Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,564

4 members and 1,560 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 43 of 106 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

I'm also thinking that she could be fine on smaller meals more frequently. She seems to process a rat of almost any size in about 5 days. Xl, 3xl, whatever. It's fully digested in 5 days. Kinda wish I had ordered xl or 2xl this last feeder order now. Those guinea pigs might be too big actually. I'm sure she could handle them but I don't know that she needs anything that big. Here she is this morning wearing her hide like a hat. 3xl leaves a bigger lump than expected, but it will be gone in a day or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (12-05-2017),CALM Pythons (12-06-2017),Godzilla78 (12-18-2017),Sauzo (12-05-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    I'm also thinking that she could be fine on smaller meals more frequently. She seems to process a rat of almost any size in about 5 days. Xl, 3xl, whatever. It's fully digested in 5 days. Kinda wish I had ordered xl or 2xl this last feeder order now. Those guinea pigs might be too big actually. I'm sure she could handle them but I don't know that she needs anything that big. Here she is this morning wearing her hide like a hat. 3xl leaves a bigger lump than expected, but it will be gone in a day or two

Pretty much what i do. Caesar was easily eating 2XL guinea pigs but within about the same time period as a XL guinea pig, the lumps were gone. I have dropped Caesar down to jumbo rats or XL guinea pigs and just moved it up to every 7-10 days. Smaller meals on a little faster time frame. So far its been 4 days on the XL guinea pig and Caesar is quiet and just chilling in his cool hide.

Is that a jumbo RB hide? If so, Phyllis is HUGE. Caesar still packs himself into half a jumbo hide lol.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (12-05-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Pretty much what i do. Caesar was easily eating 2XL guinea pigs but within about the same time period as a XL guinea pig, the lumps were gone. I have dropped Caesar down to jumbo rats or XL guinea pigs and just moved it up to every 7-10 days. Smaller meals on a little faster time frame. So far its been 4 days on the XL guinea pig and Caesar is quiet and just chilling in his cool hide.

Is that a jumbo RB hide? If so, Phyllis is HUGE. Caesar still packs himself into half a jumbo hide lol.
    Lol nah that's the xl RB hide. Need to order some jumbo hides soon. She's still huge though
    That's a 40" hook that she's crawling over next to 6' of cage

Thanks

Well, psycho McPushface apparently cannot go more than 6-7 days without destroying her face and everything in her cage.
    disturbing the amount of force she puts into it.
    So tonight she took her first 4xl guinea pig. 725 grams. We'll see if she goes longer than a week on this. I have a sneaking suspicion that she'll go into shed soon so that could throw off my observations/trial period on her biggest meal. Took it down no problem though.

Now go to sleep for at least a week and quit smashing your face!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (12-18-2017),Sauzo (12-11-2017),Stearns84 (12-20-2017)

Thanks
    Dang that first pic is pretty brutal lol. Does Phyllis use the first 1/3 of her body to stand up with and shove? Caesar does that and its incredible the force he gets behind it. He arches up with the top 1/3 of his body and uses it like a lance to shove into where the air gap is between the 2 doors right at the center brace. his whole 1/3 of the body shakes and shimmies as he applies the force and it rattles all the cage doors in the stack. it's pretty incredible to watch but the damage he does to his face is incredible too lol. he is in shed and ate a XL guinea pig so he is quiet for about 2 weeks haha.

I swear man, we got broken retics haha. I see all these other people with quiet retics and we got the food needy bratty ones hahaha.

And btw Phyllis is HUGE!! She dwarfs Caesar easily or at least the last pic makes it look that way.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 12-11-2017 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks

Dang that first pic is pretty brutal lol. Does Phyllis use the first 1/3 of her body to stand up with and shove? Caesar does that and its incredible the force he gets behind it. He arches up with the top 1/3 of his body and uses it like a lance to shove into where the air gap is between the 2 doors right at the center brace. his whole 1/3 of the body shakes and shimmies as he applies the force and it rattles all the cage doors in the stack. it's pretty incredible to watch but the damage he does to his face is incredible too lol. he is in shed and ate a XL guinea pig so he is quiet for about 2 weeks haha.

I swear man, we got broken retics haha. I see all these other people with quiet retics and we got the food needy bratty ones hahaha.

And btw Phyllis is HUGE!! She dwarfs Caesar easily or at least the last pic makes it look that way.
    Yeah dude, braces her face into the center support and then uses at least a third of her body and every ounce of her strength. Whole body shaking and straining against the doors, it's beyond brutal. She's got a swollen left top of her face for about the last week because of it. I love this animal but my god I really wish I knew a way to get her to stop this.
    And yeah, she's an absolute monster of a "super dwarf". The perspective in that last pic makes her look a little bigger but she's still huge. The second pic of her eating gives an idea of how big around she is compared to that water bowl. Gotta be about 9' now and somewhere around 15lbs, nearly as thick as a can of beer. I've been tempted to get in touch with Daniel and ask if he held any back from that clutch that got big too. Yodawagon, who hasn't been on here in forever has, or at least had at one point, one of Phyllis's clutch mates and it was getting big quick last he mentioned it.

Thanks

Yeah dude, braces her face into the center support and then uses at least a third of her body and every ounce of her strength. Whole body shaking and straining against the doors, it's beyond brutal. She's got a swollen left top of her face for about the last week because of it. I love this animal but my god I really wish I knew a way to get her to stop this.
    And yeah, she's an absolute monster of a "super dwarf". The perspective in that last pic makes her look a little bigger but she's still huge. The second pic of her eating gives an idea of how big around she is compared to that water bowl. Gotta be about 9' now and somewhere around 15lbs, nearly as thick as a can of beer. I've been tempted to get in touch with Daniel and ask if he held any back from that clutch that got big too. Yodawagon, who hasn't been on here in forever has, or at least had at one point, one of Phyllis's clutch mates and it was getting big quick last he mentioned it.

Haha exactly what Caesar does too. And yeah, Caesar's face has gone down. I think the swelling combined with him going into shed made it look even worse. But when i dragged Caesar out of his hide despite his disapproval of it with the stink eye he gave me, his face is all good now.

And i too wish I could get Caesar to quit pushing all together. He isnt nearly as bad as when he was a baby but still if not fed within 10-12 days, he will start pushing pretty good.

Phyllis is definitely bigger. Caesar is probably about as thick as my wrist and i dont have huge wrists.

Lol you should ask Daniel. Look on the retic FB pages, i think on the breeders and sellers one. I saw a guy who was selling pure Kalatoa and they were like 6 ft long and a couple years old if i remember correctly. Regardless, they were pretty darn small. You probably just got the monster super dwarf like you said haha.

And i was using the water bowl as a reference to her size as Caesar has the same one and he looks about 2/3 the thickness of Phyllis but then again, he's just over 7 ft where as Phyllis is 9 ft lol.

You know i'm leaning more and more towards either an ultra ivory SD retic or a moonglow boa lol. I love the BCC stuff but i just cant get over my love of whitish snakes haha.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (12-12-2017)

Thanks

Lol you should ask Daniel. Look on the retic FB pages, i think on the breeders and sellers one. I saw a guy who was selling pure Kalatoa and they were like 6 ft long and a couple years old if i remember correctly. Regardless, they were pretty darn small. You probably just got the monster super dwarf like you said haha.

And i was using the water bowl as a reference to her size as Caesar has the same one and he looks about 2/3 the thickness of Phyllis but then again, he's just over 7 ft where as Phyllis is 9 ft.
    Sent Daniel a text, he confirmed that yes indeed Phyllis is 100% SD. Said he has breeder size females anywhere from ~6' to 9' give or take and that Phyllis isn't very far off at all in that range of sizes. Also said he wants her back if I ever were to sell her hahah! He's trying to get his hands on more pure blood SD stuff in his facility.

Thanks

And i was using the water bowl as a reference to her size as Caesar has the same one and he looks about 2/3 the thickness of Phyllis but then again, he's just over 7 ft where as Phyllis is 9 ft.
    Sent Daniel a text, he confirmed that yes indeed Phyllis is 100% SD. Said he has breeder size females anywhere from ~6' to 9' give or take and that Phyllis isn't very far off at all in that range of sizes. Also said he wants her back if I ever were to sell her hahah! He's trying to get his hands on more pure blood SD stuff in his facility.

Thanks

Thanks! Nope, she's a tad flighty when getting her out of the cage but settles right down. She is very food driven, has a feeding response that rivals any other living thing on earth, but I started hook training her from day one and she's never struck at me once I get a hook on her. Peed on me numerous times but no bites haha!
    Mine is the worst about peeing and pooing on me.....
    1.0 Normal BP
    1.0 Mainland Reticulated
    1.0 High lines Red Tail Boa

Page 43 of 106 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast