Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,321

1 members and 3,320 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Reptile room created from nothing

(not sure if that's the good category, if not, please move the thread to a better suited one)

Sometimes you don't plan to have more than 1 snake. Sometimes a new girlfriend moves to you with her two snakes and so you're having 3 of them. Then with each passing month you're getting more and more animals because "honey, we really need them in our lives" and you need to keep them somewhere, so you're buying new tanks. And out of nowhere a room that before was your computer room is now having a second comp table (that of said girlfriend) and 12 tanks in it. And it's no longer computer room, but REPTILE ROOM!

You just wanted to have a one snake and one girlfriend...

That's what happened to my man, and here are some quick pics of our room! Sorry for mess in some places, I'll do a nice, clean pics in a few days as I'm sick at the moment And I'll post a better pics of each single viv too!

The whole process taked us 2 years, it just kinda happened without planning, haha!
    Last edited by Sylphie; 07-13-2016 at 12:11 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

distaff (03-31-2017)

Thanks
    That looks awesome, I love the environments in each tanks

Thanks
    Thank you! I'll try to do pics of each viv soon (well, two of them still need some more lianas, and two needs to be done from a scratch).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

Mike17 (04-01-2017)

Thanks
    First part of the pics! I'm sorry that they seem to be very dark and "flat", it's all because of the lights in there... we still plan to switch the lights to being outside, not inside but there always seem to be too little time to do this.

Two tanks in the rack still need to be done from zero, so I'm not even posting them! And there are some "hospital type" tanks in our second room, that are babies rack, tank of the White One corn couse she can't have any type of substrate other than paper and one of the beardies couse we don't have idea how to fit it in a "real" rack. So if you can't place some of the reptiles from our collection in there it means that they are in one of these "not to show" vivs!

This one still needs at least one more plant:

And our emergency tank for a crestie, I know it should be taller, and I'll add more lianas soon, so he has a little more space to climb. I hope we'll be having his proper tank soon!

And my fav one, that needs more plants too, but! What I like most in it is the paint we used, it looks just like real rock, as it's a 3D effect acrylic spray that imitates something similiar to lava rock. It future we plan to use it in all new vivs as it looks super realistic! Unfortunately it's hard to capture in artifical light...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sylphie For This Useful Post:

Fraido (07-14-2016)

Thanks
    And the two big tanks. The Russian Cave (vertical one) is now a kingdom of Orion since he came to breeding age and can no longer be housed with females. Both females will now live in that big glass tank in a wall tho, so I guess they are happy with that change, haha!

Last edited by Sylphie; 07-14-2016 at 04:53 AM.

Thanks
    And the last one for now, my table "lamp", kingdom of our young garter snake. Soon we'll need to switch him to bigger tank since he starts to outgrow this one (and I would prefer to have him in horizontal type viv, not vertical).

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Love it!

IMO the best part of the hobby is enjoying our animals in their semi realistic habitats.

Great spot to relax and watch the critters!

Nice work.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Sylphie (07-14-2016)

Thanks

Re: Reptile room created from nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Love it!

IMO the best part of the hobby is enjoying our animals in their semi realistic habitats.

Great spot to relax and watch the critters!

Nice work.
    Thank you! When we move to big house I plan to do really big enclosures for each of our reptiles (like 2x bigger than recommended sizes for each species) with more realistic water areas etc. But that will be no sooner than in December, so they need to wait, haha! Just hope that crestie and garter tanks will arrive soon, so they'll have their required minimums.

Thanks

Just wondering.. are you using "great stuff" for your backgrounds? I'm trying to start the process of a live vivarium in my 40 gal for my Super Pastel. Also what's the name of that 3D rock paint?? Thanks!!
    Awesome setups btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

nice!!! looking great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk