Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,949

1 members and 2,948 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: My Update.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Smile My Update.

Both of my Ball Pythons are doing well. No breeding this season Andromeda is only reaching 1400 grams and is looking rather thin as she is on a hunger strike or something only taking a rat when she feels like it. I would rather wait then risk her health by trying to breed her besides a dead female ball python does me no good so my breeding project will wait till next year. I needed them to feel more comfortable in their cages and i think that the aspen bedding and some plastic hides where not doing to the trick. So I layed down news paper and crumpled up a bunch of news paper and put it in there and they seem to do better. Since then andromeda has stopped "soaking" (actually hiding) in her water bowl and they seem to like to peak through the spaces between the pieces of paper plus its easier to clean up not to meantion cheaper. Freckles my male is still big and i have changed his diet from 1 small rat a week to a medium rat bi-monthly and i stopped giving him Andromeda's uneaten rats. Otherwise they are doing great. I have been out a while so how are all y'all's critters?
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

Thanks

Re: My Update.

A number of ours went on a seasonal slack-fest feeding - it was a little worrisome since I think we condition ourselves to expect them to eat weekly (that still seems like an ocean of time to our stomachs) and panic when they dont and skip a week, or two or a month or two lol. This past weekend though we had a full round of eats - was nice to see them all get back in the groove. The bloods eat voraciously, the carpets are still more apt to go after fingers than rat pups, and the brown water python is an unholy terror - but that deserves its own thread

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks

Issa seemed to be a horribly picky feeder over the winter. He's currently on 2 mice a week and nearly being a "greedy guts". I need to get him on to rats soon.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

you still might get some weight on her by the fall. double check everything and try all kinds of rodents or methods. 1400 grams could be 1800 or 2000 grams if you can get her to eat steady. call some breeders on this forum, they may be able to help you out!

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I was maybe thinking it was stress related so that is why i changed the housing setup. I will try feeding again on saturday. I have a pretty good customer relationship with the Barkers and with Hillary Webb who I bought the snakes from. I will maybe drop her an email.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.