Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,123

2 members and 3,121 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Young BP died within a week

How do you keep your humidity that high in such a large enclosure?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jwitt View Post
    Can you give me a few names of trusted breeders that offer shipping? I was considering snakes at sunset, but I have read mixed reviews.
    I have also read mixed reviews about snakes at sunset. My all time favorite breeder is garrick demyer at royal constrictor designs, and it just so happens he is having a sale until the 29th of this month. Check him out.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to highqualityballz For This Useful Post:

BeelzeBall. (07-24-2016),Fazer72110 (07-23-2016),MrKai (07-22-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrKai View Post
    How do you keep your humidity that high in such a large enclosure?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Daily misting with a bottle filled with purified water, and I live in Florida

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jwitt For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (07-23-2016),MrKai (07-22-2016)

Thanks

Reptiles by mack is a good site

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    Stick ons are no good, just for info. Get a digital to get accurate measurments.

The UTH especially should be on a thermostat.

A lot of things can go wrong with a young BP. Yes, in a week... even within a day or so. It could have been pre-existing. No way to tell without a a necropsy.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I would look for a reptile show in your area and check out the different breeders at the show. I have delt with Frank at coldblooded-novelties.com and had no issues. He is a great guy to deal with and very honest. He is in North Carolina but offers shipping.
    Snakes
    0.1 Butter
    0.1 Het Clown/Ghost
    1.1 Pastel 100% Het Clown
    1.1 Pied
    1.0 Bee
    1.0 Fire/Spider
    1.0 Normal
    1.0 Pastave
    1.0 Albino Snow Corn
    1.0 Albino Black Pastel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jwitt View Post
    Can you give me a few names of trusted breeders that offer shipping? I was considering snakes at sunset, but I have read mixed reviews.

if you're in the south florida area, there will be a repticon expo in west palm beach on august 6th & 7th.

if not, i highly recommend morph jungle and beyond the scales reptiles. i've bought numerous snakes from both breeders, with fantastic results. you can find both on FB with a quick search (not sure if i'm allowed to drop links here or not).

Thanks

Try key reptiles in Madison,WI.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I got my BPs from two different breeders, the boy i got from i-balls pythons, they are located in New Rocheal, NY. I met him at a show and he spent a lot of time showing me what he had in my price range, and the nice thing was he kept him for me for a week so i could get my setup ready and stable. Check out his web site, just google iballs pythons, My girl i got from constrictors unlimited, they run an auction site, but i bought directly from jeff, because i was looking for a specific morph. He was very helpful, i picked my ship date, and all his info was accurate. There are a lot o people here who have babies, or eggs, be patient, and no matter where you decide to buy, check forna classified to check out the breeder. hope this helped, good luck, and i'm so sorry you went through this heartbreak, it doesn't take very long to get attached.

Thanks

I lost my first one within a month. George was a super sweet little guy, and I did the research and tried so hard to follow all the rules. But he died anyway. I have gotten 4 other BPs since then, all healthy and happy (Ernie, Ted, Harvey and Mikey). The major change for me was the store I got them from.
    The first store I went to smelled pretty bad when I walked in. I should have turned on my heel right then, but hindsight is 20/20 right? I didn't even try to contact the owner because he made it VERY clear that all sales were FINAL. He wasn't very nice.
    I now go to a better store (Twin Cities Reptiles in Minnesota). Their store is fresh and very clean. All of their enclosures look bright and shiny. I've met every employee and the owner and they are all very welcoming, knowledgeable, and helpful. BIG difference.
    When George died I felt a huge amount of guilt. Now that I have more experience, I'm fairly certain that he came with some previously existing conditions. It still sucked really bad, and I cried for two days after we buried him outside my back window.
    Anyway, I feel your pain and I understand asking why. Sometimes it's not you. *hugs* and I hope you've been successful with your new babies.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Merriah For This Useful Post:

Marzipan (01-17-2017)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12