Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,414

3 members and 2,411 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Crestie Enclosure

Here's a pic. It's a 10-gallon turned on end. It is usually between 74-76 in our house, is this a good temp to keep these guys at?

--Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

Re: Crestie Enclosure

Sounds good to me, mine get a peak of about 79 in the day and bout 69-72 at night.. Cost me a freakin fortune to cool that one room to those temps as it is the hotest room in the house..lol
    Just a reptile lover!!!!!

Thanks

Thanks Matt. I bought a fluorescent fixture to hang on the back or sit on the top of the tank.

Oh, did you get my PM? I had another question too. Do you think the gecko(s) will be fine eating crickets and mashed fruit/babyfood w/supplements until I get the CGD from you?

Also, how often do you supplement with the RepCal and the Herptivite? I have read the caresheet through and through, but want some personal input on what others do.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

I'd add a background or put maybe one more leafy vine in the back. Temps are good. The temperature of my house is set by the geckos. So the house stays at 75 during the summer and they get a space heater in the winter.

As long as you get some crested geckos that will eat bugs, you'll be fine with the baby food/circket regime. Me, I own two geckos that won't touch bugs at all (I didn't raise those two from itty bittyness), so they get CGD almost all the time. (One of them is going to a new owner this week, who has been informed, and I'm not charging for Peaches).
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

I was just trying to make it as simple as possible since the geckos are pretty small babies. I don't want them to get lost, LoL. Their bodies are about as long as my thumb I'll add another piece of the vine along the back wall, just hanging down. Maybe they will swing like MONKEYS!

What is your regimen for dusting with the RepCal and the Herptivite(or whatever supplements you might use)?
    --Becky--

BPnet Veteran ballpythonandragon's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello I recently moved into an apartment and the reptile room stays pretty warm also so im wondering if i should set the tank up in my bedroom or even downstairs is 80.6 to warm i know that 80s are so i guess it would be then and it don't cool down much at night either mid 70s so what do you all think i should do, Im thinking about getting female to breed with my male. Thanks Aaron
    don't have any reptiles apartment says no.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SatanicIntention
    I was just trying to make it as simple as possible since the geckos are pretty small babies. I don't want them to get lost, LoL. Their bodies are about as long as my thumb I'll add another piece of the vine along the back wall, just hanging down. Maybe they will swing like MONKEYS!

What is your regimen for dusting with the RepCal and the Herptivite(or whatever supplements you might use)?
    I was just thinking they might want some more leaves to use as hiding spaces, that's all

I try to follow Robbie Hamper's 1/4 tsp each with 8.5 oz of babyfood (2.5 oz of a meat one, with the rest being a fruit one). I tend to get a little bit too much of the supplements in/on sometimes. So usually one feeding per week ends up being just undusted gutloaded bug, to try and make sure they're not being oversuplemented.

As for my non bug eaters, they get CGD, and some days they get babyfood.

The bug section isn't as varied as it used to be, since I haven't gotten to the swap. My original pair will eat silkworms, waxworms, mealies, crickets, and roaches. The other two bug eaters have not shown any interest in bugs other than crickets. I am never getting silkworms again, I couldn't feed them off fast enough and they grew out of the crested gecko eatable size very quickly.

I usually do bugs one feeding and then CGD or babyfood the next feeding and alternate a bit.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.

Thanks

Oh ok, that helps clear things up a bit. I plan on freezing small portions in ice cube trays so it will last longer. Is it a problem to add the supplements before I freeze it?

Also, do you dust the crickets/insects before you feed them as well as adding the supplements to the babyfood? I'm sorry, but I like to know these things beforehand. I'm so anal-retentive

How many times a week do you dust the insects? with calcium w/D3? with vitamins? I only dust once a week for my frog, but I bet these little guy's metabolisms are much faster.

I'm definately going to put more leaves in there tonight. Will they make good use of a humid hide? I have an extra tupperware container that is pretty small (4"x4"). I use bottled water for all of my guys here(except for the rats-awww, poor things), so I won't have to worry about dechlorinating anything. I'll be sure to mist frequently so they stay hydrated.

Thanks for your help It is much appreciated.
    --Becky--

Thanks

i feed mainly crickets to juvies and adults. once a week i do babyfood, too much babyfood and they will get fat. for the babies i use the cgd diet, i make it a little soupy usually 1 part diet to 3 parts water. i've noticed the fastest growth on crickets. i dust the crickets right before offering them.

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks

Talking Re: Crestie Enclosure

I go for a 50/50 supplement mix to dust with. I also supplement the babyfood before I freeze it. I haven't seen any issues with supplementing before it's frozen. I've never put in a humid hide for them. I haven't had any shedding problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast