Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,812

2 members and 2,810 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 18 of 106 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

You guys are killing me with these beautiful retics! Your girl looks great crook!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (12-30-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Looks good. And yeah, we'll see how the feeding schedule goes lol. Right as I said, Caesar is happy on a 7 day schedule, he starts camping the sliding door that always opens for food. Retics are pretty darn smart. Phyllis is getting that armored raptor head look. I love that look on retics.

Have you tried quail and chicks for Phyllis yet? I swear it makes Caesar's poop not as stinky as when he eats rats. Plus he freakin loves poultry....well he actually just loves food but he seems to grab the poultry quicker when offered.
    I'll probably keep her on a 7-10 day schedule and see how it goes. She shed last night and hasn't shown any signs of pushing since. Fingers crossed she's growing out of that. Yeah she's starting to grow out of her bug eyed little noodle stage and developing that nice muscular dinosaur head haha!
    I'd be interested to try chicks and quail with her but I don't have a source near me that I'm aware of at the moment. I could order them but I don't have the freezer space to make an online order worth the shipping. I'm sure she'd go bonkers for something with feathers haha! Pretty sure that Kalatoa island is a migratory bird nesting site, so I'd guess her brain is wired for birds when they're available. Really her brain is just wired to eat anything that moves any time she can. Would be nice to make her bowels less stinky, they can be pretty rank sometimes lol like the several ounces of piss I had to clean out of the carpet earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (12-30-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
    You guys are killing me with these beautiful retics! Your girl looks great crook!
    Thanks ziggy! You should jump on board! Such inquisitive and smart snakes, definitely the most exciting and interesting snake I've worked with. Phyllis's mom laid a clutch about a month or two ago, should be hatching around late January or February I'd guess. Reptile avenue/Daniel Solis produced them

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    I'll probably keep her on a 7-10 day schedule and see how it goes. She shed last night and hasn't shown any signs of pushing since. Fingers crossed she's growing out of that. Yeah she's starting to grow out of her bug eyed little noodle stage and developing that nice muscular dinosaur head haha!
    I'd be interested to try chicks and quail with her but I don't have a source near me that I'm aware of at the moment. I could order them but I don't have the freezer space to make an online order worth the shipping. I'm sure she'd go bonkers for something with feathers haha! Pretty sure that Kalatoa island is a migratory bird nesting site, so I'd guess her brain is wired for birds when they're available. Really her brain is just wired to eat anything that moves any time she can. Would be nice to make her bowels less stinky, they can be pretty rank sometimes lol like the several ounces of piss I had to clean out of the carpet earlier.

Haha i'm still blessed with Caesar not being a pisser on me. What he seems to love to do is curl up between my arm and belly and just go to sleep there. And yeah his poop smelled like death when I got him but since the poultry, his poop doesn't really smell that bad anymore. I mean its poop and doesn't smell like roses but also doesn't smell strong enough to peel paint anymore. The coco husk might be helping too. I actually have a hard time finding piss now with the coco husk. I mostly just have to clean up an area around any white urate I find. I might start changing his substrate every 1.5 months and just switch to that Plant It/Grow It stuff to help save cash. And also, Caesar doesn't seem to push too much anymore either. I mean he never was a big pusher but he would push some when hungry. Now he just camps the 'food door' and if nothing comes quick enough, he will sit with his head on the litter dam looking out haha.

I bet Phyllis would go bonkers for feathers. I know Vicky and Caesar love it. Rosey is just painful to watch her eat poultry so I probably will just stick to rabbits and rats for her and maybe small chicks and quails until she figures how to eat them efficiently. Caesar and Vicky are pro at it.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

How long is she at this point?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by o.r hill View Post
    How long is she at this point?
    Hard to get an accurate measurement on her but she's somewhere between 5.5-6 feet or so. She'll be 11 months in about two weeks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

o.r hill (12-30-2016)

Thanks

Regarding the quail, i have seen plucked and cleaned ones at a local Asian market. I think she could eat four of them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to o.r hill For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (12-30-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    4 of them!!?? Holy cow lol. Quail get pretty decent size. Caesar who is 4' give or take eats a 2 week old quail every week as his normal amount. On times when Dottie decides she isn't hungry, Caesar gets a small rat with the quail and after that, he is pretty stuffed lol. Looks like a little sausage as he pushes himself away with his tail haha.

You could try the Asian market I guess but I would think the feathers would help "clean" out her system. kind of like us eating more fiber for healthier poops lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

The ones in that package looked teeny. Maybe two per oven stuffer chicken leg full of meat. I share your concern that feeding featureless (and gutless) food items may shortchange them. I alternate F/T rats and poultry. I get the impression that the rats keep them fuller feeling longer. Still I like having the alternative.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

[QU OTE=o.r hill;2493903]The ones in that package looked teeny. Maybe two per oven stuffer chicken leg full of meat. I share your concern that feeding featureless (and gutless) food items may shortchange them. I alternate F/T rats and poultry. I get the impression that the rats keep them fuller feeling longer. Still I like having the alternative.[/QUOTE]

Maybe for an occasional change !?

It's something that crossed my mind as I our local Tesco we can get a whole uncooked chicken for a quid / dollar LESS than the local snake shop charges me for a large rat but it just seems such a waste giving a whole chicken to a snake !?
    Last edited by Zincubus; 01-01-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Page 18 of 106 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast