Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,937

0 members and 2,937 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 95 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Was pushing a bit earlier tonight. Sure, 7 days since last feeding and it was only a jumbo rat. Thawed her a rat right now, blatantly uninterested in food. Temps are 78-84. Humidity 75%. Has big hide and same size water bowl. Climbing options. You name it. No idea what her deal is. Only thing I still haven’t tried is breeding her or an 8’ cage which is on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is her face and teeth all healed up?

You will figure it out. Keep working on it.

I guess try the 8ft cage before breeding but who knows at this point? Breeding was my first guess but you have the cage on the way already and that doesn't require dealing with eggs or baby retics.
    Last edited by Skyrivers; 08-14-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrivers View Post
    Is her face and teeth all healed up?

You will figure it out. Keep working on it.

I guess try the 8ft cage before breeding but who knows at this point? Breeding was my first guess but you have the cage on the way already and that doesn't require dealing with eggs or baby retics.
    Nope. Still swollen. Wounds not as bad looking though.
    Paired her and Gerald the other night. He was way into it. Her not so much. New cage should hopefully be here in a couple weeks

Thanks

If first time might take a couple of attempts to get her use to the idea of being close to another snake. What did she do? Hide from him?
    Nope. Still swollen. Wounds not as bad looking though.
    Paired her and Gerald the other night. He was way into it. Her not so much. New cage should hopefully be here in a couple weeks

Sent from my N9560 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Hide from him?! Not hardly...
    bucked coils, wagged her tail, gaping vent, peed all over. Very standard retic female signs of saying “nope”

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (08-15-2018)

Thanks

Hide from him?! Not hardly...
    bucked coils, wagged her tail, gaping vent, peed all over. Very standard retic female signs of saying “nope”

Well that is a clear no! I think you can check that box off the list. Best wishes on solving this.

Thanks

Third refused meal in a row. Won’t eat, won’t breed, won’t stop pushing... this is my hell right now. Seriously considering selling her.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Third refused meal in a row. Won’t eat, won’t breed, won’t stop pushing... this is my hell right now. Seriously considering selling her.

Hey man,

Hold off until you get the new cage. If that doesn't change things, I fully support your thought to sell or place her. Maybe a trade for another?

Not that you need a go ahead from me, but I know somewhat know how you feel. I've been a bit irritated with Wallace since he hit his adult size. Lately his little, male brain makes him a bit loopy. He had a go at me today even after I tapped him with the hook. The situation was still my fault as I know I have to get him moving the other direction completely before trying to remove him.

I finally got hold of him, and he did his damn tail whip and emptied half the substrate out of his cage onto the floor.

After that, he was fine, however I started to wonder if the hassle of dealing with him was worth it.

I guess the point being here is this. We all have limits, and other obligations. Most of us, I would assume have other hobbies and other aspects of life to channel our energies.

You are still getting grounded in your teaching/educating career and don't have "helpers" at the dial of a phone.

If that new cage doesn't fix things, you've covered it all and should not have to have a hobby become a life stress inducing situation.

Good luck brother!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-15-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Hey man,

Hold off until you get the new cage. If that doesn't change things, I fully support your thought to sell or place her. Maybe a trade for another?

Not that you need a go ahead from me, but I know somewhat know how you feel. I've been a bit irritated with Wallace since he hit his adult size. Lately his little, male brain makes him a bit loopy. He had a go at me today even after I tapped him with the hook. The situation was still my fault as I know I have to get him moving the other direction completely before trying to remove him.

I finally got hold of him, and he did his damn tail whip and emptied half the substrate out of his cage onto the floor.

After that, he was fine, however I started to wonder if the hassle of dealing with him was worth it.

I guess the point being here is this. We all have limits, and other obligations. Most of us, I would assume have other hobbies and other aspects of life to channel our energies.

You are still getting grounded in your teaching/educating career and don't have "helpers" at the dial of a phone.

If that new cage doesn't fix things, you've covered it all and should not have to have a hobby become a life stress inducing situation.

Good luck brother!
    Thanks Gio. I talked on the phone with my vet earlier. She said she and her husband both have been trying to figure out what Phyllis’s deal could be. I mentioned my theory that it could be an infection in her jaw bone(s) that we just can’t detect without X-rays. She thinks it’s worth a look if that’s what I want to try. Will probably have to be the weekend after this upcoming one, with fall semester starting and me being in a new role at the university on top of the fact that this vet is a 2.5hr drive for me. She said she’d bring her husband to her clinic and we can all put our heads together and maybe try X-rays and such.
    Shy of trying the huge cage I just don’t see how it can be husbandry related with how many variables have been addressed. If cage or X-rays can’t find or solve the issue I might just have to throw in the towel. I’d be devastated but this behavior is affecting every other aspect of my day to day life anymore, and I just can’t deal with it.
    I still love the species but just can’t help but wonder if I just with my luck got the worlds most troublesome super dwarf.
    I’ll keep ya posted

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (08-15-2018),MR Snakes (12-13-2018),Stearns84 (08-16-2018)

Thanks

How's Phyllis?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Tina - 0.1 Pastel Ball Python
    Gene - 1.0 Platinum Dwarf Retic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stearns84 View Post
    How's Phyllis?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Still pushing and still won’t eat. Has only eaten one jumbo rat in the last 5 weeks. Going to offer food again tomorrow. Mouth still swollen and bruised looking. Off hours vet appointment Sunday with my vet and her vet husband. Something’s gotta give eventually, right?

Page 95 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast