Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,924

0 members and 2,924 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: Hi

Thanks

Hi

Hi all...new to the forum and only had my snake for a few months as a rescue.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Hi

When I got him he had a small viv, one hide, a dirty water bowl, an un-guarded 100w spotlamp, he hadn't been fed for 6 months, hadn't even had the light turned on. After a lot of care and just as much money...'Ghost' is now happy climbing in his jungle, which took me a while to build, but really happy with it, as is he. I belive he is 6 years old and a normal colouration. He eats once a week on small rats after weeks of just mice as he refused the rats. Still building up to medium rats as that's what I'm told he was feeding on. So far though he won't touch the bigger rats, and has only yesterday taken his first smaller rat. Does he look ok to you guys? I can take better pics of Ghost if needed, just want to know he is happy and healthy. I've done loads of research and have set his home up as best of my knowledge so far. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers, Dan.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,497 Times in 2,689 Posts

Welcome and best wishes Dan. Congrats on the new BP and good job on the rescue. Sounds like a big improvement from his previous environment. That's a really nice enclosure too. What are your temps and humidity like? How are you heating the enclosure? As long as your husbandry is dialed in you should be in good shape.

Thanks

Thanks ziggy. Ok...hot end air temp is 32 heated by a heat lamp and dimming stat run for 12 hours a day. Hot end hide is 30 heated by a heat mat and mat stat. I run this slightly cooler than the air temp as I would presume a burrow or hide would be slightly cooler in the wild. Please correct me if this is wrong. Gradient is pretty good and within boundaries. Humidity has been easier to keep up since changing to small chippings for substrate and adding moss which I mist daily.
    Any advice would be appreciated as I'm still very new to all this and trying my best for my snake and to learn as much as possible. Dan
    Last edited by dsilvester34; 07-31-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Thanks

A bit of a better view of his home :-)