Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,423

2 members and 3,421 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Tanami the Woma Python

Quote Originally Posted by enginee837 View Post
    It is my understanding that as long as you avoid overly fatty rats like jumbos and you feed them just enough to keep them from getting overweight they will be fine.
    Fatty liver comes from power feeding as youngsters in order to get them to breeding size faster.
    Ours womas have been on rats since we have gotten them but we feed meals just big enough to show a slight bulge. When they were on hoppers we fed them about every 5 days now that they are a bit older (about 18 months) they get a small rat every 7 days. This has yielded a steady growth rate but they all maintain the nice shape with a defined dorsal line and by no means are overweight. The only difficulty in this is they are always hungry and handling without getting bitten was fun. They have just recently began to mellow out and have become quite pleasant to handle. They are super active and come out to you when you open the enclosure door.
    On a side note, one our females (the most voracious feeder) appears to have a throwback from what appears to be the larger woma local. Her pattern is just like her siblings however her head is identical to the nearly patternless one in the pdf you posted. The head is elongated and the eyes are much smaller in relation to the head than the other two.
    At what age did you start having issues with them trying to eat you? lol I've heard of others having this issue with Womas ongoing. So far, neither of my little ones have done that yet. Both of the little turds have sat straight up and charged me a couple of times when I tried to pick them up, though! lol Those were isolated incidents, though. I think I startled them was all... All I could do was laugh, as I tried to explain to them how much bigger I am than they are! LOL! it's amazing how fearless such a little creature can be!

Both of my Womas have the same appearance as the upper-most Woma in the PDF file. They both have that more yellow-ish/green-ish background color. The PDF is unclear which locale that one is...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post
    At what age did you start having issues with them trying to eat you? lol I've heard of others having this issue with Womas ongoing. So far, neither of my little ones have done that yet. Both of the little turds have sat straight up and charged me a couple of times when I tried to pick them up, though! lol Those were isolated incidents, though. I think I startled them was all... All I could do was laugh, as I tried to explain to them how much bigger I am than they are! LOL! it's amazing how fearless such a little creature can be!

Both of my Womas have the same appearance as the upper-most Woma in the PDF file. They both have that more yellow-ish/green-ish background color. The PDF is unclear which locale that one is...
    All three started tasting first and asking questions later at about 4 months. Interestingly none of them have ever been defensive at all.
    1.0 Albino Black Pastel Pinstripe BP "Menolo"
    0.1 Albino Spider BP "Ginger"
    0.1 Black Pastel Het. Albino "Jasmine"

1.0 Woma python "Stitch"
    0.1 Woma python "Milo"
    0.1 Woma python "Millie"

1.0 Blackhead Python
    0.1 Blackhead Python
    0.1 Blackhead Python

1.0 Black South African Boerboel "Midas"
    0.1 Chocolate Lab "Coco"

Thanks

I feed Tanami weekly. IIRC he’s getting rat pups (the list is out on the freezer ). I do keep an eye on his body shape, I shoot for kinda triangular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123