Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,755

3 members and 1,752 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 42 of 106 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Dang, that sucks. I've always been worried about my snakes slamming the litter dam or cage when eating too. Thats why i hang the stuff in the center of the cage with my BBQ tongs lol.

Caesar has really mellowed on food. He hasent eaten in almost 2 weeks and he isnt pushing at all except at night when he wants the door slid open so he can hang out lol. Luckily he only pushes on one spot and thats the center brace where the door gap is. I think he smells the fresh air and since he wants to hang out outside, he pushes right there. I open the door and rub his body and he comes over to the open door and lays down next to me. Never seen a snake act like a dog haha.

Hopefully Phyllis gets better without having the stress and cash of going to the vet. Good luck man.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (10-24-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Re: Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Dang, that sucks. I've always been worried about my snakes slamming the litter dam or cage when eating too. Thats why i hang the stuff in the center of the cage with my BBQ tongs lol.

Caesar has really mellowed on food. He hasent eaten in almost 2 weeks and he isnt pushing at all except at night when he wants the door slid open so he can hang out lol. Luckily he only pushes on one spot and thats the center brace where the door gap is. I think he smells the fresh air and since he wants to hang out outside, he pushes right there. I open the door and rub his body and he comes over to the open door and lays down next to me. Never seen a snake act like a dog haha.

Hopefully Phyllis gets better without having the stress and cash of going to the vet. Good luck man.
    Thanks dude! I'm totally prepared to take her to the vet if it doesn't get better but yeah, wanted to save the stress on her part. I'll shell out the cash if needed but my friend that's bred SD for some time said to just clean the gunk out, keep her fed, and she should be fine. Got the same vibe from past discussions on the retic nation page.
    Yeah her rat was hanging from the rings in the left center of the cage and she missed and hit the left wall. She's too quick to be able to get it into the actual center of the cage haha.
    Why do they love to push at that center post of the AP cages?! Phyllis and Gerald both do that!
    I'll keep the thread updated with her mouth healing if there's any noticeable changes soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Haha, yeah like i said, Caesar has mellowed on food a lot. He isnt all psycho anymore but he will still eat.

I think they push the center because theres that air gap between the 2 sliding doors so they sense and feel the air flow there and so try and push there.

I really think Caesar is close to being done with his 'growing' per say. Like i mentioned, hes' mellowed on food, filled out and now is a lounger lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (10-24-2017)

Thanks

This freak show of an animal... two weeks ago pulled two broken teeth out of her face. Healed up just fine. Last night hits her rat so hard she snagged a tooth through her lip, in the same spot.
    Let it go overnight to see if she could fix it on her own. Nope... had to hold her down and unhook it just now. Man was she thrilled about that. Looking back to normal. How about we scale back on the freight train feeding response, eh? Lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (12-05-2017)

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    One of our yearling tics just did this a few weeks ago, so annoying and I feel bad for them all at the same time! She shed and the mark on her lip is gone thank goodness.
    Glad you got her unstuck!
    Calm down girl, you'll get the rat! haah silly tics
    For the Horde!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (11-07-2017)

Thanks

We need updates!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Tina - 0.1 Pastel Ball Python
    Gene - 1.0 Platinum Dwarf Retic

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stearns84 For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (11-24-2017),Team Slytherin (11-24-2017)

Thanks

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Quote Originally Posted by Stearns84 View Post
    We need updates!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Lol as you wish Steve!
    Nothing real exciting to update aside from the fact that her broken teeth from a month ago healed up just fine with no need to see the vet. She just shed last week and gave me 10' of perfect shed.

She doesn't seem to be putting on length nearly a much anymore but my god... I swear she puts on more weight everyday. She's close to doubled her weight in the last 5-6 months and weighs every bit of 13lbs or more now. Close to the thickness of my forearm

Not the best lighting in this pic but more to give a sense of scale, that tub is a 100qt hefty tub from lowes, about 35-36" long. She's a beast, close to 9'.

Terrible reflection on the glass doors but just wanted to show that she somehow still fits in a reptile basics xl hide. Been camped out in her cool side hide for 4 days after her last meal and still hasn't peed. Probably opening the flood gates as we speak just to spite this post hahah.
    Newest rodent pro order is in the freezer and she's bumping up to xxxl rats and an occasional 4xl guinea pig as a treat. She may be able to go 10+ days after one of them but only time will tell

Last edited by jmcrook; 11-24-2017 at 08:20 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (11-24-2017),Stearns84 (11-26-2017)

Thanks
    Lol i think Caesar quit growing. He hasnt shed in a while now.

And dang, Phyllis is getting big. She eats double the size of Caesar now haha. You might need to start looking into piglets from Monster Feeders or rabbits.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 11-24-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks

Kalatoa 100% Pure SD Retic Progression (Pic heavy...)

Tried to see if the beast would go past 7 days without eating... she's been raising absolute hell for two days almost nonstop starting at about day 5. Was going to let her keep going til day ten but the top of her face started swelling a bit from pushing. Guess she's getting another 3xl rat on a 7 day schedule. I don't know how other people push them back to every two weeks by their second birthday. Phyllis is having none of it. I just don't want her to get fat and sluggish and live a shortened lifespan. Anywho, here she is wrapped around a 560gram rat

Last edited by jmcrook; 12-05-2017 at 12:42 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Sauzo (12-05-2017),Stearns84 (12-05-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Tried to see if the beast would go past 7 days without eating... she's been raising absolute hell for two days almost nonstop starting at about day 5. Was going to let her keep going til day ten but the top of her face started swelling a bit from pushing. Guess she's getting another 3xl rat on a 7 day schedule. I don't know how other people push them back to every two weeks by their second birthday. Phyllis is having none of it. I just don't want her to get fat and sluggish and live a shortened lifespan. Anywho, here she is wrapped around a 560gram rat

Haha you ans me both brutha!! I dont know people push males back to 2 -3 weeks. Caesar destroyed his face this when i was asleep i guess as he was quiet in his hide during the day. I noticed one side of his face was swollen and his pits are all torn up. I gave him an XL guinea pig and it quieted him down but he did almost tag me in the process. I tripped backwards over a chair while jumping back as he flipped around from the closed door to the open door and shot out of it like a freakin bullet with mouth open like his baby days. I didnt drop the guinea pig though. Held that sucker in the tongs lol. But anyways, yeah i dont know how people go so long inbetween feedings. I thought i had Caesar set on almost 2 weeks but like i said, i guess he was destroying his face during the night. Back to every 7-10 days again /sigh.

Face it, we got sold pig retics haha.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 12-05-2017 at 04:01 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (12-05-2017)

Page 42 of 106 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast