Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,872

0 members and 2,872 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 41 of 106 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Just have heard varying opinions on whether the higher fat content of gp can lead to fat snakes in the long run. I think with retics metabolism it shouldn't be a huge issue though. Phyllis is already cruising her cage at day four after eating 600grams of rat haha. She's been enjoying a nice cruise in either the yard or the snake room for an hour ish every other day or so and that seems to make her happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah. Yeah I vary it. Caesar gets rats or guinea pigs. Rats don't keep him nearly as quiet for as long though. And I leave his door open when I'm watching tv or playing PS4 so he lowers himself to the floor and wanders around when he wants. I still have to snake proof a couple things in the room so I cant really just let him wander anywhere in the room yet.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (09-23-2017)

Thanks
    Hey jmcrook, the little ones (or I guess now the not so little ones ) are looking good and happy! Question for you - have you ever had any issues with the T8 and the RHP when Phyllis was still in there in terms of the height, and how close she was to it due to her size? And by that, I mean Phyllis having extended contact with the RHP.

Also, what do you keep your snake room/area temps at? Our setups are almost identical and I want to see how your T8 holds up with the RHP - we keep the house between 72 and 74, usually closer to 74. Haven't had any issues with smaller cages, but the T8 is curing right now and I'll only be using the RHP as of now (unless there ends up being any ambient/cool end issues). I'm just not sure if it is enough alone with the jump in cage size. Thanks for your help my man!
    ~Collection~

1.1 Southern White-Lipped Python (Timika Locale) "Omen" & "Oracle"
    1.1 Timor Python "Envy" & "Enigma"
    1.1 Genetic Stripe Bredli Pythons
    1.1 Afors/Harris Line Bredli Pythons "Fire" & "Brimstone"
    1.1 Irian Jaya/Papuan Carpet Pythons 66% Het Granite
    1.0 Axanthic Pure Coastal Carpet Python
    0.1 Caramel Jaguar Het Axanthic Pure Coastal Carpet Python
    1.0 Piebald Ball Python "Starscream" (Son's snake)
    0.0.1 Aru Green Tree Python

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
    Hey jmcrook, the little ones (or I guess now the not so little ones ) are looking good and happy! Question for you - have you ever had any issues with the T8 and the RHP when Phyllis was still in there in terms of the height, and how close she was to it due to her size? And by that, I mean Phyllis having extended contact with the RHP.

Also, what do you keep your snake room/area temps at? Our setups are almost identical and I want to see how your T8 holds up with the RHP - we keep the house between 72 and 74, usually closer to 74. Haven't had any issues with smaller cages, but the T8 is curing right now and I'll only be using the RHP as of now (unless there ends up being any ambient/cool end issues). I'm just not sure if it is enough alone with the jump in cage size. Thanks for your help my man!
    Definitely not so little anymore! Pretty sure Phyllis is trying to break whatever the record could for world's largest super dwarf. I wouldn't be surprised if she hits 10'
    I haven't had any issues with the RHP in either of the T8s. My room also stays in the low to mid 70*range, I have the herpstat probes threaded through the power cord hole for the heat panels hanging just barely behind them and dangle the probe about halfway down the cage height and set at 87*. Gives a hotspot around 88-90* and keeps cool side around 79-81*.
    As far as extended exposure to the hotspot, Phyllis is very proactive about self regulating her temps, pushes any/everything out of her way to get to the area she wants haha! She really only hangs out under the panel after eating for the first night and part of the next day usually. In her T25 she's been sleeping on the shelf under the panel after meals.
    Gerald is in her T8 now with a new sky hide and he basically just stays in there aside from when he comes out to destroy everything every night. I think he's demanding larger rats lol. Mediums are barely cutting it for him now. But yeah, he rarely uses the hide under the RHP. Might drop the temp a degree or two and see if that changes.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Addiction (09-29-2017)

Thanks

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Fresh shed from Phyllis today. Was in shed for over a week and at 6-7 weeks since her last shed cycle. Longest she's gone since I've had her. Full shed measured a little over 10'! Of course there was significant stretch but it impressed me nonetheless.

100qt Hefty tub from lowes for size reference. Still between 8-9'ish and around the 10lb mark or so

Last edited by jmcrook; 10-12-2017 at 08:18 PM.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

cletus (10-12-2017),MD_Pythons (10-23-2017),o.r hill (11-05-2017),Sauzo (10-12-2017),Stearns84 (10-14-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Dang she is filling out. Looks good.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (10-14-2017)

Thanks

Super fired up and showing off her iridescence in the natural light while out for some exercise earlier this afternoon.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

MD_Pythons (10-23-2017),Sauzo (10-15-2017),Stearns84 (10-15-2017)

Thanks

Beautiful! Damn it's 55* today and rained like 7" in the last 2 days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Tina - 0.1 Pastel Ball Python
    Gene - 1.0 Platinum Dwarf Retic

Thanks
    Hey Jmcrook,

Did you use the supplied bolts from the Pro-Products rhps to attach them to your AP cages? Or were you able to find some screws that would attach them without going through the top of cage for ease of stacking purposes? Looks like your cages are flush, and I'm trying to not have to put holes through the top of the cage with the supplied bolts if I don't have to. Thanks man!
    ~Collection~

1.1 Southern White-Lipped Python (Timika Locale) "Omen" & "Oracle"
    1.1 Timor Python "Envy" & "Enigma"
    1.1 Genetic Stripe Bredli Pythons
    1.1 Afors/Harris Line Bredli Pythons "Fire" & "Brimstone"
    1.1 Irian Jaya/Papuan Carpet Pythons 66% Het Granite
    1.0 Axanthic Pure Coastal Carpet Python
    0.1 Caramel Jaguar Het Axanthic Pure Coastal Carpet Python
    1.0 Piebald Ball Python "Starscream" (Son's snake)
    0.0.1 Aru Green Tree Python

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Addiction View Post
    Hey Jmcrook,

Did you use the supplied bolts from the Pro-Products rhps to attach them to your AP cages? Or were you able to find some screws that would attach them without going through the top of cage for ease of stacking purposes? Looks like your cages are flush, and I'm trying to not have to put holes through the top of the cage with the supplied bolts if I don't have to. Thanks man!
    I actually had all three of my Pro-Heat panels drop shipped to AP and had them install them. Not sure if they use the same bolts or not. I can't remember on my T25 but I know the two T8s have one hole in the ceiling of the cage with a bolt in it. I believe they router a long channel with one hole to feed the bolts through, lightly tighten the first, then slide the panel into place and feed the second bolt in through the ceiling and tighten them. Hard to describe without a visual component haha, and I'm only describing what I think it is that they do to install the panels. Hope this is helpful!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Addiction (10-23-2017)

Thanks

Significant update on Phyllis. A few weeks ago she smashed her lip in striking at her rat. Didn't think much of it as she's done that before and I corrected itself in a week or so. She then went into shed, lip got a little better but still a tad swollen and hadn't been pushing. Wasn't too concerned until I saw a little pus spot on her gums when she ate the other day. Looked in her mouth and there was definitely some cheesy matter so I prepared a few q-tips with betadine and went to clean it up. Dug out a big chunk of gunk and inside of it were two teeth! Either she broke them when she dented her lip in or they've been broken for a wand may have been the source of her persistent pushing. Either way, going to check on her gums daily with a light betadine clean up to make sure it heals well. She's back on newspaper until her face is back to normal. Surprisingly wasn't the hardest patient to deal with, I expected much more of a fight. She seemed to noticeably calm down when she realized i was trying to get that crud out of her mouth.

Disgusting mouth crud

One of two teeth lodged in the crud

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (10-24-2017),Tonald Drump (11-17-2017)

Page 41 of 106 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast