Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,384

2 members and 3,382 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Haven't updated in a while. Had Phyllis out earlier to do a full cage cleaning and got a pic for a serp widgets measurement. I'm beginning to question the accuracy of that app because I've been using the same ruler every time and today she measured in at 5'6". Three weeks ago she measured 5'10" using the same 24" ruler for reference. No possible way she shrunk 4".
    Still pushing a bit about 5 days after feeding. She's been metabolizing a medium rat in about 4-5 days now. Absolutely insatiable. Super chill for those first 4-5 days but as soon as she drops a deuce she's pacing the cage and pushing at everything. Digging under her hides, under branches, no abrasions though. I've still got the gap between the door and cage lip filled with foam core and mat board so she can't jam her whole head in there.

Side note, broke into my first block of actual reptichip (not an off brand) and I'm sold! Used maybe 1/4-1/3 of the block and covered two T8s and still have a good bit in a tub for spot cleaning. This stuff expands incredibly, has zero dust, and holds great humidity without being wet to the touch. Still my only criticism is that it's really dark so it's hard to see pee messes at a glance, but if you've got bright colored critters they'll look amazing on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome man. Well the serp widget will give you different measurements if you have the dots at different locations each time if that makes sense. I believe he said it has some fluctuations in accuracy. It gives you a general idea though.

And haha, your Phyllis sounds like Caesar. A saint until the food lump wears off, then its poop time and off to the races for more food lol.

As for the Reptichips, that's awesome. I was wondering how much I would need to all my cages. Looks like 1 block will be enough to do all 6 cages for me. I still got almost 2 bails of aspen left so once they are done, i'll order me up probably like 6 or 7 of those Reptichip blocks.

Haha I see you got the lock on on that last pic. I have yet to actually lock my cages. They haven't learned how to slide the doors open yet lol. I see that F10 also. I love that stuff. And you got the same water dish I got for Caesar lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (11-22-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

For real, she is an absolute angel with food in her belly and as soon as she takes a dump turns into the devil incarnate. As I'm typing this she is pushing at literally every single item in the cage and with some serious vigor. Might have to plug a rat in her face to chill her out even though she ate a medium rat 5 nights ago. It may also be correlated to doing a full cage clean too. I seem to recall her tossing things about when I moved her into the half T8, anytime I did full cleanings in there, and again when I gave her the full cage 2 months ago. She's going absolutely hulk mode on everything right now. I can only imagine what she'd do to her face if she could cram it in the gap between the glass and the cage lip.
    Yeah, I lock them if only for peace of mind. I don't think she could slide it open, but the way she's pushing at things right now I feel like she realistically could. Just started using the F10 SC and SCXD a handful of months back and I love it too! I think your water dish is the next size up though. Pretty sure mine is the large size, and I've got the extra large in the Geoffrey's cage above Phyllis. Great water bowls either way.
    Last edited by jmcrook; 11-22-2016 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

For real, she is an absolute angel with food in her belly and as soon as she takes a dump turns into the devil incarnate. As I'm typing this she is pushing at literally every single item in the cage and with some serious vigor. Might have to plug a rat in her face to chill her out even though she ate a medium rat 5 nights ago. It may also be correlated to doing a full cage clean too. I seem to recall her tossing things about when I moved her into the half T8, anytime I did full cleanings in there, and again when I gave her the full cage 2 months ago. She's going absolutely hulk mode on everything right now. I can only imagine what she'd do to her face if she could cram it in the gap between the glass and the cage lip.
    Yeah, I lock them if only for peace of mind. I don't think she could slide it open, but the way she's pushing at things right now I feel like she realistically could. Just started using the F10 SC and SCXD a handful of months back and I love it too! I think your water dish is the next size up though. Pretty sure mine is the large size, and I've got the extra large in the Geoffrey's cage above Phyllis. Great water bowls either way.
    Hey, go at least 24" tall and 30" deep.
    AP can and will do it for you. 6 wide with the other two dimensions and you'll be set !!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (11-23-2016)

Thanks
    Get the shelf for sure. Caesar likes playing around on his shelf and sitting on top of it.

Lol, Caesar doesn't go hulk mode. He just cruises around all over and stuffs his head around the edges and windshield wipes the glass and then wanders off again. I got the extra large dish. Caesar might go hulk mode though when he gets older lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 11-23-2016 at 12:03 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (11-23-2016)

Thanks

Yeah I'm definitely getting the shelf whenever I make an upgrade. Gotta start saving my pennies, 6' cage is gonna be a doozy with a shelf and RHP and locks, etc... then I'll also have an empty T8 that will tempt me to get another critter lol!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (11-23-2016)

Thanks

Yeah I'm definitely getting the shelf whenever I make an upgrade. Gotta start saving my pennies, 6' cage is gonna be a doozy with a shelf and RHP and locks, etc... then I'll also have an empty T8 that will tempt me to get another critter lol!

Haha so true. I gotta save my pennies for like 3 of those T25s. Figure i'll get 2 in the spring for the boas as they need it more than Caesar right now. Then probably in the fall, i'll get one for Caesar. And yeah, that's what got me my dumerils, JCP and retic, having extra cages. Luckily for me, once I get the boas and Caesar into the T25s, the T10s will be used for Dottie, Luna and Allison. But then i'll have 2 glass tanks and the Pro Line empty. By then it might be time for another retic lol.

I really want a pied tiger SD but they aren't made yet. Been thinking of maybe a pied tiger mainland male but I cave easy to my animals begging for food lol so the male might turn into some monster. Also might break down and finally get a BCC. Either a Pucallpa or Iquitos which actually might be the better choice so you all don't read about the guy in seattle who got eaten by his retic lol.

Thanks

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Haha so true. I gotta save my pennies for like 3 of those T25s. Figure i'll get 2 in the spring for the boas as they need it more than Caesar right now. Then probably in the fall, i'll get one for Caesar. And yeah, that's what got me my dumerils, JCP and retic, having extra cages. Luckily for me, once I get the boas and Caesar into the T25s, the T10s will be used for Dottie, Luna and Allison. But then i'll have 2 glass tanks and the Pro Line empty. By then it might be time for another retic lol.

I really want a pied tiger SD but they aren't made yet. Been thinking of maybe a pied tiger mainland male but I cave easy to my animals begging for food lol so the male might turn into some monster. Also might break down and finally get a BCC. Either a Pucallpa or Iquitos which actually might be the better choice so you all don't read about the guy in seattle who got eaten by his retic lol.
    Lol I'll keep my eyes peeled for that news report! I actually have a brother that lives in Seattle so he'd probably hear about it and tell me haha. I also cave easy for snakes begging for food. Thawed a couple rats for Geoffrey and Phyllis a couple hours ago to see if that would calm her down. Geoffrey turned down his meal (Which will probably be the case until March/April/May?) so Phyllis won the lottery and got two rats tonight, small and medium. As I predicted, she promptly chilled the EFF out and is lounging in a hella food coma. With my luck she'll be hungry again by morning...
    Last edited by jmcrook; 11-23-2016 at 03:40 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (11-23-2016)

Thanks
    Haha. Yeah my BP usually goes on food strike from Nov to Mar but for some odd reason she has eaten 2 meals the past 2 weeks. I stuffed a F/T small rat into her hide and bumped it on her body a few times and all heck broke loose and she slammed them lol. So I have no idea whats up with her. I gave up trying to figure her out a long time ago lol.

And yeah that food coma will last about 4 days lol. Then will come the poop followed by destruction in your case. I so glad Caesar doesn't destroy his cage lol. He just paces all over lol.

Vicky actually dropped a deuce and started pacing the front of her cage. I couldn't understand it as she ate last night but when I looked, sure enough, a deuce. So I pulled her out let her sit on me while I cleaned and F10 the area and added more aspen. Then I put her back and started vacuuming as I dropped aspen all over the floor and guess who shows up to see what the excitement is about.....its Caesar with his head at the door looking at me lol. It's like Caesar you ate last night, wtf you hungry again in 24 hours!!?? lol. When there was no dinner, he went back into his warm hide and just had his nose sticking out lol.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 11-23-2016 at 03:49 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (11-23-2016)

Thanks

Latest update on queen Phyllis haha. Ate a small and medium rat 11-22, passed both of them in 5 days then promptly went into shed. On day 10 now since she last ate and zero pushing. I attribute that to being in blue but this is marked improvement from pacing the cage every 4-6 days lol. Might see how a smaller size or less frequent meal plan goes over a week or two after she sheds and see if she still pushes all crazy when she gets hungry.

Deep in blue. Wrinkly and lazy and miserable hah. Should have a new coat of paint probably Sunday, maybe Monday.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Haha nice. Yeah I've noticed their activity seems to be food driven lol. Full stomach and they are quiet and just "inspect" things that come by. Empty stomach and they shoot out to the front of the cage when things go by and if that fails, they actively cruise around lol.

Too funny, Caesar is going into shed too.

I'll bet Phyllis goes back to pushing and pacing when you lower her food intake!!

Page 13 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast