Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,950

1 members and 2,949 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

View Poll Results: Are you playing? What team do you rep?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Instinct - Yellow

17 19.54%
  • Team Mystic - Blue

21 24.14%
  • Team Valor - Red

20 22.99%
  • Team Not Playing - No Color

29 33.33%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Pokemon Go! Are you playing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Momokahn View Post
    Pokemon Go is right up there with eating Tide Pods. Further proof of Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection in a digital age
    And yet I have a well paid job that I am very good at and am starting my masters while working full time. I also have a boyfriend that I’ve lived with for four years. I don’t believe that occasionally throwing digital poke balls at digital Pokémon for free is affecting my reproductive fitness. My reproductive fitness may be zero, but that’s solely because I choose not to have children.

1.0 Pastel yellowbelly ball python -Pipsy
    2.0 Checkered garter snakes - Hazama & Relius
    1.0 Dumeril's boa - Bazil

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kcl For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (05-14-2018),Craiga 01453 (05-15-2018),tttaylorrr (05-12-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    DANG! i've probably earned around 3K in coins. i spend them all on incubators hahaha.

the only legendary i have is Moltres. i don't do the raids that much, but i should start. i practically run the gym closest to me lol. my backyard also butts up to a middle school so i kick those punk kids out on the weekly.

have you gotten Kangaskhan or Farfetch'd? i hatched out a Farfetch'd but still haven't got Kangaskhan.
    yeah i've used the coins to max out my storage and upgrade my backpack and lotsa raid passes. once i put my Slaking at a gym in a part of town i don't frequent often and someone kept feeding it berries so it was gone for like 3weeks lol. i thought i would never see it again.

anyways i had like a dozen Farfetch'ed - all wild caught recently - just late Nov 2017. i didn't realize it was a continent specific Pokemon. i only have like 4 now after trading in most.

i still have like 13 Kangaskhan. i caught them all in Anaheim, CA last summer. i was there on vacay and there happened to be a World Pokemon Championship Tournament at the convention center. lol whatta coinicidence! anyways they released the Australia-exclusive Kangaskhan locally over there just for the weekend. i' give u one if he game ever allows trading/selling/gifting. i really want a Mr. Mime, but probably not traveling to Europe anytime soon to catch one. anyways here's some pix of my Kangaskhan i've seen and caught.

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Wh-what?!?!?! Pokemon Go is still a thing?!?!?!?
    it is for the nerds
    and hipsters.

Pokemon Go is right up there with eating Tide Pods. Further proof of Darwin's Theory of Natural Selection in a digital age
    sure it is. negg'ed!

Edit: hmm i kinda feel like updating this thread more often. #Pokebamps
    Last edited by Ax01; 05-14-2018 at 06:33 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (05-15-2018),tttaylorrr (05-15-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Wow, I may not get the hype, but at least I don't insult those who enjoy it...

I must be a barbarian since I play hockey. Only a barbarian would carry a stick around and hit people with it...
    I also must have served time in prison since I have tattoos...
    I listen to hard rock/heavy metal sometimes too, I must worship the devil...

Different strokes for different folks, people.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Aerries (05-15-2018),Reinz (05-21-2018)

Thanks

I don't think it's a good enough game that I would pay for it personally (maybe ~$1-2?), but pokemon were a big deal when I was a kid and free nostalgia with no commitment is nice. It's also not too bad about the microtransactions either and generally doesn't try to annoy you into opening your wallet.

1.0 Pastel yellowbelly ball python -Pipsy
    2.0 Checkered garter snakes - Hazama & Relius
    1.0 Dumeril's boa - Bazil

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kcl View Post
    I don't think it's a good enough game that I would pay for it personally (maybe ~$1-2?), but pokemon were a big deal when I was a kid and free nostalgia with no commitment is nice. It's also not too bad about the microtransactions either and generally doesn't try to annoy you into opening your wallet.
    that's the beauty with most Nintendo games (this isn't exactly Nintendo but you get what i'm saying); they generally give you the currency needed in game just by simply playing often enough.

i haven't spent a dime of real money and i can still upgrade stuff and buy the things i want fairly regularly, because i battle the gyms.

the nostalgia is mainly what keeps me around. tho i still play the pokemon handheld games, it's nice to open the app and play some quick pokemon on my lunch break at work.

ima try my first raid this weekend, if i can find a low-level one
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    I started playing when it first came out. I played for a few months and then quit till this February. Downloaded the game again, and got pretty big into Raiding.

Thanks
    so sorry PoGo playas! i forgot to bamp this thread and remind everyone that Saturday was a Community Day w/ an abundance of Charmanders to catch. and if u evolve it fully during the 3 hour hunt, it gets a special edition move - Blast Burn! i hope peeps go out there anyway.

here's me evolving a Shiny i caught. i love the fully evolved shiny, black Charizard!

lol i lost GPS signal and thought the game might crash and i might lose my Shiny!
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Thanks
    Ended up with 8 shinies. It was a good community day! Also found a 96%(non) shiny that I was happy about. I ended up evolving a 93, 96, and a low IV shiny for the special move. Saved the rest of my candy to power them up in the future. Been working on solo/duo raid teams so my dust has been non existent for a while.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

awe, shoot! i missed this community day.
    Quote Originally Posted by MmmBanana View Post
    Ended up with 8 shinies. It was a good community day! Also found a 96%(non) shiny that I was happy about. I ended up evolving a 93, 96, and a low IV shiny for the special move. Saved the rest of my candy to power them up in the future. Been working on solo/duo raid teams so my dust has been non existent for a while.
    hey how do you check IVs?
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MmmBanana View Post
    wow! i only got 2 Shinies! i dunno, i kinda felt like there were less Charmanders and Shinies this community day. at least in the park we were in. i usually catch 4 or 5. just asking random peeps, the most Shinies found was only like 4.

the two Shinies i caught don't have good IV's but hey, don't they look great?! i got a 98% Charmander tho. i only knew that b/c a guy in the group ahead of us shouted very loudly several times to everyone - "Hey there's a 98% Charmander at this stop!!":

also i got my first Ho-Oh in a legendary raid. i really want a Shiny Ho-Oh w/ rainbow wings. we beat a Latias in another raid, but i failed to catch it. i already have 1 tho.

awe, shoot! i missed this community day.
    awww mah bad! forgot to bamp. i only missed 1 community day i think - the Pikachu one in January b/c i was sick. i still got lucky and caught a 0.1 Shiny Pikachu around the house lol.

FYI Alola forms/morphs are coming soon! i can't wait to catch/evolve a tall goofy Exeggutor.

hey how do you check IVs?
    there's a way to manually calculate it. it's based on a scale of 0-15 for attack, defense and stamina. so u give your Pokemon a max of 15 points for each of those things during it's appraisal, add it up and divide by 45. or just use an app or online calculator like this: https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/en/tools/iv-calculator

but personally i don't use IV's to judge my monstars - i just use the basic appraisal of Amazing, Strong, Decent and Not Great (Team Valor's assessment). i keep Amazing and Strong and lesser ones if they are kool, unique, Shinies or i caught them in a city i visited while traveling.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast