Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,058

0 members and 2,058 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: CG arrival

Thanks

CG arrival

I ordered my first crested and it came in the mail this morning. I ordered from Garrick at www.crestedgecko.com. He's really good to work with...i didn't get his cage set up until wednesday night and I called him that night to see if he could put it in the mail the next day so I would receive it today (because today was the only day I could be home to get it). Although it was very short notice everything worked out great.

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/zcpfiffner/cgmine.jpg

That's him...taken off Garrick's website.

A few questions...
    1) I'm sure he's quite stressed after the journey so how long should I let him acclimate to his surroundings before attempting to handle him? How long should I wait til I feed him?

And any other comments/suggestions are always welcomed!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: CG arrival

congrats! nice looking gecko you picked out. the first night i have a new gecko i do not feed them but i make sure to mist them as soon as they go into their new enclosure and then later that night when i mist all the others. they are usually thirsty after their trip and appreciate the extra water. the second night i give them either baby food or cgd if they are accustomed to eating it already. the third or fourth night i give them crickets and then the fifth or sixth night i handle them--just for a very short time at first. you don't have to follow that exactly by any means, but you new guy will need a few days to settle in and i definitely wouldn't give him crickets the first night you have him. let us know if you have any other questions.
    - Emily

Thanks

Congrats! Looks like Mle answered your questions so I'll just second what she said, and say I hope you're having fun with him.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks

i fed him crix tonite for the first time. it's enjoyable watching him hunt them down. a quick question...
    I didn't "dip" the crix in a calcium supplement before feeding him because I'm also feeding him the T-rex diet (which i think contains a fair amount of calcium already).
    Do you guys think I should buy some calcium powder to dust the crix with? if so...what are some good brands?
    thanks

Thanks

REP-CAL CALCIUM W/ D3 and HERPTIVITE are the supplements I use.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

Its important to keep the Calcium-Phosphorus Ratio in check and the calcium in the t-Rex diet is balanced for the diet not for the added feeder insects so you will need to dust them before feeding at least every second feeding of the bugs
    I also use the REP-CAL CALCIUM W/ D3 and HERPTIVITE I m not sure if they still have the regular grade any more but I buy the ultra fine powder .. it sticks to whatever your feeding much better
    For Those Who Fought For It,
    Freedom Has A Flavor The Protected Will Never Know

Thanks

I use exactly the same as Schlyne and Robert.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!