought about one when I first saw this thread but after looking for a couple days, I too gave up on it lol. Plus I've always been kind of a morph guy. I've given up trying to fight that too lol.

If you are bent on one though, I bet you could find something on one of the Retic FB pages. I see lots of stuff for sale there on the Super Dwarf and Dwarf Retic page.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I just ordered my SD/D White Albino Tiger from Vital Exotics. He should be here tomorrow. Nice looking Kalatoa. I thought about one when I first saw this thread but after looking for a couple days, I too gave up on it lol. Plus I've always been kind of a morph guy. I've given up trying to fight that too lol.

If you are bent on one though, I bet you could find something on one of the Retic FB pages. I see lots of stuff for sale there on the Super Dwarf and Dwarf Retic page.
    I'm still waiting on approval for the retic FB page. I managed to get accepted to a retic FB page in the UK .
    I do love the morphs more as well, especially retics. Retics have, in my opinion the best morphs out there even better than BPs. I might just get that SD/Dwarf tiger from Vital.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RamMac For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (10-11-2016)

Thanks

Yeah they're tough to find. I had been thinking about one for a couple years and then just happened to be looking in the right place at the right time. Those SD/Dwarf albinos and tigers from vital are some good looking critters though. Supposedly the males are imagined to top out at 5-7'

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

RamMac (10-11-2016)

Thanks

Yeah they're tough to find. I had been thinking about one for a couple years and then just happened to be looking in the right place at the right time. Those SD/Dwarf albinos and tigers from vital are some good looking critters though. Supposedly the males are imagined to top out at 5-7'

Yeah, Kris from Vital said they're expected tp stay between 5'-7', and although I don't think he's lying, I just don't think anything can be assured with having dwarf and Mainland blood. I believe he said the dad was in the 5' range and mom in the 8' range.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to RamMac For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (10-11-2016)

Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast