Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,339

2 members and 3,337 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Congrats! That's a stunning critter you got. What % SD is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I asked the breeder . Reckons it's a 37.5% and the dad was 6' , mum was under 8' so he 'should' be a smallish fella hopefully .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Phyllis shed today! Here you go, Gio, Sauzo, all others following. Incredibly difficult to get good pictures of her but here's a few attempts. I'll update with her latest serp widgets measurement soon, got an overhead pic of her next to a 24" ruler for reference.

One small piece of stuck shed that came right off once I got her out

Climbing on the mast of my easel leaned on my flat files

And lastly, to give an idea of her length. I'm only 5'4" so that makes her look bigger by comparison lol. Still getting sizable for a Kalatoa though.
    Such a curious thing that absolutely never sits still. Such a joy

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-23-2018),Gio (11-08-2016),o.r hill (11-08-2016),Sauzo (11-08-2016)

Thanks

Serp widgets measurement has her length at 5' 9". She's going to be a big girl and sooner than later at this pace. She could be 6.5' by her first bday. Anymore I'm fully expecting an 8-9' snake and will just be pleasantly surprised if she ends up smaller.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (06-23-2018),Gio (11-08-2016),Zincubus (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Looking great. Love the colors and pattern. Nice and lean too. Thanks for posting those.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (11-08-2016)

Thanks

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Thanks Gio. Very lean and trim indeed. At about 2' longer than my ball python (3' 10") she still weighs 3-400 grams less than Geoffrey who hovers around 1300-1400 grams. She's still got some serious sausage but going on with having eaten two small/medium rats in the last couple weeks, I'll get her on the scale and post an update after she clears her bowels hah. Definitely doesn't feel like like she's nearly 6' when she's in hand which I attribute to her much slighter build compared to other larger constrictors. Certainly will be a lot of snake to handle if/when she tops 8 feet. I Better start saving for a 6' cage!

Last edited by jmcrook; 11-08-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Cool snake. And looks like you already mentioned the sausage butt lol. Was going to say. And all you guys with your lean and trim garbage!! I like my women thick!! I would say I like my men thick too but that would just sound weird and kind of creepy! With that said, Caesar is my power man and eats like a real meat and potato mountain man!! And dang that is a skinny snake at 6'. I'm used to my boa lol. Better slow down on feeding man or that snake will be sizing you up for dinner soon lol. She's already bigger than you I love the look of retic heads.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Cool snake. And looks like you already mentioned the sausage butt lol. Was going to say. And all you guys with your lean and trim garbage!! I like my women thick!! I would say I like my men thick too but that would just sound weird and kind of creepy! With that said, Caesar is my power man and eats like a real meat and potato mountain man!! And dang that is a skinny snake at 6'. I'm used to my boa lol. Better slow down on feeding man or that snake will be sizing you up for dinner soon lol. She's already bigger than you I love the look of retic heads.
    Lol I just narrowly avoided getting pooped all over by her. Took an epic s**t and then put her on the scales... 978 grams! She's still got some rat in her from her last feeding 4 days ago, so that's not a truly empty weight. Definitely at or above 900 grams though. 16 times her weight when she arrived. You guys just wait... Phyllis was about the same size as your SD/Dwarf tigers at that 5 months. Curious to see how our differing feeding schedules influence their sizes.
    Haha I tried cutting back her feeding and she retaliated by smashing the hell out of her face, which is all healed up by the way. I posted in the face rubbing thread earlier. I'd rather have a larger snake that doesn't destroy its face than a smaller one with a jacked up grill lol.

Last edited by jmcrook; 11-08-2016 at 10:08 PM.

Thanks
    Haha, I want to see the projectile poo pictures. And we'll see abut the size. I mean Caesar has definitely grown and I think he is going into his 2nd shed since I've had him which has been almost a month. He freakin loves to eat. Even wth his wrinkly little head last night, he popped his head over his hide when I slide the door open looking at me like "dinner!!??". I was like dang Caesar, you just dropped a deuce,you're going into shed, you just ate a weaned rat, an adult mouse and a small rat all on Thursday, and you want more food again!!?? That didn't please him much so he went back behind his hide lol. So I pulled him out, held him for awhile while I cleaned the deuce with 1 hand and he curled up on my hand/arm and hung out. Then I put him down on the bed and he curled up under the blanket while I F10 the poo spot and put new aspen back in. Then I picked him back up and he curled back up on my arm. When he's in shed, all he really does is curl up on me and sit there lol. Such a lounger. Pretty much like my avatar except elongated so he uses my whole forearm lol.

How often are you feeding Phyllis? Isnt it the same as Gio and I? And good that her face is healed up.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 11-08-2016 at 10:43 PM.

Thanks

lol I unfortunately already cleaned up the poo mess/flushed it so no pictures. I saw her start to lift her tail while she was out and I aimed her at the toilet hahah! It was huge
    Yeah dude, they'll eat in shed, with a full belly, 10 minutes after they just ate, whenever. Phyllis ate a small/medium rat 4 days ago and popped right to attention as soon as I put the key in the sliding door lock. "Human! More rodents at once!!!" Chilled out as soon as I tapped her with the hook and got her out.
    I was following about the same schedule as you for feeding. Hopper mice every 4-5 days until she was on adult mice, then small mice at the same rate. then 2 mice every 5 days until she was on small rats. then I moved her to every 5-6 days. Now she's on 90-100ish gram rats every 7 days. Her next batch of rats are a bit bigger so she may get a 7-10 day schedule as she moves on to legit medium sized rats.
    Yeah, I was super relieved to see a clean, white underside of her chin when she shed yesterday. Back to her normal self. Even used one of her hides today lol, been a month probably since she had used either of them.

Last edited by jmcrook; 11-08-2016 at 10:57 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    Lol nice. And no I don't want to see the poop. I want to see her poop on you Its always fun to see that stuff on anyone except yourself haha.

Ok so yeah about the same feeding schedule as I do. I think Gio spaces his feedings out like 10 days. I feed Caesar 2 adult mice every 4-5 days. He is graduating to weaned rats every 4-5 days now as the one he ate Thursday, he got so excited he ate it butt first with no problem lol. The small rat he ate after seemed kind of big still as I don't really like to see them stretch that much during feedings even if they can so i'll stick to weaned rats until his next shed, then he might upgrade to small rats.

Good sign for the hide lol. Guess she is mellowing out.

Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast