Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,047

1 members and 3,046 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

View Poll Results: Are you playing? What team do you rep?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Instinct - Yellow

17 19.54%
  • Team Mystic - Blue

21 24.14%
  • Team Valor - Red

20 22.99%
  • Team Not Playing - No Color

29 33.33%
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Cool Pokemon Go! Are you playing it?

Alright peeps, are u playing the game that’s sweeping the nation? Who’s getting out there in the real world and catching all the cute Pokemon’s?

I didn’t have much to do as the work day was winding down last Friday so I downloaded the game to see what all the buzz was about.

And look! Right away I find a Squirtle on my desk!

And 2 more Pokemon!
    Lol how many are hiding in my desk.

Leaving work, I find Magikarp. I reached level 3 after this. Lol I’ve only been playing like 30minutes.

I went Pokemon hunting during my morning run yesterday. Look Magikarp again!

I ran to this checkpoint on a lil island:

Another checkpoint. I was just at the check point on that lil island:

Found a gym and tried to get in it but I guess I’m not level 5 yet so I can’t. I wasted time here and lost out on that Psyduck. It was gone by the time I gave up on trying to access the gym.

This mushroom crab thing was hard to catch. I think it took my 4 throws.
    (Yeah, my aim is bad lol. Whatever.)

This was the second Poliwag I caught on my run and my phone immediately died after this. My phone had 46minutes on a 41% charge.

At some point after this I charged my phone, caught more Pokemons including my first Eevee (so cute!) and reached Level 5 and joined the Red Team - Valor, took a nap, had lunch and went out again to catch some more lol.

I found this flower Pokemon outside of another gym (a temple IRL).

The gym was controlled by the yellow team – Instinct.

I don’t’ even know what I’m doing in battle.

I died, lost or whatever. Lmao ZERO points.

Here’s one of the Eevee’s I caught. They’re like baby fox Pokemon’s. I caught 4 so far!!

Here’s my album of pix - http://imgur.com/a/uDr1u that’s not all of my Pokemon’s tho. Imma update this thread and album with more pix as I catch some more.

Add your pix and stories. Go!
    Last edited by Ax01; 07-11-2016 at 05:35 PM.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (07-12-2016),Ba11er (07-11-2016),Fraido (07-11-2016),nightwolfsnow (08-26-2016),Snoopyslim (07-11-2016),Soord (07-11-2016)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Someone is going to get killed playing that game if they haven't already. It appears to be very addictive. I honestly don't get it. I catch real animals. I already had to ban that game in my house and my car.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (07-12-2016),blk02ssmonte (07-12-2016),C.Marie (05-12-2018),Crowfingers (07-15-2016),Herpo (08-30-2016),Stewart_Reptiles (07-11-2016)

Thanks
    I have been interested in Pokemon Go because i was really into the cards growing up but idk about walking around playing a game. I found the pictures intriguing. I would like to see more pic and a little about how the game is played...ect

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ba11er For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (07-11-2016)

Thanks

Re: Pokemon Go! Are you playing it?

I've got it but haven't got super intrigued in playing it taking care of the wife fresh off surgery, work, and the animals and yard work takes most of my time but the premise of getting kids out of the house and not glued to a tv and getting a little exercise is something I highly promote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facebook.com/ToValhallaReptiles
    Instagram.com/ToValhallaReptiles

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BMorrison For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (07-11-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

OMG this is so cool!! I want to play but also kind of afraid that it will be addicting and take up even more of my non-existing time LOL

Look at you catching em all - 3 at your desk eeeek so amaze. lmao...the battle...better luck next time.
    Valentine's Keeper

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopyslim For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (07-11-2016)

Thanks
    I have been playing the game a lot. I grew up playing it on the gameboy and nintendo and i really like the concept. I think the game is great socially, I have met a few people on my team and I have gone grinding with a bunch of friends to gain levels. I also really like the motivation for walking and exercising it has for people. As a computer engineer i sit at my desk all day so it is nice to get up and walk around capping gyms and pokemon. As a computer engineer i also cringe super hard at their release and the amount of game ending bugs they put it out with (see 1hp gym bug, servers, logging out bug, sound bug, etc.). I also wonder how they will handle things like the learning curve and gyms for new players when people start to have insanely leveled pokemon (around me there are gyms with power level 1200 pokemon and many of my less hardcore friends only have power level 300-400). It will be interesting to see how it develops but for now its been interesting and very fun when it works
    1.0 Butter Ghost
    0.1 Butter Pin

0.1 Nic BCI

0.0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Soord For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (07-11-2016)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Gah haven't yet been able to download it. Going green with envy here.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vipera Berus For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (07-11-2016),meganmarkita15 (07-14-2016)

Thanks
    an example on how much it gets people moving is that my friends and i got 13,000-15,000 steps on sunday because we spent a ton of time playing. This is not including our normal steps for the day on top of that
    1.0 Butter Ghost
    0.1 Butter Pin

0.1 Nic BCI

0.0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa

Account Disabled
    Thanks

I was actually a beta tester for the game. You will not believe how crazy evolving was then lol. 314 candies to evolve pidgeotto and you only got one a catch. It's not nearly as good as I'd hoped and they replaced the number of meters a pokemon is from you with those little footsteps, which I find inconvenient. And they don't seem to actually have taken much input from beta testers even though they did ask for suggestions, they could have at least given some indicator of a direction. But overall its not too bad, my boyfriend loves it.
    Now, I'm a pretty extreme introvert, I actually may have social anxiety, so I don't really like it too much anymore. I like having walk arounds but I can't really deal with people coming up to me and talking about it or shouting out to me about it. I really preferred when it was in beta and only like three people nearby had it and no one really talked about it. The whole social aspect is kinda ruining it for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Someone is going to get killed playing that game if they haven't already. It appears to be very addictive. I honestly don't get it. I catch real animals. I already had to ban that game in my house and my car.
    just set parameters for kids, where and when it's appropriate to play. combine that with some supervision when out in public and reinforce safety rules like look both ways before crossing the street, don't talk to strangers, etc. and it will be fine and fun.

(on a separate note, a teen girl in Wisconsin did find a body while playing the game and hunting Pokemon along a river but that was unrelated to the game.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ba11er View Post
    I have been interested in Pokemon Go because i was really into the cards growing up but idk about walking around playing a game. I found the pictures intriguing. I would like to see more pic and a little about how the game is played...ect
    basically the game uses a map and GSP. u search for and catch Pokemon's around u. it encourages peeps to go outside, explore and look for them. u might find Pokemon at the park, the store, downtown, etc. u might meet other peeps along the way. when u are near or discover a Pokemon, u tap in on the map and u see Pokemon imposed on the landscape on your phone. throw balls to catch'em. there are stops along the way (i.e landmarks) to resupply and gyms (more landmarks or prominent buildings) to train your Pokemon and battle other teams. it's really cool and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BMorrison View Post
    I've got it but haven't got super intrigued in playing it taking care of the wife fresh off surgery, work, and the animals and yard work takes most of my time but the premise of getting kids out of the house and not glued to a tv and getting a little exercise is something I highly promote.
    yep, go outside kids. it's summer and full of Pokemon's.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopyslim View Post
    OMG this is so cool!! I want to play but also kind of afraid that it will be addicting and take up even more of my non-existing time LOL

Look at you catching em all - 3 at your desk eeeek so amaze. lmao...the battle...better luck next time.
    just play at your own pace. u don't even have to battle and get your butt kicked like me. u can just have fun collecting. the game encourages peeps to go outside, but u don't have to for the purpose of playing. play when u are on a run, walking the dog, grocery shopping, before u meet up with friends and u don't want them to know that u collect virtual Pokemon's.

Quote Originally Posted by Soord View Post
    I have been playing the game a lot. I grew up playing it on the gameboy and nintendo and i really like the concept. I think the game is great socially, I have met a few people on my team and I have gone grinding with a bunch of friends to gain levels. I also really like the motivation for walking and exercising it has for people. As a computer engineer i sit at my desk all day so it is nice to get up and walk around capping gyms and pokemon. As a computer engineer i also cringe super hard at their release and the amount of game ending bugs they put it out with (see 1hp gym bug, servers, logging out bug, sound bug, etc.). I also wonder how they will handle things like the learning curve and gyms for new players when people start to have insanely leveled pokemon (around me there are gyms with power level 1200 pokemon and many of my less hardcore friends only have power level 300-400). It will be interesting to see how it develops but for now its been interesting and very fun when it works
    it is buggy. OMG i open the game last night before bed to admire all the Pokemon i caught and my inventory was empty.

i was SOOO MAD!! but i closed the game and went back on 5 minutes later and everything was cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipera Berus View Post
    Gah haven't yet been able to download it. Going green with envy here.
    get it and catch all before they're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Soord View Post
    an example on how much it gets people moving is that my friends and i got 13,000-15,000 steps on sunday because we spent a ton of time playing. This is not including our normal steps for the day on top of that
    stopping to catch Pokemon whenever my phone vibrated and beeped did get in the way of my run. but anyway, alotta peeps on twitter and stuff are remarking how sore their legs have been lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyPython View Post
    I was actually a beta tester for the game. You will not believe how crazy evolving was then lol. 314 candies to evolve pidgeotto and you only got one a catch. It's not nearly as good as I'd hoped and they replaced the number of meters a pokemon is from you with those little footsteps, which I find inconvenient. And they don't seem to actually have taken much input from beta testers even though they did ask for suggestions, they could have at least given some indicator of a direction. But overall its not too bad, my boyfriend loves it.
    Now, I'm a pretty extreme introvert, I actually may have social anxiety, so I don't really like it too much anymore. I like having walk arounds but I can't really deal with people coming up to me and talking about it or shouting out to me about it. I really preferred when it was in beta and only like three people nearby had it and no one really talked about it. The whole social aspect is kinda ruining it for me.
    awww. maybe u can play super early in the morning or really late at night or very deep in the woods or something. or have your BF be a buffer between your Pokemon catching and other players.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Snoopyslim (07-12-2016)

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast