Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,468

2 members and 1,466 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 27 of 106 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Getting big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (05-08-2017),Reinz (05-08-2017),rock (05-08-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Long, but excellent girth.

Just how they are supposed to be. I wonder if she's going to top out in another 2 feet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Long, but excellent girth.

Just how they are supposed to be. I wonder if she's going to top out in another 2 feet.
    I'm wondering the same thing... she'd be a seriously impressive snake at 9'. Probably would be the size of my forearm and a good 20+lbs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Stearns84 (04-22-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    I'm wondering the same thing... she'd be a seriously impressive snake at 9'. Probably would be the size of my forearm and a good 20+lbs

WOW, a 20 pounder!

Is the Kalatoa locale the smallest of the SD group I can't remember? How old she now?

I'm wondering if she will be larger than Wallace in the end.

I enjoy her updates.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-08-2017)

Thanks

WOW, a 20 pounder!

Is the Kalatoa locale the smallest of the SD group I can't remember? How old she now?

I'm wondering if she will be larger than Wallace in the end.

I enjoy her updates.
    From what I've been able to research, either kalatoa or madu is supposedly the smallest of the locales, though according to Cody even a pure kalatoa female has the potential to reach a solid 9'.
    I've got a breeder friend that has two pure SD females, about 8', and said they weighed 20lbs when he got them in. They're from his previously owned wild caught breeding stock and said that he's got them thinned out a bit now. Previous owner fed the snot out of them he said haha. I'd guess their proper weight should be in the neighborhood of 12-15lbs
    She's probably going to end up a sizeable snake, though Caesar might give her a run for that title lol. I think your conservative feeding schedule with Wallace is going to keep him a very lean and well rounded specimen. I've got a feeling Phyllis will be the biggest of our group even being pure SD, but she is the only female of all of them. Gene may have a growth spurt after graduating to large rats though...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    From what I've been able to research, either kalatoa or madu is supposedly the smallest of the locales, though according to Cody even a pure kalatoa female has the potential to reach a solid 9'.
    I've got a breeder friend that has two pure SD females, about 8', and said they weighed 20lbs when he got them in. They're from his previously owned wild caught breeding stock and said that he's got them thinned out a bit now. Previous owner fed the snot out of them he said haha. I'd guess their proper weight should be in the neighborhood of 12-15lbs
    She's probably going to end up a sizeable snake, though Caesar might give her a run for that title lol. I think your conservative feeding schedule with Wallace is going to keep him a very lean and well rounded specimen. I've got a feeling Phyllis will be the biggest of our group even being pure SD, but she is the only female of all of them. Gene may have a growth spurt after graduating to large rats though...

I agree, and Caesar seems to have a fair amount of mainland in him. If that does kick in and he still eats frequently you certainly could get bigger. Kris seemed to think he'd level out though. I actually thing Caesar's end size was quoted to be even smaller than Wallace's. The tiger gene in Wallace is know to make huge animals so it may play a role. I'm really happy so far though.

I looked into Cody's vids again as I do from time to time and I did see his pure female SD's had potential to get up there in size, but nothing unmanageable IMO.

Is Phyllis over 2 years old now?

She looks really good. Perfect IMO.

Thanks

I agree, and Caesar seems to have a fair amount of mainland in him. If that does kick in and he still eats frequently you certainly could get bigger. Kris seemed to think he'd level out though. I actually thing Caesar's end size was quoted to be even smaller than Wallace's. The tiger gene in Wallace is know to make huge animals so it may play a role. I'm really happy so far though.

I looked into Cody's vids again as I do from time to time and I did see his pure female SD's had potential to get up there in size, but nothing unmanageable IMO.

Is Phyllis over 2 years old now?

She looks really good. Perfect IMO.
    No Phyllis is 15 months old this weekend/early next week. I've never seen an animal grow as fast as that snake. She was 59grams when she got here at 3 weeks old and is now tipping he scale at 2200grams+. Just under 2' when she arrived and now right about 7'. 5' of growth in a little over a year! Wow!
    She's definitely the most interesting to handle of the three snakes here. Very curious but not squirrelly like Gerald. She has a conviction and decision about her movement that commands some respect when she's out. Just don't move too fast around the sharp end and she's a joy to work with hahah! I'm expecting another foot or so of length and then some body building from her as she progresses. She's gonna need every bit of that t25 by the time it's ready

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (05-08-2017)

Thanks
    OK right,

I think we all pulled the trigger on these right after you got her. I believe your first couple of posts got me re-thinking the decision to get one. I dabbled, then was dead set on another coastal carpet or a Suri BCC.

I'm terrible at keeping to one species however so I was itching for something different again.

I read everything I can about the species.
    http://reticulatedpython.info/index.html

It amazes me that some people really think ALL retics are huge and that the SD/dwarf locale stuff in marketing to sell more although those views may be changing.

I'm sure there are some scammers out there that will sell anything for a $$.

Interesting research/science shows the island populations could be considered a separate species.

http://reticulatedpython.info/me/pap...ic%20paper.pdf

Just like boa constrictors, and carpet pythons, there are locality retics that exhibit unique traits.

Fun species for me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (05-08-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    I'm planning for 10' for Caesar just in case although like i said, he seems to have mellowed out on his food drive and is pretty happy with a large rat every 7-10 days. I mean he still pops out of the hide like a jack in the box when i open the door or sometimes even if i tap on the bottom track. He doesn't seem to push too much anymore.

BTW if you are looking for 50% SD morphs, Shannon Roepke just had a bunch of stuff and put them up for sale. Lots of Platinum, Motley, Tiger stuff. I almost bought the Platinum Motley female 50% SD she had for sale but instead bought Caesar.

Once i get the 3 T25s and get everything set up, I'll have 2 T10s laying around which i possibly might fill with the Peruvian BCC and maybe a SD ultra Ivory or sharp snow bci. I do love Caesar but honestly I'm a boa guy as you can tell by the 4 boas i got already lol.

And i think Caesar has the most mainland out of all of our retics except Gene. But Caesar is also tiger so that combined with mainland is what is probably playing into his size. Good thing he is mellow and not cage defensive at all.

Plus Kris told me when i got him that Caesar LOVES to eat anything anytime so he said i would have no problems getting him to eat plus he said he was very handleable.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 05-08-2017 at 08:48 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    I'm planning for 10' for Caesar just in case although like i said, he seems to have mellowed out on his food drive and is pretty happy with a large rat every 7-10 days. I mean he still pops out of the hide like a jack in the box when i open the door or sometimes even if i tap on the bottom track. He doesn't seem to push too much anymore.

BTW if you are looking for 50% SD morphs, Shannon Roepke just had a bunch of stuff and put them up for sale. Lots of Platinum, Motley, Tiger stuff. I almost bought the Platinum Motley female 50% SD she had for sale but instead bought Caesar.

Once i get the 3 T25s and get everything set up, I'll have 2 T10s laying around which i possibly might fill with the Peruvian BCC and maybe a SD ultra Ivory or sharp snow bci. I do love Caesar but honestly I'm a boa guy as you can tell by the 4 boas i got already lol.

And i think Caesar has the most mainland out of all of our retics except Gene. But Caesar is also tiger so that combined with mainland is what is probably playing into his size. Good thing he is mellow and not cage defensive at all.

Plus Kris told me when i got him that Caesar LOVES to eat anything anytime so he said i would have no problems getting him to eat plus he said he was very handleable.
    I wish I could add on here but I think Wallace was the last which is OK. I have a very busy life and another snake may become more of a chore, although I'd take a "Gina" here any day of the week.

Glad to hear Caesar is settling, maybe Wallace will fire up a bit and then slowly level out. He is so mellow in the cage and rarely reacts to anything I'm doing. He even needs some convincing with food. I prefer the Caesar attitude in a way as that is what retics are all about.

On the other hand, I don't want a snake over the 10 foot mark unless it is a carpet or boa. Retics are another level and with size, that can cause problems.

Caesar must have a birthday coming very soon.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (05-08-2017)

Page 27 of 106 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast