Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,818

4 members and 2,814 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1058
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Trust me I sympathize with him zina10. Mad respect for him and all he has and is doing. I am sure he feels like a parent with a new born baby that cries and cries but can't talk to say what is wrong. All to often we wish our animals could talk and communication was easier when things go wrong. I am sure she is doing her best to let him know but her way of communicating is so vague that he has no way of knowing what is going on.

I know is up to him when enough is enough. I hope he finds a solution soon.

Have you thought about something like this being nearby?

Ultrasonic Electronic Driving Device for Expelling Pest Mouse Mice Snake Insects Waterproof Repellent Expelling Device for Hotel Garden Farm In the Open Air Outdoor Solar Energy Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072HRBV5N..._lNZ0Bb5M68MX8

Might be worth asking your neighbors. I know snakes don't have ears but they do feel vibrations.

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk
    This behavior, as stated multiple times throughout this lengthy thread, has persisted for two years through two different states, three different enclosures, and three different residences. I am dead certain it’s not a vibration from a neighbor/electronic pest repellent.
    If she would just eat I think we’d be in the clear. If she does end up being placed elsewhere it will only be with someone willing, ready, and able to do at least everything I have tried at a moments notice and that I have thoroughly vetted in a most scrutinizing manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jmcrook; 10-26-2018 at 01:10 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (10-26-2018),zina10 (10-26-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Dude,

I'm at a loss. I'm super bummed as you were a person that got me thinking I should snatch this species up. While it did work out for me, I'm really bummed you've had two that have caused so many issues.

A very experienced retic buddy of mine said some retics just push. He followed up by saying he would never own one that does.

This hobby ins't about being miserable, and clearly you are there.

Do what you have to do brother.

Enough time and money!

Not worth it to either you or the animal to continue this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (10-26-2018)

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    A very experienced retic buddy of mine said some retics just push. He followed up by saying he would never own one that does.
    Yes, I agree, some are just pushers. It's not fun and not one I'd want to keep either. We've been very luck in that respect.

I am terribly sorry JM, I really wish there was an easy solution and you have tried so much. Anyone reading this can see how much love and effort you've put into this girl. I cannot even begin to imagine the frustration you are feeling.

Perhaps the breeder would be willing to take her back?

Whatever you decide, do what is right for *you*.
    Wishing you luck and peace.
    For the Horde!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

Gio (10-26-2018),tttaylorrr (10-26-2018),zina10 (10-26-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Super bummed to see the latest updates to Phyllis. Wishing you the best man.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 531 Posts

JM, whatever the outcome is I hope the solution comes quickly, for the both yours and Phyllis's sake.
    Silent Hill Reptiles and Rodents
    https://www.silenthillreptiles.com/

1.4 Carpet pythons
    15.21 Corn snakes
    1.1 of SD reticulated pythons, cali kings,black house snakes,trans-pecos,northern pines
    1.2 Japanese rat, 1.3 natrix n. natrix
    6.1 Balls, 1.0 orange Halloween ATB, 1.0 bci

Thanks

Thanks you everyone. Was talking to another retic friend on FB that said they had a female literally push itself to death. Trying to keep my composure and weigh my options as far as final solutions for the both of us. I don’t know what will end up happening but I’m sure whatever the decision is, it will not be an easy one to make. Secretly hoping that she’ll eat soon and things will shape up. Her lips are just getting swollen again as she refuses to quit pushing ever...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (11-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

I wish I had some words of wisdom or ideas that would help. I can’t think of a thing that you haven’t already tried. Best wishes to you both.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Thanks you everyone. Was talking to another retic friend on FB that said they had a female literally push itself to death. Trying to keep my composure and weigh my options as far as final solutions for the both of us. I don’t know what will end up happening but I’m sure whatever the decision is, it will not be an easy one to make. Secretly hoping that she’ll eat soon and things will shape up. Her lips are just getting swollen again as she refuses to quit pushing ever...

Does she always push in the same spot? Or generally, just at the edges of each door or the middle support (where fresh air flows in, telling her thats the way out) ?
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Does she always push in the same spot? Or generally, just at the edges of each door or the middle support (where fresh air flows in, telling her thats the way out) ?
    Most generally at gaps in between the doors, but elsewhere in the cage as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    I know my thoughts will be far out there, and not well developed yet.

Just thinking of some stuff..

Knowing that Retics are a species that usually travel for miles, and actively hunt for food, I wonder if some of them just have it hard wired into them to "travel". If they could get, in a way, claustrophobic. Perhaps their instinct tells them to get moving.

I have seen certain cushioned mats, usually some form or yoga mat, that are made out of a very cushioned but "slick" smooth material. Do you think it would help to line the inside of the cage with something like that. She could still push her face into it, but it has give.

The doors are more challenging. The snake knows that is where the cage opens, I also believe they feel the "air" moving in from there. However, you have to have doors. And then there are the gaps between doors. Can't really cushion them from the inside. I wonder, though, could those doors be replaced by some sort of plexi plastic glass? You could then cut a round hole into each of those doors and then connect a big tunnel, either going from one door in a big loop to the other door. Or. From one door to yet another cage that is nearby. Or go more elaborate and have that tunnel travel up and around, or along the walls ?

That may sound weird, but sort of like a over sized "hamster cage". Perhaps if she had somewhere to go, out of those doors, she wouldn't push trying to get out. Perhaps going into a tunnel , into another cage, or in a big loop around back into her own cage she would feel like she is "moving". Basically a big endless loop she could take.

What that tunnel could be made out of , I don't know. There are ready made bendable structures, but how solid they would be, I don't know. There is the possible problem of her relieving herself in the tunnel.

You could always swap the doors to the glass ones if you need her to stay in the cage.

I know this may sound really out there, and its just preliminary thoughts that flit through my brain. I just have a feeling that her instinct wants her to be on the move. And if you provide a endless circle, she always has somewhere to go to?

Of course that may be impossible to do or to far out there, or plain not work.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast